Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 10:55:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Lizzy Borden- Heavy Hair Metal
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lizzy Borden- Heavy Hair Metal  (Read 2061 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: May 17, 2006, 02:34:48 AM »

Bands like Lizzy Borden, old Motley Crue, old Def Leppard, and Twisted Sister show that old "hair metal" was TRUE metal, and it wasn't LA poseur shit. That came later. Poison, Warrant, et al made it popular and much of the old guard sold out for some quick cash before the fad would end, and they knew it would. If Nirvana didn't end it, someone else would have. The whole situation was a snowball. When the old bands realized that their music was becoming a fad, they exploited it with image and gimmicks, which made the situation even worse, in a cycle of decline.

Lizzy didn't throw in the towel. They stood with WASP and Skid Row as bands that didn't abandon their musical principles, but fell victim to the general decline of the scene brought about by sellouts. I recently picked up Deal With The Devil, their latest album from 2000, and they still kick ass. Look at what's happened to Motley Crue, that runs from novelty to novelty without success, or Twisted Sister and Quiet Riot, bands that live off their past. Sellouts. Lizzy Borden owns those poseurs. This is one of the most underrated bands of the 80's hair band era, and they still rock as hard as ever, even today.

No GnR fan should be without the awesomeness of Lizzy Borden. Appreciate!  peace
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 01:18:49 PM »

WASP fucking rule, if Lizzy Borden is anything like WASP then i will like. Lots.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 05:20:08 PM »

Listening to There Will Be Blood Tonight off Deal With The Devil, great stuff dude, another good recommendation, if Iron Maiden was Hair Metal this is what i'd expect it to sound like.....

....some fantastic guitar work that does indeed blow most other hair metal acts out of the water, i'm shocked i'd never heard of this band before, the frontman has a fantastic range to.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 03:12:58 PM »

....some fantastic guitar work that does indeed blow most other hair metal acts out of the water, i'm shocked i'd never heard of this band before, the frontman has a fantastic range to.

Sweet. Looking forward to getting some of this. Does the frontman have a bigger range than Baz? I mean, come on, thats a large parking space man!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 04:00:54 PM »

Sweet. Looking forward to getting some of this. Does the frontman have a bigger range than Baz? I mean, come on, thats a large parking space man!
Nah but this dude has a decent sized parking space.....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: