Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 05:51:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Morbid Saint- America's answer to German thrash
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Morbid Saint- America's answer to German thrash  (Read 1750 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: January 02, 2007, 11:49:56 PM »

Every headbanger has heard of the 4 great German thrash bands: Kreator, Destruction, Tankard, and Sodom. Less known is the American thrash band Morbid Saint, which simply kills these four in quality and heaviness. Their only album, Spectrum of Death, is probably the best thrash album of 1988. The vocals and music are similar to the German guys most people are familiar with, except heavier, harsher, and better. The drumming is good enough to be in death metal. Perhaps the Eddie rip off album cover drove people off, which is a real shame, since they're nothing like Iron Maiden.

Along with Blind Illusion, this is probably the most underrated thrash band of all time, given the quality of its music. They're better than Armoured Saint and Morbid Angel put togther. Well, maybe not, but they're still amazing.  Grin
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 11:56:25 PM »

Forgot to mention this. Morbid Saint has a Myspace account. Just about every underground band does now, and even old school 80's bands have them. Possessed, anyone? Wink

http://www.myspace.com/spectrumofdeath

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=48574130 (Possessed, if you're a loser and haven't heard them)

Finally, I'll say that their album is extremely rare, and it's almost certain that you might have to "acquire" it with alternative methods. Trust me, it's worth it.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 04:10:58 AM »

I just found out Morbid Saint put out a demo called Destruction system after their first album, but this demo is practically of album quality. The only legal way to get it is to buy it (well, duh), from a limited edition of just 500 copies.  Shocked I'll be blunt here: you will certainly have to pirate this to hear it. It takes in elements from Exhorder inspired post-thrash and death metal, but it's still Morbid Saint, and it's excellent.

I usually despise p2p, but I have to make an exception for this particular work. Sometimes, it's what fans of obscure music have to do...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 08:14:37 AM »

Walk! Send me these guy's albums! I managed to find 3 tracks on Limewire and thats its. Email em/post em here/ ect. 

gnrevolution.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: