Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:10:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  First Lieutenant Ehren Watada still refuses Iraq deployment
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Lieutenant Ehren Watada still refuses Iraq deployment  (Read 7235 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2007, 02:51:37 PM »

Wow your wife was an ambassador and now she was a soldier too.  All of this before her early 30s.  Nothing short of amazing.

My mother worked in the foreign service, serving this country overseas for years, not my wife. She spent a great deal of time in Pakistan, India and other middle east countries and understands the make-up of those regions quite well unlike our LIAR president. My wife served in the Army, and I also have a brother who has served this country for years. My parents are both military and I was born in a military base in Virginia. My insurance is USAA for my homes and cars.

But don't let any of your confusion take away from the fact that there are those who have "served" that think people like you are a shame to the uniform.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 02:54:23 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
VIP

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2007, 03:18:04 PM »

He wants to abandon his brothers in arms.
Low. no
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2007, 03:36:07 PM »

Wow your wife was an ambassador and now she was a soldier too.? All of this before her early 30s.? Nothing short of amazing.

My mother worked in the foreign service, serving this country overseas for years, not my wife. She spent a great deal of time in Pakistan, India and other middle east countries and understands the make-up of those regions quite well unlike our LIAR president. My wife served in the Army, and I also have a brother who has served this country for years. My parents are both military and I was born in a military base in Virginia. My insurance is USAA for my homes and cars.

But don't let any of your confusion take away from the fact that there are those who have "served" that think people like you are a shame to the uniform.

They'd be in the minority. ?I deal with AD soldiers every day. ?I know what their feelings our on the situtation. ?Amercians don't tolerate cowards or losers. ?You want to cut and run, call names, and wait a few years so America is being bombed left and right. ?Then you can still point fingers, and try to push your agenda onto everyone else.

I have never supported the invasion of Iraq and will never agree with it. ?But we're there now and need to do what's necessary to keep America safe. ?Rather than focus on viable solutions, you live 4 years in the past yelling LIES LIES LIES. ?That's real constructive and helps better the situation. ?But ok SLC, here's a question you should ask your family. ?Ask your career father if he was still active would he go over to Iraq if his unit was deployed. ?

You don't give a rats ass about the Iraqis, or you'd advocate keeping America in to keep an all out genocide from happening. ?You don't give a rats ass about our miliatary or you'd advocate finishing the job so we don't have to go back in 10 years when it's 100x worse over there. ?You live in a dream world where lions lay down with the sheep.

Rather than exxagerate and spin what I said. ?Let's look at the truth. ?Have I ever said that someone who's not serving or hasn't served opinion is invalid or worth less? ?No, I have not. ?Have I said that you can be a patriot and not have served in the military, yes I have. ?What I have repeatedly said, is that I value the educated and empirical observation of people who have been over there rather than "independent" activist groups trying to find what they're looking for. ?I place a value on the opinions of our service men and woman because they're the ones who have to fight this war, not the American voters or the international community. ?I give a fuck what someone in France, INdia, Russia, China, etc. ?thinks about the US military and our foreign policy. ?In the end their opinions serve their best interests, not mine or Americas. ?People actually making sacrifices are the ones who will get fucked over in 10 years when some Democrat with a mandate from the UN sends my ass into Iraq on some humanitarian aide bullshit. ?Of course you'd support that, but again, you wouldn't be dodging bullets.

Do I discount the opinions of civilians, absolutely not. ?But if this war has taught us anything, it's that civilians are stubborn, finicky and unstable. ? When you unleash teh hounds of hell, you let them do their job. ?You don't get queazy after a short time and call the dogs back. ?You're god damn right if you think I give more creedence to the opinion of someone who's actually going over to do the fighting than someone who gets to stay at home and watch American Idol. ?People not serving at best have no investment in this war. ?You'd rather let Iraq become the ultimate factory for terrorism, rather than finish the job now, hoping one of your boys can take credit. ?I get it and agree - going in was stupid and wrong. ?But we're there now and we need to live in the present, not the past. ?You don't see me spamming the board about how Democrats fucked with Vietnam and Korea - I live in the present.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 03:40:19 PM by Guns N RockMusic » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2007, 04:27:28 PM »

Amercians don't tolerate cowards or losers.  You want to cut and run, call names, and wait a few years so America is being bombed left and right.  Then you can still point fingers, and try to push your agenda onto everyone else.

There you go again with your Bill O'reilly clone talk.

Many republicans are ready to "cut n run" now in case you have not noticed.

Another thing you didn't notice was the latest NIE report which concluded that Iraq has made us less safe and has become a virtual recruiting ground for terrorists. Just like I said it would when this mess started.

My agenda huh? My "agenda" which you never seem to say what it is, is truth. Seems like most of America likes my "agenda" these days too.

I have never supported the invasion of Iraq and will never agree with it.  But we're there now and need to do what's necessary to keep America safe.

Staying in Iraq is making us less safe, intelligence reports have already told you this.

Rather than focus on viable solutions, you live 4 years in the past yelling LIES LIES LIES.

That is one of your many lies. I have given solutions non stop to this and my final solution is telling you that we need to get the hell out of Iraq.

You don't give a rats ass about the Iraqis, or you'd advocate keeping America in to keep an all out genocide from happening.

Iraqis are getting slaughtered by the thousands due to our occupation. I have always said this, since day one and Genocide is happening right now anyway-a total meat grinder, some of the worst yet.

You don't give a rats ass about our miliatary or you'd advocate finishing the job so we don't have to go back in 10 years when it's 100x worse over there. 

In fact my entire argument since day one is that Bush has used our military, which is a tragedy, sending them off to early deaths for a pack of lies. If anybody cares about our military, it's me, I want them out of harms way. Always have.

Rather than exxagerate and spin what I said.  Let's look at the truth.  Have I ever said that someone who's not serving or hasn't served opinion is invalid or worth less?

Look who is spinning now?

Your theme is.... "I serve my country, so shut the fuck up". You use this as a way to show how "patriotic" you are, and compare personal lives, using that as a scale, when your arguments and Ann Coulter articles fall flat. Kujo called both you guys out on this before, having served himself. 

Do I discount the opinions of civilians, absolutely not.  But if this war has taught us anything, it's that civilians are stubborn, finicky and unstable.

Take a look in the mirror.

You'd rather let Iraq become the ultimate factory for terrorism,

Another thing you do (and the other kool aide drinkers) is put words in my mouth. You guys always do this. For your information, Iraq has ALREADY become the factory for terrorism. Again, maybe take a look at the NIE report which says just that.

rather than finish the job now, hoping one of your boys can take credit.

I live in the present.

Finish what? Bush ignored good military advice before going into Iraq, opting to listen to Rummy's powerpoint presentations instead. We have failed, created a terror state, and essentially left Iraq open to Iran, all while making our country less safe. Now the oil companies are lining up to get their share, just like I said they would.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 04:31:59 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: