Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:19:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  "New Velvet Revolver coming"
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "New Velvet Revolver coming"  (Read 13317 times)
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« on: July 03, 2008, 04:24:11 AM »

just a little site update, good to see things are still moving along.

http://www.velvetrevolver.com/
suicide
VIP

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 05:22:02 AM »

Service Temporarily Unavailable

What was in the update? Can you give us more details?
wharfy11
Opening Act

Here Today...Be Back Tomorrow

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 05:37:07 AM »

Interesting, seems that a new colour scheme might be adopted, red replaced by blue, i like!!

If I Leave Here Tomorrow Will You Still Remeber Me.......
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 09:10:41 AM »

The blue does look cool, and good to see the site kind of updated

libertad
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 10:17:33 AM »

Interesting, seems that a new colour scheme might be adopted, red replaced by blue, i like!!

I like it too, the red had a hot/warm/fire feeling to it, this blue has a cool/cold/ruff feeling   Grin hihi
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 11:41:40 AM »

Did I miss something in the Velvet corner? I thought they were still looking for a singer?
I did hear that Slash is working on a solo cd........ smoking
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 12:06:35 PM »

Did I miss something in the Velvet corner? I thought they were still looking for a singer?
I did hear that Slash is working on a solo cd........ smoking

Nothing has changed

libertad
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 12:00:18 PM »

I saw an interview with Duff somewhere this week where he said they may have already found their new singer.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 03:26:33 PM »

http://www.myspace.com/velvetrevolver

Friday, July 18, 2008

New Band New Site
Current mood: focused
Category: Life

Hello One and all,

Much love from Velvet Revolver world and thanks for stickin with us.
Hope you all like the look of our new myspace.
Slash,Duff,Dave and myself felt it was time to freshen up and get ready
for a new beggining. We have been in writing mode again and the future looks bright
Please stay close to this site and Velvet Revolver.com for updates.
We will be ready to Rock for you again very soon!!!!

Best,

Matt Sorum

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 09:02:48 PM »

But isn't Duff supposed to be playing in Europe in September?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 03:21:16 AM »

But isn't Duff supposed to be playing in Europe in September?

/jarmo

Key word is "ready".
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 09:46:55 AM »

Duff has stated that Velvet Revolver is his first priority, he stated this back when he re-started Loaded-I doubt one month in Europe will change anything

libertad
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 09:59:54 AM »

Really? I've heard him state that his daughters are his first priority.

And so, they should be.  peace

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 11:33:36 AM »

Duff has stated that Velvet Revolver is his first priority, he stated this back when he re-started Loaded-I doubt one month in Europe will change anything

Of course not.

Just wondering what Matt's update was about.

Is "soon" before September?

Or was it just an update to keep the fans interested while they sort their shit out?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 12:04:03 PM »

Of course not.

Or was it just an update to keep the fans interested while they sort their shit out?

/jarmo

If their singer is the guy from Spacehog, Duff will have plenty of time  for other activities. Say what you want about Weiland but he has a track record of writing hits. With this guy, they are back to  playing mid-level clubs.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 12:08:36 PM »

Of course not.

/jarmo

probably the latter rather than the former. Even after they announce who the singer is, they'll need a couple months to write (if they havent done most of that already), and record, before they go on any kind of tour.

I dont think "rockin' " for us really means much at all. Just like you said, its a pointless post to get some people excited.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 12:40:46 PM »

They could tour without recording a record, or during recording-Guns has done that for years now

libertad
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 12:43:50 PM »

They could tour without recording a record, or during recording-Guns has done that for years now
Shouldn't they find a lead singer first?  GNR has a bit of a larger and more respected catalog than VR at this point.  I guess they could tour without recording first, I just don't know how hot a ticket that would be.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 01:38:01 PM »

I think they have stated several times they are looking for a singer, and VR have played smaller venues like the State Theater in Detroit several times before Contraband was even released-they played songs that no one had ever heard before

libertad
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 02:39:33 PM »

I just don't know if the interest level for Velvet Revolver is very high right now.  There was a great deal of interest leading up to and after the Contraband release, but Libertad didn't fare too well and they've had their fair share of problems since then (mostly with Scott).  Maybe they can turn things around with a new lead singer, but I don't think it's a slam dunk.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 05:26:36 PM »

I just don't know if the interest level for Velvet Revolver is very high right now.  There was a great deal of interest leading up to and after the Contraband release, but Libertad didn't fare too well and they've had their fair share of problems since then (mostly with Scott).  Maybe they can turn things around with a new lead singer, but I don't think it's a slam dunk.

I agree, for them to ever be as big as the were when Contraband came out they'd have to have a really well known vocalist with a fan base of his own, like Chris Cornell.

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 08:13:37 PM »

Personally I think Velvet Revolver will still sell plenty of records and sell lots of concert tickets. Slash and Duff still have a huge fan base and people want to see them play. I know I do. I love these guys, they were part one of the greatest bands ever and I just love watching them perform. Even if they released a shit record I'd still go see them but they'll never be shit. I'll admit Libertad isn't my favourite record by any means but there's some interesting stuff on there and I always want to hear more from them. I'm always gonna be a fan of these guys no matter who they play with. If the old Guns n Roses will never reform then this is the next best thing for me and i'm happy enough for the guys

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 11:01:16 PM »

Personally I think Velvet Revolver will still sell plenty of records and sell lots of concert tickets. Slash and Duff still have a huge fan base and people want to see them play. I know I do. I love these guys, they were part one of the greatest bands ever and I just love watching them perform. Even if they released a shit record I'd still go see them but they'll never be shit. I'll admit Libertad isn't my favourite record by any means but there's some interesting stuff on there and I always want to hear more from them. I'm always gonna be a fan of these guys no matter who they play with. If the old Guns n Roses will never reform then this is the next best thing for me and i'm happy enough for the guys
I hear you, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who share those same feelings.  I'm not one of them though.  I love and respect what the guys did in GNR.  And I liked Contraband, thought Libertad was alright but definately not a step in the right direction.  I never got to see Velvet Revolver even though I had more than a few chances.  I'm sure it would've been a good show and I would've enjoyed it, it just wasn't a MUST SEE for me.  And when Slash went and did his Snakepit thing and Blues Ball Band, I could really care less about that stuff.  Same goes for anything Duff has done solo, or Izzy, Gilby, etc.  So while I respect the guys and appreciate all the work they put into GNR I'm not rushing out to support their every endeavor just because they played a MAJOR part in making my favorite band of all time what it is today.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008, 04:47:45 PM »

From their updated MySpace page??

VELVET REVOLVER: General Info
Member Since   10/7/2004
Band Website   velvetrevolver.com
Band Members   Slash, Duff, Dave Kushner, Matt Sorum
Sounds Like   Velvet Revolver
Record Label   Independent
Type of Label   None

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 05:55:15 PM »

Member Since   10/7/2004
Type of Label   None

maybe scott's departure caused the label to drop them i guess  Tongue
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 07:50:27 PM »

I hear you, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who share those same feelings.  I'm not one of them though.  I love and respect what the guys did in GNR.  And I liked Contraband, thought Libertad was alright but definately not a step in the right direction.  I never got to see Velvet Revolver even though I had more than a few chances.  I'm sure it would've been a good show and I would've enjoyed it, it just wasn't a MUST SEE for me.  And when Slash went and did his Snakepit thing and Blues Ball Band, I could really care less about that stuff.  Same goes for anything Duff has done solo, or Izzy, Gilby, etc.  So while I respect the guys and appreciate all the work they put into GNR I'm not rushing out to support their every endeavor just because they played a MAJOR part in making my favorite band of all time what it is today.

if you saw them live, you'd feel differently;

their music is much better live than on CD

you mised out on how to best enjoy their music
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 09:32:51 PM »

Member Since   10/7/2004
Type of Label   None

Wow, I bet VR is done now...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2008, 08:51:24 AM »

if you saw them live, you'd feel differently;

their music is much better live than on CD

you mised out on how to best enjoy their music
Oh I don't doubt they put on a good show.  I thought I might get one more chance, as I thought Scott would stick around for a 3rd album.  Too bad, I thought he was a pretty good fit.  None of these guys rumored to be his replacement send shivers down my spine.  At least, not in a good way.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2008, 03:43:52 PM »

From MySpace...

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rockin again soon

Hey Friends,

thanks for comin back to the new VR myspace page,
yah man movin forward, lookin for a new frontman
and in the studio next week.
Slash had a big BDay week. But is lookin forward to rockin'

thanks for stoppin by!!!!

Matt

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2008, 02:00:39 AM »

Shouldn't they find a lead singer first?  GNR has a bit of a larger and more respected catalog than VR at this point.  I guess they could tour without recording first, I just don't know how hot a ticket that would be.

Considering that two of the VR members were major contributors in the majority of the respected catalog, they could very easily sneak a few GnR songs in the mix to fill out a concert that isn't promoting a new album... that's all this GnR line up has done since '01
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 06:23:45 AM »

Member Since   10/7/2004
Type of Label   None

Could be.

I don't think RCA signed them just because the band has "former members of Guns N' Roses".

I think the "and Stone Temple Pilots" part played a big part....

Assuming this is true, there hasn't been a comment on it from any band member. Only the "we'll be back" and "keep rockin'" updates....

I guess it's yet another one of those things that might be mentioned in passing in a few months....

/jarmo

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 07:51:21 AM »

For what it's worth they are still listed on RCA as an artist, and in fact when I went to the site "get out the door" was blaring-I would think if the label had dropped them they would not list them, but I have no idea how these things work

libertad
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 08:57:35 AM »

I agree, for them to ever be as big as the were when Contraband came out they'd have to have a really well known vocalist with a fan base of his own, like Chris Cornell.

Personally what I think happened was this.....

there was a huge amount of anticipation for VR to come out with Contraband b/c of the GnR factor teaming with Scott Weiland, and they were expecting this "AFD like" album with Weiland's take on it.....

and what people got was a half STP/somewhat GnR sound, w/out any of the highly anticipated, memorable guitar solo's, outro's that made slash and GnR famous....

therefore, when they released Libertad, and after hearing the 1st single; anyone other than die-hards just brushed it off and it really never picked up steam.....

but thats just my opinion
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 10:45:53 AM »

I think the "and Stone Temple Pilots" part played a big part....

/jarmo

Absolutely.

Though the GNR brand name that accompanied the initial hype was crucial to early success - Weiland (and the STP connection) brought them a bona fide front man with current relevence/credentials and a proven track record with a different audience.  Without his presence, those guys were/are just another group of musicans with great resume's looking for a frontman.

When and if they continue as VR, indy's the only way to go if they are indeed not obligated to RCA. 

Go the NIN route and eliminate the major label politics altogether.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2008, 06:21:09 PM »

From RCA Records homepage??  Must be a typo...looks like they played this event in 2007, wonder why it is up now?

TOUR/APPEARANCES
Velvet Revolver
09/09/2009
EVENT TYPE: TOUR_DATE
Amphitheatre At Clark County
Ridgefield, WA

http://www.rcarecords.com/

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2008, 04:14:54 AM »

From RCA Records homepage??  Must be a typo...looks like they played this event in 2007, wonder why it is up now?

TOUR/APPEARANCES
Velvet Revolver
09/09/2009
EVENT TYPE: TOUR_DATE
Amphitheatre At Clark County
Ridgefield, WA

http://www.rcarecords.com/

a tour date set for next year  Undecided

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »