Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:46:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Mainstream bands you have not heard
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mainstream bands you have not heard  (Read 4115 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: November 24, 2005, 06:17:40 PM »

#1- Alice in Chains. I haven't heard a single AoC album, and don't know if I ever will get around to it. I'm not a grunge fan, but I've heard good things about them.
#2- Tool. I've been told their radio songs I heard WAY back in the day were crap, and the best songs are the ones no one talks about. I still haven't heard any of these. If a band like Judas Priest can make crap like Turbo Lover and Revolution, maybe I'll give Tool a chance someday.
#3- The Who. I've heard their most popular song, My Generation, and that's it. Heh.

Name some mainstream bands that you've heard of, and maybe have heard a few songs from, that you somehow haven't gotten into. I have been listening to so much metal, I haven't heard much good rock in a long time. I might give AiC and Tool a chance.
conny
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 07:04:07 PM »

James Taylor, I always wanted to check him out because I like singer/songwriter music, but I just never got around to and I don't know where to start. I heard he made some good songs, I just never heard one...lol.

Never heard a single note from Megadeath, all I know is the guitarist used to be in Metallica.

Walk, I can recommend you "Dirt" and "Jar Of Flies" (Alice) and "Who's Next" (The Who). Their best albums.

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 08:26:35 PM »

If you want to get into Megadeth, I recommend all albums up to and including Rust in Peace. Everything after that is hit or miss.
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 04:20:25 AM »

nirvana-   only heard the radio singles,  and one night stoned outta my mind we listened to some of the box-set-  that was pretty decent- 

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 08:58:29 AM »

Youthanasia - Megadeth, either that or Countdown to Extinction (CDTE was released around the same time as UYI's and Metallica Black)

AIC - Um Conny's right, Dirt is prolly a good place to start

Tool - Their latest effort is pretty damn good Lateralus

In all honesty any album from any of them is pretty damn good IMHO ok

I havene't heard much new stuff at all

Audio Slave Huh (I hate Chris Cornhole thogh rant )
Avenged Sevenfold Huh
Opeth Huh
Black Label Society Huh
Hellacopters Huh
Frameshift Huh
White Stripes Huh
Queens of the Stone Age Huh
System of a Down Huh

Really, it's more like anything post 2000 Huh

I haven't heard the new Foo Fighters, NIN, U2, Bon Jovi, Oasis or Disturbed albums yet either.
(I know I'm slow Embarrassed )

Any suggestions on stuff to listen to? I'm into heavier stuff and have contemplated giving Opeth, Avenged Sevenfold & BLS a whirl. But at the same time I don't mind Cold Play and Jack Johnson type of stuff when I'm in the right mood (I've been on a Pearl Jam kick lately) and I'm actually digging older U2 stuff on the radio. In all honesty how does the new U2 album stack up against albums like the Josua Tree and Actung Baby?

I Like the new Greenday, Hate Cornhole, Virtigo is alright, and the new NIN sigle is CRAP i honestly don't see how people can think it sounds good Huh His singing is brutal on that track. The songs I have heard from SOAD don't impress me. I Think the singer sucks, he's so off-key it's not even funny. IMO he belongs in that thread "Bands that shouldn't have contracts"
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 09:25:52 AM by Neemo » Logged

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM »

The Charlatans - massive indie band...apparently, never heard a note by them, nor could I name a song, album or band member

Happy Mondays - indie pioneers with the Stone Roses....again, heard nothing by them

Mainly its US rap acts I have not heard nothing of - MTV spends the entire time talking about them and yet I've never heard anthing by them - ''Cribs'' is positively surreal as they tour whole states owned by rappers - and yet I have never even heard their NAME before.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 01:51:29 PM »

AC/DC believe or not I haven't heard all their albums.
Aerosmith I have heard a few albums but not all of them, I heard get a grip, rocks, gems and just push play

I recomend to everyone to get into Queen discography or Maiden discography both are great  ok

No man can be my equal
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 03:34:34 PM »

Opeth Huh

Opeth mainstream? I'm intrigued Smiley

I'm into heavier stuff and have contemplated giving Opeth a whirl.

The cool thing about Opeth is that all their albums are brilliant. So when you ask five people to recommend Opeth, you get five different albums Wink My favorite album of theirs is Still Life, but Blackwater Park is also great to start with. Ghost Reveries, their latest one, has a bit Toolish sound, so if you're into that it's a consideration. And finally, Damnation is the album that introduces the mellow side of Opeth. It's also good for quality music you can actually listen with your gf (my gf's your average pop listener, but she loves Damnation).

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 04:09:18 PM »

Well, compared to Wood of Ypres, Opeth is a very mainstream band. Wink I highly recommend WoY if you like Opeth. I believe Opeth is as mainstream as a non-MTV band can get.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 06:27:05 PM »

Black Label Society Buy The album Mafia

Hellacopters Huh Check them out, i wont confess to being a massive fan but they rock!

Frameshift Huh Check out Absence of Empathy, Seb back does vocals on this album, tis good

White Stripes Huh - Boring

Queens of the Stone Age Huh Check them out if only to lead you to Kyuss, Josh Homme's first band, Stoner Rock excellence

System of a Down Huh Both albums released this year are fucking excellent, Hypnotize and Mezmerize. Buy them.
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 01:24:39 AM »

I have not listened to The Smiths who everyone seems to love. Maybe I should start now...

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2005, 02:37:35 AM »

Oasis, Ive just heard some of their songs.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2005, 04:01:13 AM »

Haven't heard anything from Black Sabbath except for Paranoid and Megadeth except for Sweating Bullets. Others: Oasis, Queensryche, Black Label Society etc.

Fuck 'Em All.
Megaguns
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2005, 06:27:46 AM »

Haven't heard anything from Black Sabbath except for Paranoid and Megadeth except for Sweating Bullets. Others: Oasis, Queensryche, Black Label Society etc.
you gotta get into some megadeth dude ok
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2005, 10:16:44 AM »

Guns N' Roses
Opeth
Status Quo
Thin Lizzy apart from boys are back in town
Rolling Stones
Meatloaf
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 10:18:27 AM by Sakib » Logged

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005, 11:35:27 AM »

#3- The Who. I've heard their most popular song, My Generation, and that's it. Heh.

You're missing so many great songs. Start with Baba O'?Riley, Who Are You, Won't Get Fooled Again, Bargain
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2005, 07:53:56 PM »

Guns N' Roses

hihi

I have only heard one track by Kiss nervous

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 08:09:13 PM »

pearl jam, heard nothing by these dudes.

html sucks
badapple81
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2005, 11:30:25 PM »

Audioslave - I hear good things but never heard a song.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: