Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:29:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  New Lemmy Solo Album- 'Lemmy And Friends'
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Lemmy Solo Album- 'Lemmy And Friends'  (Read 1578 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: February 10, 2005, 03:56:47 PM »

Long Beach Press is reporting that MOT?RHEAD's legendary frontman, Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister has set "Lemmy & Friends" as the title of his upcoming solo album, featuring collaborations with members of METALLICA, Dave Grohl (FOO FIGHTERS, ex-NIRVANA), REVEREND HORTON HEAT, THE DAMNED and SKEW SISKIN. "I've got seven tracks already done," declares Lemmy.

The veteran heavy metal rocker will pause long enough to find out Sunday night whether MOT?RHEAD has won the Grammy for best metal performance for "Whiplash", a METALLICA tune they covered on the album "Metallic Attack: A Tribute to Metallica".

For his upcoming "Lemmy & Friends" album, Lemmy says he'd also like "to get Jeff Beck, and I want to get Janet Jackson to do this great lost single called 'Black Cat'."

MOT?RHEAD are celebrating their 30th year in the business, and the group plan to head out on a stateside tour March 15. Lemmy says he's still loving being on the road after three decades: "I spend more time there than I do in my apartment."

But the outspoken Brit declares that the heightened security at concert venues is "killing rock 'n' roll. I can't believe all this running everything like a %$*%& military operation! It's no fun. You have to have 18 different-color passes ... you can go here but not go there. I say just let everybody in, and if we don't like them, we'll throw them out! It's insane."

The venue for the group's Los Angeles appearance hasn't been firmed up yet, but he says, "It looks like the Universal Amphitheatre, though I'd rather play the House of Blues if we can get it. They have great sound in there, whereas Universal doesn't, and I hate the staff there, too. ... Wow, there's a bunch of security-minded $%*# goons. There's no smoking, you can't take a drink in there. Is this a rock 'n' roll show or a $%&* Boy Scout picnic?"

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 05:48:39 PM »

The veteran heavy metal rocker will pause long enough to find out Sunday night whether MOT?RHEAD has won the Grammy for best metal performance for "Whiplash", a METALLICA tune they covered on the album "Metallic Attack: A Tribute to Metallica".

A grammy for a cover on a tribute album? confused

Okay, i know metal hasn't had a good couple of years but i think there are more deserving songs...and bands.

For his upcoming "Lemmy & Friends" album, Lemmy says he'd also like "to get Jeff Beck, and I want to get Janet Jackson to do this great lost single called 'Black Cat'."

Oh, he's all metal that Lemmy hihi I gotta say i have more faith in his duet with Britney Spears........

Quick! To the bandwagon!
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 06:00:04 PM »

But the outspoken Brit declares that the heightened security at concert venues is "killing rock 'n' roll. I can't believe all this running everything like a %$*%& military operation! It's no fun. You have to have 18 different-color passes ... you can go here but not go there. I say just let everybody in, and if we don't like them, we'll throw them out! It's insane."

I like that quote ... what a metal attitude.

And don't lecture me about the murder of Dime, I'm aware of the world we live in ... I'm merely observing that I wish it weren't that way, which is what I think Lemmy is saying, too.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: