Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 08:54:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  What rock stars and celebrities have influenced your fashion choices/style?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What rock stars and celebrities have influenced your fashion choices/style?  (Read 7087 times)
Annie
« on: January 17, 2009, 12:48:06 PM »

Back in the 80's I was greatly influenced my Madonna. I was a diehard Madonna wannabe. That's probably why I didn't discover GNR until 1992. I loved wearing lace and crucifixes. I thought I was so cool. I met this NY millionaire's son in London and  he hated my clothes. I was so offended. I also loved Princess Diana. You used to be able to walk down the street in London and be inspired to run into a shop and buy an outfit. I also loved the grunge look. Floral dresses and Doc Martens with ribbon necklaces. I spent a fortune on Melrose Ave in LA in the 90's. Paris Hilton introduced me to Juicy Couture and premium denim. I remember Axl was once voted worst dressed and they said it still didn't stop his legions of fans from dressing like him.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 04:50:51 PM by Annie » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 01:29:54 PM »

Everything influences me. Aslong as I think its cool. Its all good cause what i say, is the fuckin law  smoking

html sucks
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 03:28:41 PM »

Quite a mix Tongue

Here's a few: Axl Rose (you have to love a leather jacket over a naked body!), Vince Neil, Christina Agiulera (the hair), rappers and Black Metal musicians (great clothes, the jewelry in the BM-category is exellent for me as Norwegian, ideology and posture) and Pamela Anderson... we got nearly the same body beside the tits and thats how I wanna keep it hihi

I always see all kinds of people as inspiration source,-
- f.eks Mike Tyson's tattoo was an inspiration for a underarm tribal-tattoo to me.

Quentin Tarantino and Samuel l. jackson got me into those hats, six-pans?

Aslong as I think its cool. Its all good cause what i say, is the fuckin law  smoking

Thats a great law, indivuality above all peace

I loved wearing lace and crucifixes.

Wear it upside down hm yes
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 03:34:56 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 06:12:11 AM »

No one. I walk to my own song.

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 04:23:37 PM »

The Jonas brothers of course...I wear 3 suits at a time and carry a bag for the extra shoez.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 05:08:35 PM »

Axl and I shared the sports jersey workout pant look for awhile which wasn't intentional, it just happened to be what I was wearing at the same time.

Jon Bon Jovi with the cool jeans, button down shirts and cool hairstyle.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 05:13:08 PM »

what would it be to dress like Madonna lady d and the grunge look at a time? you can beat axl and Jmack for sure.

On topic, none in particular.
well maybe indirect influences through fashion magazines and designers.

Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 07:14:10 PM »

The Jonas brothers of course...I wear 3 suits at a time and carry a bag for the extra shoez.
clown?? or other?
what about the eyebrows?

I dress according to what I am doing..work etc.. I never let fashion/celebrities/rocks stars dictate my personal comfort or style

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 07:26:14 PM »

None, I've never been about fashion.  I was the guy in college with huge glasses, red sweatpants, a sweatshirt that probably didn't match, running across the campus to get exercise and get to my next class.

Now, it's just dress the way I have to for work...and I enjoy wearing jeans when I'm not slavin'.   Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 04:19:44 PM »

hmm...let's see... Axl (ummm yeah leather jacket and hi-top sneakers? bitch'n and I can pull it off),  Rihanna (cute haircut~! -squeal of glee-),  but I have my own thing goin'.  I mean, I'll be the girl at the party in leopard-print shorts and a corset and platform heels.   Or maybe the girl who could be a boy if it weren't for the blusher and mascara.  That bein' said, I also make Britney's womanizer-secretary look my own. :3  Most comfortable in jeans, docs/hi-tops, and a t-shirt with something offensive or cute on it. EAT THE WORM..?! (y'all don't know how bad I want a shirt with that on it...guh!)

-grins- I was harassed by a random Hare Krishna on the street the other day saying 'oh I'm looking for rock stars!!'  imagine my shame having to 'fess up that I wasn't a rock star. I must just look degenerate or something.

do you even know where the fuck I am?
Annie
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 04:31:20 PM »

hmm...let's see... Axl (ummm yeah leather jacket and hi-top sneakers? bitch'n and I can pull it off),  Rihanna (cute haircut~! -squeal of glee-),  but I have my own thing goin'.  I mean, I'll be the girl at the party in leopard-print shorts and a corset and platform heels.   Or maybe the girl who could be a boy if it weren't for the blusher and mascara.  That bein' said, I also make Britney's womanizer-secretary look my own. :3  Most comfortable in jeans, docs/hi-tops, and a t-shirt with something offensive or cute on it. EAT THE WORM..?! (y'all don't know how bad I want a shirt with that on it...guh!)

-grins- I was harassed by a random Hare Krishna on the street the other day saying 'oh I'm looking for rock stars!!'  imagine my shame having to 'fess up that I wasn't a rock star. I must just look degenerate or something.
Great post. Fashion is just fun for me! I love it when I see family members dressed in clothes that I bought for them. I just spent a fortune on these ENGLISH LAUNDRY Beatles inspired shirts for my brother. They are really cool shirts with Beatles lyrics embroidered on them. My favorite is the SGT Pepper one.
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 04:54:59 PM »

@ Annie: well thanks. Smiley

I'd LOVE a shirt with the lyrics to 'Rocket Queen' printed on it. Or, as mentioned by Anne Rice/Lestat the Brat Prince, a shirt with a chapter of a book on it. Smiley  I think I'd likely wear 'Rocket Queen' more, though. 

There is something very satisfying about someone wearing an outfit you picked out for 'em.  If I weren't determined to gain fame and fortune through my writing, I'd really enjoy being a stylist. GODS, some of my mates need serious help.

It'd be Yellow Submarine for me, eh.  Failing that, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-da...-hums-

Annie
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 05:12:59 PM »

@ Annie: well thanks. Smiley

I'd LOVE a shirt with the lyrics to 'Rocket Queen' printed on it. Or, as mentioned by Anne Rice/Lestat the Brat Prince, a shirt with a chapter of a book on it. Smiley  I think I'd likely wear 'Rocket Queen' more, though. 

There is something very satisfying about someone wearing an outfit you picked out for 'em.  If I weren't determined to gain fame and fortune through my writing, I'd really enjoy being a stylist. GODS, some of my mates need serious help.

It'd be Yellow Submarine for me, eh.  Failing that, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-da...-hums-
I was thinking it would be cool for this designer to do some GNR themed shirts.
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 05:36:34 PM »

I was thinking it would be cool for this designer to do some GNR themed shirts.

I'd buy one. Fuck yeah I'd be feelin couture walkin' round Welly in that!!!! Cheesy hot shit oi oi!

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 06:55:10 PM »

if i were to name one of many influences that had a huge impact on me. Musically, and fashion.

R.I.P Dave Lepard

Its been 3 years!

html sucks
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 06:58:22 PM »

William Hung
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 07:01:33 PM »

@ mrlee: oh, wow.  TRAPPED!   

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 07:04:32 PM »

say what lol?

html sucks
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 07:27:19 PM »

say what lol?

that pic... I saw it and thought 'she fiiine..! ...wait, where's the boobs? ...wait...hang on, Dave?? -yelps- it's a dude?!'   -facepalm-

YES, all right, you can laugh at me now... -shaaaaaame-

awesome clothes, though. 

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 02:55:50 AM »

Back in the 80's I was greatly influenced my Madonna. I was a diehard Madonna wannabe. That's probably why I didn't discover GNR until 1992. I loved wearing lace and crucifixes. I thought I was so cool. I met this NY millionaire's son in London and  he hated my clothes. I was so offended. I also loved Pricess Diana. You used to be able to walk down the street in London and be inspired to run into a shop and buy an outfit. I also loved the grunge look. Floral dresses and Doc Martens with ribbon necklaces. I spent a fortune on Melrose Ave in LA in the 90's. Paris Hilton introduced me to Juicy Couture and premium denim. I remember Axl was once voted worst dressed and they said it still didn't stop his legions of fans from dressing like him.

aww, you were just like D  love

I think Nikki Sixx has cool outfits. The newer stuff.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: