Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  scott weiland wears hat with nazi symbol to represent "loss of democracy"
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: scott weiland wears hat with nazi symbol to represent "loss of democracy"  (Read 22132 times)
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2005, 10:50:43 PM »

Scott meant what he said.? He said that one can argue that America is ALREADY a police state.? He may not think that it is, but is working it's way there.? Remember, Soctt placed a journal entry on VR.com stating that he feels America is heading towards a restrictive police state. Frankly, anyone who takes political advice from someone who's a heroin feen and by default abnormal by his job, is a moron.? America is no police state and even though many liberals want speech laws to prevent anything they don't want from being said, you are free to say any political comment you so desire.? Who's ever uncle told them not to speak out aginst Bush in America is either not an American (thus would be talking out his ass) or some leftist radical (thus would be talking out his ass).? I like VR, but really don't care for Scott Weiland.? If Axl came out today and advocated Libertarian views, I wouldn't use that to push my own political agenda.? I don't listen to VR or any band or watch any movie because I agree with the artist's political views.? Anyone who does that is one stupid fucker and deserves a police state.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2005, 11:40:41 PM »

why all the controversy in june of 2005, he's been waering this same outfit since may of 2004.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2005, 11:53:52 PM »

They might support his right to wear the hat, but do they agree with his anti-american views?

Why is it anti-American?  hihi Because you don't like it?

To speak out, and claim what you don't like about your government, is the most patriotic thing you can do. It's Un-American to follow orders and look away as your government commits mass murder, ignores the Geneva Convention and condons secrecy and abuse in our prison in Cuba.?

All this crap about America locking up ppl for just saying stuff about our country is false.  MOST of the prisoners held at Guantanoma Bay are known terrorists who have made plans to kill U.S citizsens/supporters.

Back it up. There are people that have been held there for a couple of years and not been charged. The people who come forward to claim abuse, are often prisoners who were released. Released because they had nothing to charge them with.

Oh, and SLCPUNK-The Legend Of Clintron Burgundy , are you comparing the bombing of the Reichstag to the events of 9-11?  The German Congress bombing killed politicians whereas in 9-11, innocent ppl who were just at work wereattacked. 

Politicians are not innocent people?

You are telling me I'm fucked up? Undecided
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2005, 11:58:13 PM »

Any time I turn on the damn news, all I hear is whining about Bush is doing this and that wrong.  The only time i hear Bush support is when he is speaking live.

There is plenty of support for Bush in the media.

An example is the War in Iraq.  We only hear about how our casualty count of the day.  Well, what about the enemy?  how many of the enemy die for each one of our troops?

How many civilians? How many children?

Well, operation "insert goofy name" was a success but 3 soilders died".  Well, I think that in a way dishonors the memory of our troops.  Our troops are fighting for our freedom because they believe in it, not because they were forced to be sent over there. 

You wanna know what dishonors our troops?

Sending them to a bogus war against a country that did not attack us.

Not providing them with proper armour to protect themselves.

Not providing them with proper hummers/vehicles to protect themselves.

Not allowing their coffins to be shown on tv.

Bush not attending any of their funerals.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2005, 07:07:16 AM »

can people please remember the UK are also apart of this war. Luckily by me someone who went there came back alive the other day, but a few miles up and 2 families lost there sons.

html sucks
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2005, 12:55:26 PM »

Although I don't agree with most of Scott's political views, I do respect his right to make them public, as freedom of speech is very important.  I would personally like it if he would stop making everything so political, but obviously he has the right to do so if he wishes.  About the whole Nazi situation, I can see where Scott and others believe that America is becoming over-policed and perhaps too strict, and I agree to some extent with this belief.  But to compare America today with the Nazi's and Hitler is pretty ludicrous, regardless of that write-up by SLC.  As someone said earlier, that completely disrespects those six plus million people that were slaughtered by Hitler in WWII and prior.  You may disagree with the war, Bush's policies, etc, etc, which is fine, since Americans do not all believe in one thing.  But to radically compare it to Hitler and his fanatical regime of murder and torture is, in my opinion, extremely over the top.  I think it would be much easier to compare Saddam Hussein to Hitler, although even that is a bit of a stretch.  Again, Scott can say what he wants regardless of what I or anyone else thinks, but I just want to say that this comparison is rather ridiculous.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2005, 06:14:41 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland has slammed New York magazine for allegedly printing Weiland's "private" Blackberry message regarding his use of a Nazi SS hat onstage during the band's live performances.

As reported last week, Scott made the German branch of the band's label, Sony BMG Music, uneasy after executives there learned that Weiland had recently been wearing a Nazi SS hat onstage. According to New York magazine, a letter from the German office to the U.S. office read in part, "We absolutely don't want to interfere in how our artists dress (but) any kind of wearing/presenting Nazi symbols in public is strictly forbidden by law in Germany and can lead to getting arrested!"

Weiland responded in what he claims was a private message to his record label, "The Nazi SS hat that I wear in fact symbolizes the loss of democracy and the shift to totalitarianism...one could make an argument that indeed the government of the U.S. is evolving into, or is already, a fascist police state, hiding under the guise of a republic."

In his latest posting on the band's web site, Weiland reveals that he did not wear the Nazi SS hat onstage at the German shows "out of respect" for the group's fans and takes a few potshots at New York magazine for "attacking [his] personal integrity" and "invading [his] personal privacy":

"Out of respect for my German fans of all races and creeds, as well as those who might have been offended, and those who might have misunderstood the true meaning of the event that did not, in fact, take place, I did not wear the SS hat at the German shows. As for the writer from New York magazine ? thousands of miles away ? attacking my personal integrity by printing a private Blackberry message of mine, and the press invading my personal privacy to spin a web of deceit about me? Not an original concept, especially when being done with malice!

"Once again I have been very vocal with my opinions about policies. Music, theatrics, and their combined force can ultimately be much more powerful than empty promises or political jargon that's almost unlistenable and definitely unbelievable ? especially when spoken by politicians who's motives are self-seeking, yet whose arms are long reaching (all the way into the private sector). Dollars go in and body bags come out, and wounded men and women are sent back to America as heroes, but not quite the same as they were before; a leg missing, two legs missing, an arm gone, one man shot in the face, a morphine drip in the arm. But a thumbs up! That's all that some could give.

"Walter Reed Army Medical Center three weeks ago. Slash, my wife, and I, were there on our anniversary. We couldn't have prepared ourselves for what we saw: not the pain or the horror, but the courage... the honor. 'I declare this mission accomplished!' said our fearless 'leader'. It will never be over.

"I sent the original e-mail to people at my record label and to people at my management company. Someone mysteriously passed it off to you. Now you slandering me is the same as slandering my entire family! Are you trying to start a war with me?"

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2005, 04:28:12 AM »

I can see where Scott and others believe that America is becoming over-policed and perhaps too strict, and I agree to some extent with this belief.  But to compare America today with the Nazi's and Hitler is pretty ludicrous, regardless of that write-up by SLC.

There is no direct comparison to our standard of living, but rather the government and how it operates: secrecy, lies, torture, murder, war crimes, and stripping away our rights...etc etc.

As someone said earlier, that completely disrespects those six plus million people that were slaughtered by Hitler in WWII and prior.

That is propaganda talk there. It's under the same line of "You disagree with the war, so you don't support the troops." It's a slippery slope argument to make people shame themselves and get in line.

Bush has just started......he's not done yet. His government has acted in ways which parallel the Nazi regime.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2005, 04:30:38 AM »

Mother fucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call him what you want, but this guy speaks up, and speaks the truth!!

God bless you Scott!!!! You are a true American for speaking up!!!!

"Once again I have been very vocal with my opinions about policies. Music, theatrics, and their combined force can ultimately be much more powerful than empty promises or political jargon that's almost unlistenable and definitely unbelievable ? especially when spoken by politicians who's motives are self-seeking, yet whose arms are long reaching (all the way into the private sector). Dollars go in and body bags come out, and wounded men and women are sent back to America as heroes, but not quite the same as they were before; a leg missing, two legs missing, an arm gone, one man shot in the face, a morphine drip in the arm. But a thumbs up! That's all that some could give."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2005, 06:55:02 AM »

I watched fahrenheit 9/11, what really shocked me was some footage of these 2 soldiers normally chatting, there friend recirding the area, just focusing on them at that point in time. Then just like a click of fingers a bomb goes off right behind them and there all burnt and shit.

It really shocked me how those 2 guys doing nothing are suddenly tarkets of terrorist scum.

html sucks
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2005, 09:11:07 AM »

Who's ever uncle told them not to speak out aginst Bush in America is either not an American (thus would be talking out his ass) or some leftist radical (thus would be talking out his ass).?

I detect a little racism there.
No I am not American, but that does not stop me from coming up with a better argument of someone "talking out of their ass". However, my uncle had been living in America for over 20 years, so obviously he has some sort of experience of how the country works. And he said if I speak out about Bush in public, I could be held and charged with conspiracy against Bush and his little cronies. Thus being detained in a foreign country, and not being allowed home.
azazello
Opening Act

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2005, 02:37:20 AM »

Oh my...

Did Scott exaggarate regarding the factual differences and/or similarities betweeen the US and the Third Reich? Yes. Does this mean he's not right? No. And you know why? Because the WWII and the roots of it (Weimar...) have become the warning example of how democracies could fail and turn into horror - without its citizens realizing it. It has become a symbol (sometimes misused, true, but not here imo). So, Scott's comparison should not be taken literally either - because it's a warning that uses a strong, controversial symbol - supposed to raise attention. In this sense, he has achieved his goal I guess.

And you know what? I don't live in the US - but lately, I more than ever feel that I would never want to. And that is a change your beloved moron Bush n his branch brought along. 

Eh, and someone wrote how your troops are fighting overseas because they believe in freedom and they are willing to risk their lives for it. Call my cynical, but I'd like to add that perhaps most of them are lower class / immigrant young people, for whom the only way up seemed to be joining the army and than having the uni payed. And I think most of them really feels fucked now.

So, Go Scott!  peace

« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 02:40:12 AM by azazello » Logged
Velvet Forever
Headliner

GNR Here Today...I hope someday in Hell...

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2005, 01:34:54 PM »

Alright once again, when someone called "an artist" tries to talk about politic...what a dick. In France, someone called Dieudonn? also tried to talk about politic: the result was that he verbally attacked the jews and woke up antisemitism during a certain period of time in France. He also supported bin-laden and al-quaida and Islamism. That's what happens when so called "artists" try to think they are intelligent. Most of them are not, and certainely not in rock music wich is full of jerks. Let's face it, most of so called "artists" have no brain, I'm sure Scott has never read a book in his whole toxico life. He is just a junkie and an Axl wanabee. Too bad he doesn't succeed  get attention for his music instead of gettiing it by wearing Nazi symbols...
When he dies of drug overdose (very soon) it will be a good news. Someone should also recall him that SLASH is half-black half-jew.
If I were in VR, scott would already be unemployed: FIRED. No regrets. and as a present I would offer him 1kg of cocaine, just to "help" him to finish himself...
You're a genius!!
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2005, 10:55:23 PM »

I'm back ok

You wanna know what dishonors our troops?
Sending them to a bogus war against a country that did not attack us.
Not providing them with proper armour to protect themselves.
Not providing them with proper hummers/vehicles to protect themselves.
Not allowing their coffins to be shown on tv.
Bush not attending any of their funerals.

They volunteered their lives to help defend democracy .  Bogus War u say?  Saddam has been terrorizing the Iraqi people throughout his reign as leader.  We freed the Iraqi people from that madman and stopped him from supporting the terrorists.  Oh,and you know for sure thathe hasn't even been to 1 funeral?  Give me a break.

Politicians are not innocent people?

You are telling me I'm fucked up?

Politicians (judges/police/senators) know that when they take an oath, there lives are at a possible risk.  The ppl at the twin towers could not even expect terrorsits to attack them.  I'm saying they know what their in for.

There is no direct comparison to our standard of living, but rather the government and how it operates: secrecy, lies, torture, murder, war crimes, and stripping away our rights...etc etc.

You're fucking kidding me right?  Are you an american SLCPUNK?  Have you been in this country long enough to know common sense?  Enough with this "Bush is bad"crap, he does everything neccesary that the constitution has given him the power to.   
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2005, 11:13:16 PM »

To speak out, and claim what you don't like about your government, is the most patriotic thing you can do

Agreed. Wow, you sound like a normal humanbeing until....

It's Un-American to follow orders and look away as your government commits mass murder, ignores the Geneva Convention and condons secrecy and abuse in our prison in Cuba. 

You jackass.  Mass muder eh?  Yes, were killing only the innocent ppl of Iraq/Afghanistan.  There's no terrorists there at all.  Were on a fucking picnic killing for fun.  Have you any High School history education at the least?  There's this brand new thing out called the Internet, check out some of the history sites, you might learn something.

Bush has just started......he's not done yet. His government has acted in ways which parallel the Nazi regime.

OMG.  Im so sorry SLCPUNK, I didnt know you were Donald Rumsfield. 

hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2005, 11:23:21 PM »

ME:
  An example is the War in Iraq.  We only hear about how our casualty count of the day.  Well, what about the enemy?  how many of the enemy die for each one of our troops?

DUMBA..SRY SLCPUNK/Mr. Rumsfield  How many civilians? How many children?

Well, were just killing the civilains remember?  Our troops do the best they can.  Innocents die, it's war and unfourtunate.  I'm saying,all the news about the small amt. of troops dying is focused in the wrong direction.  How did they die? Did they sacrafice their life for anothers?  How many of the enemydid he kill/capture?  How's the news in other countries focus on troop death?  I'm just interested to see if you're (any country besides the U.S.)  news is as shitty as our is. 

I'm done for today.  Good night and God Bless the troops and all normal people  throughtout the world. ok

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2005, 11:49:15 PM »

They volunteered their lives to help defend democracy . Bogus War u say? Saddam has been terrorizing the Iraqi people throughout his reign as leader. We freed the Iraqi people from that madman and stopped him from supporting the terrorists. Oh,and you know for sure thathe hasn't even been to 1 funeral? Give me a break.

http://www.infocusmag.com/04october/teamparis.jpg

Please pass the freedom fries....
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: