Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:10:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?  (Read 43755 times)
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #200 on: March 04, 2008, 12:01:11 AM »

i never really considered gilby as big part of the band...  he was primarily a for touring to fill in izzy... sorum on the other hand played on most of UYI albums.. so while he wasn't an original member.. he was the drummer on a double album of original music...  the pin ball machine also wasn't using a song izzy or adler made famous.. i think the 2 are very different.  if you want a game featuring only the current band.. then it should only be for new music.... the best solution to this debate is to include all of the members.. start with the original... and make so that you have to beat songs to get new characters... hell make it so you have to start with tracy guns,,, and you have to beat some songs just to get slash
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #201 on: March 04, 2008, 03:16:18 AM »

Lets get the new album first then we can all worry about Guitar Hero.

Here today...ready to rock
elmir
VIP

« Reply #202 on: March 04, 2008, 03:46:33 AM »

putting the new band on guitar hero is not a bad thing to do....it will raise discussions of all sorts on here and similar communities, it may provoke and interview or two from Slash and/or Duff with whatever comments they may have for it.....but at the end of the day, we're getting GNR in the main publicity arena again.....how some of you see that as a bad idea i just don't get....

thousands of fans bitch and moan daily how the world does not get the opportunity to get to know Robin, Richard and the others, but when something like this comes up, then its a problem to associate them with the songs they've been playing for years now....

getting them out there for general public to get to know them and bring the band up to date in rock public's eyes is a great idea, and GH is an awesome platform to do that.

a lot of people forget that Robin is actually the longest serving member (guitarist) of GNR....EVER!!!!......longer than Slash even....
so if anyone deserves to get publicity kudos for anything, its Robin Finck....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 03:48:19 AM by elmir » Logged

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2008, 03:53:48 AM »

putting the new band on guitar hero is not a bad thing to do....it will raise discussions of all sorts on here and similar communities, it may provoke and interview or two from Slash and/or Duff with whatever comments they may have for it.....but at the end of the day, we're getting GNR in the main publicity arena again.....how some of you see that as a bad idea i just don't get....

thousands of fans bitch and moan daily how the world does not get the opportunity to get to know Robin, Richard and the others, but when something like this comes up, then its a problem to associate them with the songs they've been playing for years now....

getting them out there for general public to get to know them and bring the band up to date in rock public's eyes is a great idea, and GH is an awesome platform to do that.

a lot of people forget that Robin is actually the longest serving member (guitarist) of GNR....EVER!!!!......longer than Slash even....
so if anyone deserves to get publicity kudos for anything, its Robin Finck....

excellent points.

people put so much emphasis on who wrote what, too much in fact.   IF something like a guitar hero for GnR was to come out, it should feature ONLY the guys in the band currently.  Make a statement to the entire world and showing them who GnR is in the year 2008.   Putting the older lineups in would only cause more confusion about the band then there already and the guys in the band now deserve some recognition. 

I thought Jarmo made an excellent point about the pinball machine.     They made it based on who was in the band at the time.. this would be no different.     It would be members of Guns N' Roses showcased on Guns N' Roses songs.   Who gives a fuck who wrote what.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2008, 04:59:52 AM »

Its a horrible idea because if you are GNR u should be about the "NEW GUYS" and not making it look like they are a cover band playing old material. If u put them on a box of old GNR songs, it looks like they aren't capable fo standing on their own.

SO it would be a horrible idea to put the new band on a game that features songs written exclusively by the old members. People arent stupid. They'd see that and think "What the Fuck?"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
elmir
VIP

« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2008, 06:42:45 AM »

SO it would be a horrible idea to put the new band on a game that features songs written exclusively by the old members. People arent stupid. They'd see that and think "What the Fuck?"

well, that's the catch 22 we've been in for the last 10 years....the current band is commonly viewed as a very expensive cover band by the general public...

and one of the reasons this is so is because there has been no publicity or decent PR about them...so guitar hero won't hurt them too much, worst case scenario it stays like it is now...which we're all used to....

the new generation of rock fans will need to start learning about these guys sooner or later, so you might as well stick them out there...

ideally, it would be best if they featured with some of their own material...but if we can't have that....i'd like to see them on there anyway....

we got nothing to lose, they got nothing to lose....if its up for grabs....might as well do it...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2008, 08:33:05 AM »

Do you honestly think that this would happen, or are you just saying it because you seem to be upset about the microscopic possibility that there might be GN'R related products out there without your hero's picture on them?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2008, 09:08:29 AM »

ideally, it would be best if they featured with some of their own material...but if we can't have that....i'd like to see them on there anyway....

It would be great if a game could somehow reenact their supreme performances at the recent shows.  drool
gamers would love the characters.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #208 on: March 04, 2008, 09:13:51 AM »

arguing about this is / seem pretty pointless. Doubt that this would happen .

But just to put my two cents in. I don't/wouldn't care if it's the current  or former member in the game . cause the game would still kick ass.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2008, 10:00:01 AM »

Do you honestly think that this would happen, or are you just saying it because you seem to be upset about the microscopic possibility that there might be GN'R related products out there without your hero's picture on them?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

lets put it another way. I think that Slash, Duff, Izzy, steven are all evry proud of their acomplishments in GnR, its something personal to them and its a huge part of their life. I think that they would be disapointed if they were not recognised for their talent and hard work.....

that goes for the current line-up, i think they would like to be recognised alone for their acoplishements with the band (i.e new material), and would feel uneasy fronting somehting that haed nothing to do with them.....

bring to a personal level. if I spent a lot of time on something, and was very proud of it. I would be pissed off is someone passed it off as their own work, or made it appear that they had some great involvement.

Not that i think the new band want to be associated with the old songs. I dont think they have a say so, and im not sure how much of a say axl would have. i think it would come down to the record comapnay and there would be some long drawn out legal wrangle (not that we wouldn't be used to that)............

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2008, 07:25:05 PM »

Roll Eyes

Jarmo,
     All i know is, if I am ever in trouble with the law, I want you as my attorney. You can spin and pick just the right words to always seem to look right. But even you have to admit, You cant have a game featuring songs like SCOM, and put guys on the box who have nothing at all to do with it. I dont care who "owns" the name, The new band has nothing to do with that song, PERIOD! If you paint a picture that is very popular, and sell the rights to it to me, does that mean I created it? Axl can "buy" all the rights to the songs he wants, but at the end of the day Slash is still and always will be part of that song. I never understood why it is a crime to like the new band, but respect and like the old guys as well? When we go see the new band, 95% of the music we hear and love came from the old band! Why cant we just like both and acknowledge that one would not be here without the other?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #211 on: March 07, 2008, 07:34:47 PM »

Hello? You don't have to put anybody's pic on the fucking box.

IF this dream of yours were to come true, they could put the band's name and a logo on it.

Nobody's taking anything away from the old band here. It's just fucking common sense.

Axl owns the name. So if a game company wants to use the GN'R name in a game, they better ask him for permission.

And if their idea is to have a picture of Slash on the cover, do you think it'd happen? Come on....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #212 on: March 07, 2008, 07:55:35 PM »

Hello? You don't have to put anybody's pic on the fucking box.

IF this dream of yours were to come true, they could put the band's name and a logo on it.

Nobody's taking anything away from the old band here. It's just fucking common sense.

Axl owns the name. So if a game company wants to use the GN'R name in a game, they better ask him for permission.

And if their idea is to have a picture of Slash on the cover, do you think it'd happen? Come on....

/jarmo

I dont think the guitar hero gnr will happen,
well at least not now

Axls not going to want a gnr guitar hero to come out , Especially before chinese democracy does,
after all It might take some of the shine away from the new band, And seeing how Axl didnt want the greatest hits to come out
I very much he will want this to come out
Id rather cd to come out first and Ill bet that it does

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #213 on: March 07, 2008, 09:05:09 PM »

IF GH GN'R DOES come out, I doubt it would be any sooner than right before X-Mas...but probably later (perhaps around this time next year). With GH Aerosmith coming out in June, I doubt they'd release another one so soon after.

That said...there's plenty of time for America's Most Wanted album to be released before a GH GN'R.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #214 on: November 24, 2008, 01:01:01 PM »

It would  be nice with different gh games featuring GnR, An Apetite/Lies-game , an Illusion/Spagetthi-game and a Chinese-game with all the games featuring charachters from each era drool

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #215 on: November 24, 2008, 01:06:39 PM »

Fuck all this. Release Chinese Democracy as a complete album on Rock Band 2 NOW!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
14years
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: November 24, 2008, 01:08:54 PM »

considering Shackler's Revenge made it to Rock Band, I would imagine that we'll see a couple of songs added to Rock Band before too long.

I would imagine a DLC track pack including: Chinese Democracy, There Was A Time and Better??  drool

As a player of Rock band i know they're going to have released 500 tracks by the end of the year and that there is about 100 left to go! The Killers are out tomorrow and a No Doubt track pack is due.

How great would it be to get a Chinese Democracy track pack/ all the album on RB for Christmas!!  beer
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #217 on: November 24, 2008, 01:12:58 PM »

It would be sweet to have it on GH... but it's a stretch

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #218 on: November 24, 2008, 01:29:50 PM »

Fuck all this. Release Chinese Democracy as a complete album on Rock Band 2 NOW!

I was thinking about how cool this would be on my way into work this morning.;

And then....it hit me:  There would be at least one song that might not translate too well..namely, This I love.

No guitar or bass, except for the solos.  Drums and vocals, really, only.  I'm not sure that would go over well in RB.

The rest of it, I think, would work pretty well.  I'd LOVE to play IRS!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #219 on: November 24, 2008, 02:03:23 PM »

I was thinking about how cool this would be on my way into work this morning.;

And then....it hit me:  There would be at least one song that might not translate too well..namely, This I love.

No guitar or bass, except for the solos.  Drums and vocals, really, only.  I'm not sure that would go over well in RB.

The rest of it, I think, would work pretty well.  I'd LOVE to play IRS!

That is a good point but, in the game there are challenges during the tour, and the challenges seperate that rely on either just a specific instrument, or singing. It could a be a good vocal song for a singing challenge. Playing that solo would be cool though. One time I was playing RB2 and going through the tour and there were 2 instrument challenge came up and it was guitar and singing. I couldn't do it because it was just me. I guess I could have taken it online but, that would be a different mode. Eh, I don't know. You know how it gives a rating per instrument for each song? So you know how hard the song will be for each respective instrument?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: