Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:56:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227891 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Jim Barber (a&r for Geffen) on Chinese in 98-99
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jim Barber (a&r for Geffen) on Chinese in 98-99  (Read 23410 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2005, 04:26:37 PM »

My life does not depend on this album coming out.?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... dude come on, be real.? You are on here constantly, and like some one else mentioned discussing what kinds of songs will be played on the tour.? You defend everything Axl does (like with the Brian Wilson argument).? I sometimes wonder if you would go to the extra lengths you have here to defend your own family.?

Lets see I am a fan of Axl and guns n roses and I come here to talk about the band. I don?t come here to hear people complain about how they hate him or think the album is taking too long. If you really think that why are you even here?  Like I have said before Trent and Maynard take forever between albums also but you don't hear their fans bitching about it. Oh and don?t tell me that Trent does remix albums because if Axl ever released a remixed AFD with the new band you would be asking for his head.

The fact is with some of you no matter what Axl does it?s the wrong thing. If he doesn?t talk about the album or the old members i.e. the lawsuit you bitch he never speaks. If he gives a statement the album is almost ready but he is still tweaking you complain, he didn?t give any new info. If he talks bad about the old members like they do to him you bitch about that too. So the fact is whatever Axl does its always wrong for some of you. I just find it funny some of you throw a fit over this. Its like if you are tired of waiting, whats keeping you here? Why are you still waiting?

If I started bashing slash or duff or weiland on the VR side of the board like some of you on this board with Axl, you would be all crying for me to stop posting there because all I do is bash them.

I think vs. music sucks and is very medorice but you don?t constantly see me over their saying that and always crying why cant they make a good album now do you?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:31:19 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2005, 04:30:57 PM »

dave no one ever said they hated axl rose.. It's almost like anyone who sees the reality of the situtation is some kind of hater.. It's just a matter of saying hey we are fans stop jerking us around and deliver something already.. We have been teased and been loyal to say the least and a few words is what most of us had asked for to let us know what was up.. There comes a time to either shit or get off the pot.. No other group would keep their fans in the dark like this and treat their band mates the same too..

Did he mentioned cd in 1999 along with omg, did he say see you next summer with new songs, did he say round 1, did he say time to wrap this baby up?? he has given alot of info and details but never delivers so expect fans to be pissed.. Wha the fuck else do we come here for.. SOme of us have lived gnr already so the new stuff is what we would like..
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2005, 04:32:53 PM »

My life does not depend on this album coming out. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... dude come on, be real.  You are on here constantly, and like some one else mentioned discussing what kinds of songs will be played on the tour.  You defend everything Axl does (like with the Brian Wilson argument).  I sometimes wonder if you would go to the extra lengths you have here to defend your own family. 

Lets see I am a fan of Axl and guns n roses and I come here to talk about the band. I dont come here to hear people complain about how they hate him or think the album is taking too long. If  you really think that why are you even here?  Like I have said before Trent and Maynard take forever between albums also but you don't hear their fans bitching about it. Oh and dont tell me that Trent does remix albums because if Axl ever released a remixed AFD with the new band you would be asking for his head.

Dude what the hell are you talking about.  I know of 3 of my good friends who complained about how long it took NIN to release a new album.  Just because YOU dont visit NIN message boards and read what people have to say or you dont talk to your friends about NIN does not mean the frustration isnt out there. 

Hahahahaha Axl would not release a remix buddy!  He plays rock and roll, and you know what, if he released a remix industrial album DAMN RIGHT I would be calling for his head.  Haha, imagine SCOM being backed by the beat for Terrible Lie. 

If you truly 'accept' how Axl is, then why do you still need to defend him?  If you do not care, then you should let us peons bicker amongst ourselves.  But you cant do that.  Dave, Axl is not going to say a future show "I want to thank all the fans that stuck with us through the past years.... especially Dave at Here Today Gone To Hell.  You were my inspiration for completing this album.  Thanks man, I want to meet you and become your best friend."  Let it go.  Let all of us who aren't up to your intellectual level to complain and argue. 
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2005, 04:34:04 PM »

dave no one ever said they hated axl rose.. It's almost like anyone who sees the reality of the situtation is some kind of hater.. It's just a matter of saying hey we are fans stop jerking us around and deliver something already.. We have been teased and been loyal to say the least and a few words is what most of us had asked for to let us know what was up.. There comes a time to either shit or get off the pot.. No other group would keep their fans in the dark like this and treat their band mates the same too..

Did he mentioned cd in 1999 along with omg, did he say see you next summer with new songs, did he say round 1, did he say time to wrap this baby up?? he has given alot of info and details but never delivers so expect fans to be pissed.. Wha the fuck else do we come here for.. SOme of us have lived gnr already so the new stuff is what we would like..

If Axl released a whole album of songs like oh my god, you would curse axl til the day he died. ?Some people would not mind but axl realized it might not be a good idea so he started over again. Nothing wrong with that.

As for the 2002 thing, I think if BH never left the album would have been released. They were all set to play rio, and I am sure they would have played new songs at that show.

You just ?need to accept Axl for who he is since if you have been a fan as long as most of us, then you know how he is and just deal with it. Its that simple.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2005, 04:35:40 PM »

Dave, do you really believe the Brian May comments? If you think May heard 3 albums with vocals, then you are as crazy as he is. Its an obvious lie. Several different people have stated that there wasn't vocals at that time. Brian May was just asked about Axl and GNR, so of course he's gonna say something nice about Axl and hype an album that needed less hype instead of more. Dave, I think you have to force yourself to believe some of the comments you make. We've had this same debate before, and its an unwinnable debate on your part. Too many people have contradicted these finished vocals on 3 albums statements you like to bring up. You just want to believe its true. Hell, I also felt the same. I figured the album(or albums) were finished in 1998-2000. I was wrong. Dave, as time goes on, I think you will finally see the light. It hurts. It'll take your eyes awhile to adjust to it. hihi What's it gonna take for you to believe the truth?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2005, 04:40:22 PM »

You just  need to accept Axl for who he is since if you have been a fan as long as most of us, then you know how he is and just deal with it. Its that simple.
I do accept axl.. I would not have waited for anyone else in the music business like I have for him.. But lets say waiting is one thing and rediculous is another.. We're on the later part now

As for the 2002 thing, I think if BH never left the album would have been released. They were all set to play rio, and I am sure they would have played new songs at that show.

Maybe maybe not.. everyone feels different about this situation when it happened.. I knew they had about 2 months to go before this happened and one show they could have played it.. They never got new band members to fill his spot so that was the group you were going to get then or now.. You can also say the delays of cd is the cause of BH leaving, so....

If Axl released a whole album of songs like oh my god, you would curse axl til the day he died.  Some people would not mind but axl realized it might not be a good idea so he started over again. Nothing wrong with that.

You have to understand that if he released music at a decent pace even if I personaly didn't like that one there would be others to follow.. He's not sitting around caring if I liked that album.. if he had/s 3 albums worth of material it would be diverse so therwe would be likes n dislikes.. Just don't say well be glad it didn't come out because I wouldn't like it
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2005, 04:42:07 PM »

My life does not depend on this album coming out.?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... dude come on, be real.? You are on here constantly, and like some one else mentioned discussing what kinds of songs will be played on the tour.? You defend everything Axl does (like with the Brian Wilson argument).? I sometimes wonder if you would go to the extra lengths you have here to defend your own family.?

Lets see I am a fan of Axl and guns n roses and I come here to talk about the band. I dont come here to hear people complain about how they hate him or think the album is taking too long. If? you really think that why are you even here?? Like I have said before Trent and Maynard take forever between albums also but you don't hear their fans bitching about it. Oh and dont tell me that Trent does remix albums because if Axl ever released a remixed AFD with the new band you would be asking for his head.

Dude what the hell are you talking about.? I know of 3 of my good friends who complained about how long it took NIN to release a new album.? Just because YOU dont visit NIN message boards and read what people have to say or you dont talk to your friends about NIN does not mean the frustration isnt out there.?

Hahahahaha Axl would not release a remix buddy!? He plays rock and roll, and you know what, if he released a remix industrial album DAMN RIGHT I would be calling for his head.? Haha, imagine SCOM being backed by the beat for Terrible Lie.?

If you truly 'accept' how Axl is, then why do you still need to defend him?? If you do not care, then you should let us peons bicker amongst ourselves.? But you cant do that.? Dave, Axl is not going to say a future show "I want to thank all the fans that stuck with us through the past years.... especially Dave at Here Today Gone To Hell.? You were my inspiration for completing this album.? Thanks man, I want to meet you and become your best friend."? Let it go.? Let all of us who aren't up to your intellectual level to complain and argue.?

I used to always go to NIN sites, message boards and chat rooms but after the fragile I gave up on Trent since it sucked. I even bought their last album hoping it would be good but it was not. ?As for Axl saying anything to me, I love hope people like you try and claim this. ?It?s a really poor attempt at wit and a failed one also. ?

As for me defending him, I am just pointing things out to the misinformed which a lot of the bashers here seem to be misinformed a lot of the time. It also gets old when the same usual suspects bring up the same things week after week. Its like you really should get some new material for a change.

Also I find it funny that when ever I posted about how MEH contraband really was, you guys bitched at me yet defending slash and duff is ok but low and behold if someone defends Axl they expect a post card from him.

Typical thinking of people like you.

The funny thing I find most about what Jim said was, it was pretty postitive what he had to say about the music part of the songs they were working on in 1999 but people like you turn that around and find a reason to bash axl because the vocals were not layered on the songs yet. Way to go to turn a postive thing into a lets bash Axl thread.
 ok

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2005, 04:45:53 PM »

Enough of the whining about Axl not releasing anything. Don't you ever get tired of repeating the same thing over and over and over again?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2005, 04:46:52 PM »

If I started bashing slash or duff or weiland on the VR side of the board like some of you on this board with Axl, you would be all crying for me to stop posting there because all I do is bash them.

I think vs. music sucks and is very medorice but you don?t constantly see me over their saying that and always crying why cant they make a good album now do you?

if that's how you feel then that's great dude.. if you hated contraband then that is your opinion.. I bet if axl did ygnr or slither you might love it j/k dude..

I am a gnr fan so I follow gnr this is what I want.. I maybe dislike 6 songs from the entire gnr catalog so I'm not some hater, I am just an annoyed devoted fan who is not some teen in that clouad anymore.. I use to sit there and defend axl tooth n nail, pics all over my walls.. When you are a fanatic you don't see clear nad you deffend past the point of sanity.. Start convincing yourself of things even joing forums looking for people like yourself.. A lot of people are still in the clouds and some of us are just realistic..

We all want the same thing CD but some of see clearer then others..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2005, 04:49:01 PM »

Enough of the whining about Axl not releasing anything. Don't you ever get tired of repeating the same thing over and over and over again?

/jarmo
yeah I mean imagine a gnr forum with new music..

lets all be phonies and like it's wonderful

how about the people quoting the same bullshit and using the same excuses over n over, does that ever get boring.. 3 albums of material in 2000 but no albums yet in 2005 Cheesy
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2005, 04:51:41 PM »

yeah but those excuses as you call them would not be brought up if people would still not complain about the album not being out yet.

/jarmo

how about the people quoting the same bullshit and using the same excuses over n over, does that ever get boring.. 3 albums of material in 2000 but no albums yet in 2005 Cheesy

If people would not keep bring up there is still no album which we all know then there would not be any no so called excuses right?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:53:16 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2005, 04:56:12 PM »

yeah but those excuses as you call them would not be brought up if people would still not complain about the album not being out yet.

/jarmo

If people would not keep bring up there is still no album which we all know then there would not be any no so called excuses right?

I understand but you have to at least understadn that some of us are here only for the album.. I am not here to play gnr trivia or search for bootlegs or trade things.. I am not here to talk about songs I have really talked about a lot already adn voiced my opinions on.. I just want the album as does everyone but my attention is geared mostly on that one specific..

I am about going to shows, hearing singles and checking out new videos.. That's me.. I get pissed when I hear the members giving very shady interviews and shit like that.. I rather be treated like a fan from the people we follow.. ok

Also I rather see axl before he's fucking ancient and before some band mate decides he's had enough..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2005, 04:58:28 PM »

Until the album comes out, there will be realistic comments on one side and excuses on the other. Which should be soon since there's 3 albums with vocals ready to go! hihi

BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2005, 05:55:44 PM »

As my first post, I must agree 100% with everything gnfnr2k has to say. None of us should complain about Axl. We should just accept him for who he is. If Axl decides to leave his band and his fans in the cold by not showing up to a concert (like in Philly), and not give the fans any response or any reason why he failed to show than tough luck! The fans who ended up sitting for hours only to be told to go home should not bitch! They should just accept it and not ask questions. If Axl decides he wants to beat up his wife and girlfriend then tough for them. They should just accept Axl for being Axl and stop bitching about getting hit. Hell, if they didn't bitch so much Axl probably wouldn't hit them in the first place. Stupid bitches. I LOVE YOU AXL!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2005, 06:06:22 PM »

Stuff like this makes me sick but at least people think the music was/is good.

The Robin Finck/Josh Freese/Tommy Stinson/Billy Howerdel/Dizzy Reed version of the album that existed in 1998 was pretty incredible. It still sounded like GNR but there were elements of Zeppelin, Nine Inch Nails and Pink Floyd mixed in. If Axl had recorded vocals, it would have been an absolutely contemporary record in 1999.

Stuff like this makes me drool

And now it must be even more incredible with BH  Brain and Chris pitman.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2005, 06:57:36 PM »

I understand but you have to at least understadn that some of us are here only for the album..

Well then, please come back when the album is out and you have something new to speak about instead of "it's not out yet  crying ".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2005, 08:00:52 PM »

Why don't the people who are here 'just' for the album 'just' check the website, as soon as details on it coming out are released the news will be on the frontpage of the site for you all to read....discussing it is just...well pointless...especially since there the same whiny discussions ones which have been around for years.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2005, 09:00:07 PM »

We all want the same thing CD but some of see clearer then others..

We all want the same thing: CD
But some of can see things in ways which some don't
It's called faith dude. ?Wink
Fans like Dave, whose posts in this thread were fuckin amazin' btw ok and myself have faith in Axl and the new version of GN'R. ?Just like he said, we ACCEPT things as they are... or aren't ?- ?what sense is it to get frustrated over a situation which not only can you do nothing about, but which you know nothing about? ?In the absence of such knowledge your choices are faith or doubt. ?Belief or cynacism. ?Hope or despair. Positivity or negativity. Cheers or jeers.
The choice is clear. Anyone who can't see that isn't seeing clearly. ? Wink

Cool to hear that the matieral was so strong. ?All the great things we hear about the work that's been going into the making of this album, is promising for the eventual product. ? ok
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2005, 09:05:09 PM »

As my first post, I must agree 100% with everything gnfnr2k has to say. None of us should complain about Axl. We should just accept him for who he is. If Axl decides to leave his band and his fans in the cold by not showing up to a concert (like in Philly), and not give the fans any response or any reason why he failed to show than tough luck! The fans who ended up sitting for hours only to be told to go home should not bitch! They should just accept it and not ask questions. If Axl decides he wants to beat up his wife and girlfriend then tough for them. They should just accept Axl for being Axl and stop bitching about getting hit. Hell, if they didn't bitch so much Axl probably wouldn't hit them in the first place. Stupid bitches. I LOVE YOU AXL!

complain about the album being out if thats what floats your boat.  just don't get pissy when others say what they have to say about it. 

and WTF does any of that BS you posted about have to do with the album  Roll Eyes
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2005, 09:07:15 PM »

It's called faith dude. ?Wink
The choice is clear. Anyone who can't see that isn't seeing clearly. ? Wink

One can be a cynic but still have the F word...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: