Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:37:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An idea about the singles for chinese democracy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An idea about the singles for chinese democracy  (Read 1419 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: October 25, 2006, 03:14:24 AM »

I think what Axl needs to do for the singles besides putting a few b side songs he should also put one or two of the ALT versions of the single. Dizzy said they have like 3 or 4 versions of each song. I would love to hear the other versions. If they dont do it that way, then maybe 6 months after CD drops, pull a trent and put out another CD with the other versions as a box set or something.  What do you think?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 03:19:44 AM »

we might not get a single per-say. there might be a video but that doesn't mean it will be accompanied by a cd-single to buy it.

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 06:55:43 AM »

I'd love them to put out the singles as 12" vinyl like they've done in the past, with both alt versions of the songs and a maybe a live track from the tour too - especially, 'Sailing' from the Wembley show (29th).? I think I read somewhere that there's been a resurgence of vinyl, so it may be a goer financially - and I'm not just saying this 'cos I've finally replaced my old turntable with a brand, spanking new one!? Grin

Oh and just to be greedy, I hope that there'll be some amazing videos to go along with them, showing the band in commanding form.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 07:10:26 AM »

I think what Axl needs to do for the singles besides putting a few b side songs he should also put one or two of the ALT versions of the single. Dizzy said they have like 3 or 4 versions of each song. I would love to hear the other versions. If they dont do it that way, then maybe 6 months after CD drops, pull a trent and put out another CD with the other versions as a box set or something.  What do you think?

I was thinking it'd be really cool to do that. Maybe switch them up. If there's a single for saw, TWAT, Maddy & Better put some demo versions of each song on the other single.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 07:12:06 AM »

I assume Axl has spent the last 4 years figuring out which single is the best of each, but yeah 'we' would eat that up like cake.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: