Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:45:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Music at gigs too loud?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Music at gigs too loud?  (Read 6381 times)
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2005, 08:49:52 PM »

When I was younger, I used to go to 2 or 3 concerts a week. I was almost always in the front row and leaning against the speakers. Everyone told me that I would be deaf when I got older. I had a hearing test last year and I can hear great. Maybe I'm the exception... Undecided
I'm sure there's certain tones you can't hear.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2005, 04:51:38 AM »

i dont see how anyone wears earplugs

my buddy had some when we went to see KISS

he offered me a pair
i put them in and it drowned the treble but the bass felt like it was beating through my chest
it made me feel so disoriented i thought i was gonna pass out, so i cant wear earplugs i just tough that shit out!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2005, 04:44:44 PM »

i dont see how anyone wears earplugs

my buddy had some when we went to see KISS

he offered me a pair
i put them in and it drowned the treble but the bass felt like it was beating through my chest
it made me feel so disoriented i thought i was gonna pass out, so i cant wear earplugs i just tough that shit out!

It kind of depends on the band for me, for instance, GNR in 2002 sounded fine with my earplugs.  Megadeth, on the other hand, I've heard sounds bad with earplugs, because it isolates Mustaine's voice from the guitar parts.  I wouldn't know, personally, because I forgot earplugs when I saw Megadeth ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
jet
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2005, 02:04:55 AM »

i guess you just get used to that "noise". I like listening the music loud but then i turn the volume on and on and it's louder and louder till i realize this is too much! Shocked

Earplugs? Sorry, like condoms, it's solution but so unnatural...Frankly speaking, it's even worse than condoms!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2005, 02:07:10 AM »

i guess you just get used to that "noise". I like listening the music loud but then i turn the volume on and on and it's louder and louder till i realize this is too much! Shocked

Earplugs? Sorry, like condoms, it's solution but so unnatural...Frankly speaking, it's even worse than condoms!

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2005, 05:03:24 AM »

Lol - but lets face it, u'd rather have shite sound at a concert and your hearing......than shite sound at a concert and deafness!

Earplugs effecting the sound might reduce the gigs impact - but atleast u'll be able to still hear the band the next time they tour!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 01:13:07 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jet
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2005, 03:50:38 AM »

if u havent been into a manowar gig , u cannot comprehend how loud the sound might be!!!!
seriously , the band is really proud of it and blah blah , but i think its painful. for fux sake!!!!? Lips Sealed
nonsence in that case. Agree.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: