Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 07:15:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  When the Speakers make the Song
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When the Speakers make the Song  (Read 3726 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: January 09, 2005, 07:30:53 PM »

I recently put Metallica's ...And Justice For All cd on my dad's old speakers he used to listen to Classical music with. For the first time, I realized how brilliant the title track is! It has so many details I did not notice earlier. I noticed the double bass drumming was nailed: it was timed perfectly and at the right places. The bass production felt very appropriate. The empty, sad sound adds so much to the songs. All the other songs sounded better, too. I just noticed it the most with the title track.

The same can be said for Led Zeppelin's Kashmir.  Shocked It sounds unbelievably good! The bass and the drumming are greatly improved. Everything about it sounds better.

This is also a reason to buy a cd over an mp3 (and vinyl over cd, if you're lucky). Things just sound better and less muddled! So, what are some songs everyone has really noticed for the first time after playing them on a good system?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 07:44:32 PM »

I recently put Metallica's ...And Justice For All cd on my dad's old speakers he used to listen to Classical music with. For the first time, I realized how brilliant the title track is! It has so many details I did not notice earlier. I noticed the double bass drumming was nailed: it was timed perfectly and at the right places. The bass production felt very appropriate. The empty, sad sound adds so much to the songs. All the other songs sounded better, too. I just noticed it the most with the title track.

The same can be said for Led Zeppelin's Kashmir.? Shocked It sounds unbelievably good! The bass and the drumming are greatly improved. Everything about it sounds better.

This is also a reason to buy a cd over an mp3 (and vinyl over cd, if you're lucky). Things just sound better and less muddled! So, what are some songs everyone has really noticed for the first time after playing them on a good system?
Always had my ma's old vinyl player as a kicked listened to Elvis & T-Rex, one day me and my mate when in a vinyl/CD shop browsing and i saw a M?tley Cr?e vinyl having never heard anything by them i thought i would get in anyway i had heard their reputation and it was cheap to.  I thought it was amazing it was my first vinyl purchase and it sounded so good i could listen to it over and over again.  Little did i know that in actual fact this album is considered one of the worst albums by them, one the band even seems to hate but i still love it....welcome the vinyl greatness of Theatre of Pain and yes vinyl is way better, you'll notice on many old CDs how it says it has been transferred to CD they were originally meant for vinyl and that's why you have....what i would call...a more rounded sound
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 10:32:46 PM »

I don't get people who say vinyl is better than CD.  I mean, with vinyl you hear the sound of the stylus on the record all the time, with CD you get crystal clear digital sound.  I'm not seeing any downside to CDs here.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 11:24:57 PM »

yup, a good sound system is reccomended Smiley you will have a better and more detailed sound ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 12:31:43 AM »

I don't get people who say vinyl is better than CD. I mean, with vinyl you hear the sound of the stylus on the record all the time, with CD you get crystal clear digital sound. I'm not seeing any downside to CDs here.
They have laser LP players now. And yes the sound on Vinyl is richer sounding.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 12:36:53 AM »

And yes the sound on Vinyl is richer sounding.

it is ok exept from new cd productions, if you're gonna chose between a digital cd remaster and vinyl-
-choose vinyl,

but many new productions def works better on cd

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
anythinggoes
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 04:56:11 AM »

Toys in the attic on an original 1975/6 vinyl played through a 70's record player how it was heard back in the day
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 05:33:52 AM »

The same can be said for Led Zeppelin's Kashmir.? Shocked It sounds unbelievably good! The bass and the drumming are greatly improved. Everything about it sounds better.

So thats why both songs sound so bad......

I agree a really kick ass cd player can change an entire song, Metallica's S&M album on a truly awesome machine is breathtaking.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 08:17:42 AM »

Metallica's S&M album on a truly awesome machine is breathtaking.
Really? Shit man anything is possible then, because i felt all they managed to do was make nearly every song sound worse
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 03:07:20 PM »

Really? Shit man anything is possible then, because i felt all they managed to do was make nearly every song sound worse

No, your right - i will modify my post a bit more, 'Master of Muppets' on the S&M album on a kick ass machine is to die for - so much better than the original, just sounds unbelievable - orchestra is perfect

The rest are butchered, Enter Sandman is raped, and a lousy song selection makes S&M a weak offering - but that version of Master of Muppets is still wonderful.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 03:20:55 PM »

No, your right - i will modify my post a bit more, 'Master of Muppets' on the S&M album on a kick ass machine is to die for - so much better than the original, just sounds unbelievable - orchestra is perfect

The rest are butchered, Enter Sandman is raped, and a lousy song selection makes S&M a weak offering - but that version of Master of Muppets is still wonderful.
Only song i really liked on it was the new song No Leaf Clover, thought that was excellent.  Is your current disgust with Metallica the reason you keep calling Master of Puppets, Master of Muppets?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 05:41:35 PM »

Only song i really liked on it was the new song No Leaf Clover, thought that was excellent.? Is your current disgust with Metallica the reason you keep calling Master of Puppets, Master of Muppets?

Lol - it wasn't deliberate, either my spelling is off or i dislike Metallica at a subconcious level....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 05:59:18 PM »

Only song i really liked on it was the new song No Leaf Clover, thought that was excellent.? Is your current disgust with Metallica the reason you keep calling Master of Puppets, Master of Muppets?

Lol - it wasn't deliberate, either my spelling is off or i dislike Metallica at a subconcious level....
Must be at a subconcious level im sure you've done it in the Metallica thread aswell.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: