Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:50:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227866 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Anybody here live in London England?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anybody here live in London England?  (Read 1909 times)
Annie
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:10:44 PM »

I just want to know if anybody here has seen, or knows anybody who has seen the sequel to Phantom of the Opera , LOVE NEVER DIES. Thanks. ok It received very mixed reviews. I want to plan a trip to NYC in December to see it when it opens on Broadway if I can get tix.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 01:32:28 PM »

planning on seeing this in London in next few months.  A friend of mine was due to go this month to a preview, I'll ask her what she thought of it.  ok
Annie
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 04:45:38 PM »

planning on seeing this in London in next few months.  A friend of mine was due to go this month to a preview, I'll ask her what she thought of it.  ok
That will be very much appreciated!
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 04:59:50 PM »

If you liked Phantom, you will like the sequel. It is technically very good, the songs work well and the singers are great. The story is not very strong though.

Les Miserables for me wins hands down every time.
Annie
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 05:08:30 PM »

If you liked Phantom, you will like the sequel. It is technically very good, the songs work well and the singers are great. The story is not very strong though.

Les Miserables for me wins hands down every time.
Thankyou so much. I'll never forget the first time I saw Les Miz in London in 1986. It was the greatest musical performance ever except for the 8 times I saw Uncle Axl.  I think I've seen Les Miz about 18 times.
Annie
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 07:58:53 PM »

Well since I'm going to Reading to see GNR, I just purchased some tix for LOVE NEVER DIES! Before Axl and Edward there was the Phantom. I read the story on wikipedia, it's just typical phan fiction, but the soundtrack is brilliant especially THE BEAUTY UNDERNEATH!
Annie
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 11:20:12 PM »

I am really excited about the GNR show in Reading. I'm a little nervous about being in such a big crowd. I'm really afraid of getting hit in the head with a bottle of piss. My current strategy is to dress up like a flower child, and pretend I'm at WOODSTOCK. I'm also going to accept that I won't be in the front few rows. Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:22:55 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 05:03:03 AM »

It's not impossible to get into the front row at Reading - and these days they have a barrier around the pit area to prevent crushing, so I usually move into position into that area when the band before the one I want to see are finishing. People will then head off to the loo/bar between bands and you can wend your way towards the front.  The barrier is quite a good idea really as the front section of the crowd is reasonably protected against the whole weight of the field behind you. (first time I went to Reading in 95, this was NOT the case and I was in the front row for hours being squished by most of Reading!..back in the hardcore days!)
Be warned with Reading, like all festivals - the toilets are not a good situation.  Lots of people dress up though, so wear whatever you like.  Yes there are twats there, but you get idiots at gigs/festivals all over the world and am sure the huge number of Guns fans there will be up for the best time possible.  Although I've seen bottling at Reading, I dont think its ever happened with a headline band, more during ill-advised bookings during the daytime (Daphne and Celeste, The Rasmus, 50 cent) - I've been to Reading 8 times over the years and never been hit by piss bottles or anything - the odds are pretty good.  I'd say the thing to avoid most is camping at Reading - thats where the real trouble is and the reason I've paid for a guest ticket for the last 6 years and got separate guest camping.  But then I'm older and less tolerant of screeching teens these days! Am sure for some, its all about the camping experience  nervous
Hope to see/meet you there!
Its great your seeing Love Never Dies while your there too! I must book my tickets.
Annie
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 12:02:25 PM »

I found a great hotel in London near Paddington station  where I can catch a train to and from Reading. ok I would love to meet up with HTGTH board members! I am so excited about Love Never Dies. London productions are always a wee bit better than Broadway productions IMO. We are thinking of going to see a matinee of the original Phantom of the Opera before we see Love Never dies in the evening. If you are a Phantom phan, read PHANTOM by Susan Kay. It blows the entire TWILIGHT saga away. Gerard Butler totally made me fall in love with the Phantom! I think I saw the movie 18 times in the theater! 5 times more than TWILIGHT! If you have a chance watch that silly Phantom video I posted in the youtube thread, I can listen to the BEauty Underneath over and over!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:30:02 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: