Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:50:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  The StarFuckers
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The StarFuckers  (Read 2538 times)
DaBrookman
« on: January 12, 2005, 02:11:16 AM »

Hey y'all! Wanted to give you a heads up about the StarFuckers at the Lighthouse in Hermosa Beach, CA this monday, Jan 17th. I was checkin' out Gilbys site and apparantly Dizzy is in the band as well! Anywayz, my band The Fleshgodz (www.myspace/thefleshgodz) is playing with them, so just wanted to help get the word out - its gonna be an awesome show!
DaBrookman
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 03:57:09 PM »

The show was so amazing you guys! First my band performed a 60 min set, and we threw in a few cool covers like "Red Hot" by Motley Crue, "Breakin the Law" by Judas Priest, "Surrender" by Cheap Trick, and we had our friend Amy perform "Call me" by Blondie as well as "Take it off" by The Donnas. The Starfuckers went on about an hour later, and performed cool tunes like "Honkey Tonk Woman" and "Sympathy For the Devil"' by the Stones, "Get Back" by the Beatles, and that one popular Georgia Satellites song.  The true highlight for me was when Gilby invited me onstage to sing their final number, "Knockin' on heavens Door"! It was amazing to sing that song with Dizzy and Gilby on either side! I did the full-on axl routine, of course, including the whole sing-along thing, and everyone got into it! Dizzy sort of has the Axl look going with I guess they are called dreadlocks? I told him a story of when I met him years before, and he was so cool he actually remembered! When I hit the stage, he actually set, "I know Brook!" and repeated the storyI had told him earlier! It was so nice! Dizy and Gilby were just the nicest, coolest guys. SlimJim and Stefan were great too of course! They didn't catch my band's show unfortunately, but Gilby did catch our last song "Drinkin' My Troubles Away" which I guess made him comfortable to let me sing with them. Anwayz, sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, it was truly a highlight for me!
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 07:19:43 AM »

Sounds like a good time.  I like the covers you picked, you have good taste in music.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
DaBrookman
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 07:05:14 PM »

Thanks! We got invited back again for tomorrow. That shit never happens! We'll be doing a couple more surprise covers!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: