Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:33:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The reason we're waiting....
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The reason we're waiting....  (Read 43601 times)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2007, 07:09:33 AM »

Jarmo, I'm not the one taking it personal. If you're going to ban someone for using the term Axlite, even in a general sense, then that is a far cry from how this place used to be. Its not the posters who've changed. That was what I was pointing out; compare Communist China's posts in this thread with warchilds and eazyduzits and look who gets called out by a mod.

I have no motives other than voicing my opinion, and sticking up for people who do as well when they're being ganged up on and called haters or whiners and not real fans. Since we're not allowed to mention these posters in any negative light whatsoever, that fact pretty much sums it up. It's not about not supporting the band, I do and so do others. And I understand there are shit staters, but that's no excuse to let "supporters" treat others like shit, and nothing gets said to them. We are all fans here... Well, most of us hihi

And please, show me where I've bashed the band. I've said over and over I support them, but I'm not going to believe everything they say. That's MY choice and MY opinion. And I have pointed out the reasons several times, imo, in a very rational way. It doesn't mean I hate the band, and I have no motives to undermine the band.

floppyfish27 - Your post is completely assanine. And I'm really impressed that you know so much about me through a few of my posts on a message board. ok
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 07:19:41 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2007, 07:32:33 AM »

Ganged up on?

Well, if you knew that this place is a place where people who support the band, and you didn't, maybe that'll happen.

I still think saying the band has done nothing right since 2001 is disrespectful and bashing.

By saying that, you're not even criticizing the reason we're fans in the first place, the music, you're criticizing something else.

You also say you hate people around the band, that's also personal and nothing to do with the music.

Maybe you should stick to discussing the music since you're so filled with hate regarding everything else concerning GN'R?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2007, 07:46:28 AM »

I'm not filled with hate at all, maybe I should have said I "can't stand" them instead, since hate is a strong word. I don't hate Del James, I just can't stand him, for example.

Again, I'm not talking about shit starters getting ganged up on, I'm talking about a fan voicing their opinion on a subject and getting bum rushed by a bunch of immature shit talkers with a hard on for Axl, and not only are they not told to stop, they get defended for it. I don't understand that.

I think even Axl would agree a lot of things haven't been handled right since 2001.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 07:49:46 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2007, 08:29:36 AM »

I'm not filled with hate at all, maybe I should have said I "can't stand" them instead, since hate is a strong word. I don't hate Del James, I just can't stand him, for example.

Interesting.

Any particular reason?

Again, I'm not talking about shit starters getting ganged up on, I'm talking about a fan voicing their opinion on a subject and getting bum rushed by a bunch of immature shit talkers with a hard on for Axl, and not only are they not told to stop, they get defended for it. I don't understand that.

It goes both ways.

I think even Axl would agree a lot of things haven't been handled right since 2001.

And when he says so, guess what happens?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2007, 08:56:51 AM »

The best thing about the new album will be the threads won't degenerate into stuff like this and we'll all be able to talk about the studio versions of the songs along with comment from band members regarding the musical/studio future of this line-up.

This whole idea of what is and is not a fan is completely out of hand around here. It seems that if you are not in direct lock step with the propaganda pushed by the band and those associated with advancing their agenda it means that you are some how not a fan.

Saying that you aren't a fan because you disagree with the way GNR and it's management have handled matters for the past 5-8 years is like saying that I can't be a Republican anymore because I think the President and those surrounding him and giving him his advice have proven to be incompetent. It is simply not the case.

If we applied the GNR fan rational provided by many around here it would mean I am disloyal to the party and no longer a Republican because I have not taken the President for his word every single time for the past 7 years because "I don't know what he knows and plans change", even though there are a billion instances in which the explanations offered by The Whitehouse for his actions and the course of events have been proven not accurate and misleading.

We all need to take a deep breath around here and realize that the crux of the problem everyone seems to have with the band has nothing to do with the music, but everything to do with administrative BS. Disagreeing with the way they run the ship doesn't mean you aren't a fan of the music. Just as thinking the President has done an awful job of presenting and carrying out the message of conservatism doesn't make me any less a Republican.

All it means is as a member of any party or fan base you can disagree with the method of operation while still being whole heartedly behind the message. I think that even the biggest rubber-stamp "fans" can agree that the band's handlers have done a very poor job of orchestrating the band's return to the public over the past 5 years. When you look at what they were once able to accomplish, and then what they have struggled to accomplish recently, in no way can the situation be looked at as a success.

The schism in the board ?has occurred in the last year though when it was proclaimed that being a fan of the music the band makes it imperative you agree with and don't question the administrative function of presenting the band and its music to the people. Certain people on the board refuse to realize there is a tremendous difference in being a fan of the music, and being a fan of the band's management team and administrative staff. So when it is declared that the management or administrative staff have proven to be somewhat incompetent, it is turned into a "you hate the band, get out of here" call to arms.

I would like some sort of clarification as to how anyone on this board who is a fan of the music is not considered a true "fan" because they think that the business side of things is run poorly. We ultimately are here because of the music, which in turn makes us fans. But just like members of a political party, we have wildly different ideas on how to best present our message to the masses.

So the true question is is a fan considered someone who buys into the music/ideology of a movement, or the function in which it is carried out? Seems to me there are alot of very confused and short sighted people on the board right now. Being a fan of the bands music, and thinking the management of the bands affairs is awfully poor are not mutually exlclusive things. Being a fan of the music but not the way management handles the affairs does not preclude one from being a fan of the band, as they can happen concurrently. Somehow that message has been lost or distorted around here over time.

these two posts are fucking fantastic!!!! ok

Michaelangelo didn't want to paint the Sistine Chapel

Really? I hear during the work he himself went around searching for founds.

I'm guessing chinese democracy took long because it is frigging huge, rather than because of artistic block.

Good example hellhole.

actually didn't michaelangelo paint the sistine chapel by himself with no help cuz he felt nobody else but him could do a proper job of it?

Another brilliant post. It's pretty funny how the only well thought-out and intelligent posts around here are written by Axl supporters. For all you worthless piece of shit haters who talk about how Axl is too "insecure" to release the album, fuck off, the band doesn't need your support.

now we have people telling us who can and can't be a fan of GnR...nice of you to decide for axl who is deserving of being a fan of his band Roll Eyes

Gn'R can't pull of a double album.

They aren't on the same popularity level as the Chili Peppers no more.

i dunno if they can't pull it off, but if the rumor of their contract consisting of 3 studio albums is true then why would they release more than they have to? IF they do owe threa albums we'll see 3 albums then the contract will be renegotiaited...besides let them get one out first and see what the reception is like before trying something so grand as a double album or even a followup...let alone 2 Undecided
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 09:12:25 AM by Neemo » Logged

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2007, 03:25:13 PM »

Well said Neemo-- too many people will say they hate how people interpret Axl's words and actions. That's somewhat justifiable, we don't Know what Axl thinks, then again that's why it's called speculation and not necessarily 'stupid spam'. But anyways, these people then turn around and declare who is and isn't a fan. That seems like a bigger act of arrogance to me. I don't think anyone should have any say in who is or isn't a fan. Jarmo can decide who is allowed to post on this site, but even he cannot truly say that someone is not a fan. Hell, Axl can't say that certain people aren't fans. It's internal.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: