Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:02:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is it possible.....
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it possible.....  (Read 42993 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #240 on: May 07, 2008, 06:06:48 PM »

Lets just pray this doesnt somehow spill into court

We would then be fucked.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #241 on: May 07, 2008, 06:09:21 PM »

Nobody credible...well Classic Rock is a pretty well respected magazine, i dont see any reason for them to lie...but whatever you wanna think

That's funny.

I'm sorry, but just because a magazine prints it, doesn't make it the truth.

That so called respected magazine has been milking Axl's name for years.

As I said nobody credible.

How do you explain your statement that Beta had said the album was handed in? Did you get that all wrong?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #242 on: May 07, 2008, 06:26:52 PM »

Nobody credible...well Classic Rock is a pretty well respected magazine, i dont see any reason for them to lie...but whatever you wanna think

That's funny.

How do you explain your statement that Beta had said the album was handed in? Did you get that all wrong?

/jarmo

actually the quote from Beta in the magazine says

"The album was finished before christmas, but everyone knows that, we're in negotiations now with the record company."

so sorry i misconstrued it, its been a while since i read the article...still i dont know what your big beef is with the mag...if Beta was willing to talk to them they cant be all that bad  hihi

so could this be a case of the label not wanting to talk until the album is handed over? and Axl not wanting to hand over the album until the negotiations are done? so basically its a stalemate and nobody is saying shit to each other? that would jive with what i heard from someone in contact with Universal Music, and it would also jive with the "The ball is in the Record Company's court" comment from whoever said that...mysteron, del, beta? someone said it ... i remember hihi

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #243 on: May 07, 2008, 06:36:52 PM »

so sorry i misconstrued it, its been a while since i read the article...

Glad you got that cleared up.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #244 on: May 07, 2008, 09:07:56 PM »

That's funny.

/jarmo

actually the quote from Beta in the magazine says

"The album was finished before christmas, but everyone knows that, we're in negotiations now with the record company."

so sorry i misconstrued it, its been a while since i read the article...still i dont know what your big beef is with the mag...if Beta was willing to talk to them they cant be all that bad  hihi

so could this be a case of the label not wanting to talk until the album is handed over? and Axl not wanting to hand over the album until the negotiations are done? so basically its a stalemate and nobody is saying shit to each other? that would jive with what i heard from someone in contact with Universal Music, and it would also jive with the "The ball is in the Record Company's court" comment from whoever said that...mysteron, del, beta? someone said it ... i remember hihi

Friend... You Know The Magic Word:

- S O O N -

rofl rofl rofl

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #245 on: May 08, 2008, 09:00:29 AM »

From what I've read (not profess) there are about thirty songs. So there might be three cd's released at different time periods.
My guess is that these negotiations are again about control and how Axl's record company wants to control it and Axl's way of controlling it. Plus these negotiations involve a tour. (That's if there's going to be a tour.) Personally I think Axl is very wise in taking his sweet time and dealing with the record company. We all know that most of the money in the sales of  these cd's are going to the record companies pocket. I understand that now the record companies are also cutting themselves on the touring and merchandising of bands. This is usually were the band makes their profit. Ahh yes. The ugly side of the music business is certainly no bed of roses!!!!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #246 on: May 08, 2008, 10:07:38 AM »

There is a lot to think about in structuring deals between big artists and the industry these days.  For GN'R this is especially true considering the money invested and hype surrounding CD.  Seems like most big deals today, like the ones involving Live Nation, in addition to getting a piece of touring, merchandise, etc. have multiple ways of distributing the music in order to maximize profits.  The days of selling out by licensing your music to be used in commericals, etc. are in large part over.  Axl is likely going to be very particular about how his music is distributed and licensed, as he has always been very protective of his work.  And I certainly can't blame him.  But with new management in tow, things should work out one hopes without threats of litigation or anything like that. 

However, whats most curious to me is how back in Dec. 2006, Axl thought that it would be very possible to turn in CD by January and have it released by March.  Knowing the complications of the business, there has to have been a long stalemate for some time between Axl and the record company.  I mean, certainly they have not been working fulltime on negotiations for the past 16 months.  My guess is that the two sides refused to come together until certain things could be agreed upon, and whatever those certain things are were not negotiated, therefore leading to the waiting game.  And Axl being Axl has likely been somewhat complacement in laying low for awhile as he has done over the years.  Thats his life and his right to do so. 

But we've gotten a few messages as of late that indicate that the wheels are in motion again.  I for one do not thing Axl would have responded to the Dr. Pepper thing if he didn't anticipate being able to release CD by years end.  So there is plenty to be optimistic about.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:10:07 AM by 14 Yrs Of Silence » Logged

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #247 on: May 08, 2008, 11:53:50 AM »

One would have to think Digital Rights has to be the major point considering there were no such thing when Axl signed that contract.

that's likely.. that contract what was said in it? 3 records or something? can't remember
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: