Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:36:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Does axl even want fans anymore?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does axl even want fans anymore?  (Read 8017 times)
yupyup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: June 25, 2006, 08:39:03 PM »

I was watching RIR and Axl started doing this obnoxious thing about "why isn't axl talking about a bunch of stuff" mocking I guess fan postings online. Why is he so offended by his fans being intrested  in what he has to say or when he's going to put an album out?

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 08:41:29 PM »

Slightly agree with the sentiments but in his own way, Axl does this for the fans. Hes got enough money to live tight for the rest of his life but he slaves out live and in the studio for us.

I think the whole vicious world of fame has turned Axl this way. Mostly because Im listening to a bunch of rants from 1992 now and he really sounds like a guy crying out.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 08:45:30 PM by Tomorrows » Logged
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 08:44:45 PM »

I was watching RIR and Axl started doing this obnoxious thing about "why isn't axl talking about a bunch of stuff" mocking I guess fan postings online. Why is he so offended by his fans being intrested? in what he has to say or when he's going to put an album out?

You assume that he was talking about "the fans". He could be talking about people who act like fans but are really nothing but haters. Are maybe someone in the press who wrote in a review that axl wasnt talking much in between songs.
yupyup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 08:50:48 PM »

I was watching RIR and Axl started doing this obnoxious thing about "why isn't axl talking about a bunch of stuff" mocking I guess fan postings online. Why is he so offended by his fans being intrested? in what he has to say or when he's going to put an album out?

You assume that he was talking about "the fans". He could be talking about people who act like fans but are really nothing but haters. Are maybe someone in the press who wrote in a review that axl wasnt talking much in between songs.

It's a pretty generic question though. ALL of us fans are intrested in what Axl has to say...especially as it relates to the music. Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't see that review, maybe it was about that.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 09:00:14 PM »

He's currently living up to his principle on letting the music do the talking. When the album drops, I expect him doing some in-depth interviews again, though.

As for the absence of rants, I figure he's tired of people analyzing them to death and often taking them out of context.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 09:02:07 PM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 09:07:16 PM »

Yes, I'm pretty sure he still wants fans.  He knows that the faithful fans will stick with him no matter what he says, or doesn't say for that matter.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pebbles
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 09:12:32 PM »

I believe he wants fans, oh his terms of course.
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 09:20:29 PM »

He needs fans, it's the fans that go see his concerts, it's the fans that buy his albums (if they ever come out, lol).  I think he feeds off the energy of his fans.

cybercurves
Taylor Hicks
Banned
Opening Act

Taylor Hicks is your next American Idol

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 09:24:11 PM »

coz he is an asshole.... hes always bit the hand that feeds him...
AUSTRALIAN_TSUNAMI
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 09:29:08 PM »

i think he's having a go at the haters! so many haters........so little room! 
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 09:33:02 PM »

the way i see it is he is making fun of how he can never do right, no matter what he says it gets put under a microscope. Some of which has happened in this topic.
yupyup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 09:55:28 PM »

the way i see it is he is making fun of how he can never do right, no matter what he says it gets put under a microscope. Some of which has happened in this topic.

The less he says the more speculation occurs.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 10:08:29 PM »

I don't think he wants fans. Not one. Isn't this a dumb question.

yupyup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 10:12:09 PM »

I don't think he wants fans. Not one. Isn't this a dumb question.

No it's not in context.
heinous
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2006, 10:13:46 PM »

Fans are nice but when it comes to W. Axl Rose, he'll take the music over fans every time.  And I personally respect that.
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 12:06:10 AM »

Axl is Axl he is one unique fscker.  smoking

He will have fans no matter what... he knows it you all know it.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 12:09:01 AM »

if i were axl i just wouldnt want stupid fans that question whether or not he wants fans.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 03:44:59 AM »

I think to a degree he is being an ASS..... he is touring big countries to big audiences and his album is  "coming out" rio is watched by millions, why isn't axl pushing the album ,saying this is a new song we wrote ,maybe a little something behind the song and say this will be our first single or even if not say the single, how about saying fall is the way we're going.. Anything the man is touring for the second time with no album and no info
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 08:48:21 AM »

i think he's having a go at the haters! so many haters........so little room!?

Well, if he didnt act like such a dick in so many ways then he probably wouldnt have many haters.

Only got himself to blame.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 11:29:07 AM »

Maybe he has mellowed with age and has little to rant about.  OR maybe he is so out of breath all the time that he physically can't rant lol.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: