Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 02:29:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff McKagan To Guest On VH1's 'That Metal Show'
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff McKagan To Guest On VH1's 'That Metal Show'  (Read 11936 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: February 05, 2009, 05:31:03 PM »

RONNIE JAMES DIO, DUFF MCKAGAN, VINNIE PAUL, ANTHRAX To Guess On VH1's 'That Metal Show' - Feb. 2, 2009

"That Metal Show", VH1 Classic's new metal-themed talk show co-hosted by Eddie Trunk, has revealed the list of artists that will guest on the second season of the show. The program, which is taped in New York City, will feature appearances by the following musicians:

Taping February 11:

Season 2 / Episode 1 - Duff McKagan (LOADED, VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES)
Season 2 / Episode 2 - Frankie Benali (ANTHRAX)

Taping February 18:

Season 2 / Episode 3 - Vinnie Paul Abbott (HELLYEAH, ex-PANTERA)
Season 2 / Episode 4 - EXTREME

Taping February 25:

Season 2 / Episode 5 - ANVIL
Season 2 / Episode 6 - Geoff Tate (QUEENSR?CHE)

Taping March 4:

Season 2 / Episode 7 - Ronnie James Dio (HEAVEN AND HELL, BLACK SABBATH, DIO)

"That Metal Show" features hosts Eddie Trunk, Jim Florentine ("Crank Yankers", "Inside the NFL", "Meet The Creeps") and Don Jamieson ("Inside The NFL", "Dice Undisputed", "Meet The Creeps") discussing the latest rock news, share stories and arguing about their favorite bands. Each week they are joined by special guests who weigh in with their opinions and offer their own unique viewpoints to each episode. Eddie Trunk also takes on the metal maniacs in the studio audience in the "Stump the Trunk" metal trivia contest. If the audience can stump Eddie, they win a metal-worthy prize.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=113581

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 03:04:26 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 12:03:30 AM »

I wonder if they'll discuss "Chinese Democracy" at all?  Or will it basically be about the status of VR?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 12:07:20 AM »

I wonder if they'll discuss "Chinese Democracy" at all?  Or will it basically be about the status of VR?

Of course Eddie Trunk will ask.

I catch re-runs every now and then, and I really get irritated when Eddie speaks.

If you saw the Mike Piazza episode, you know what I am talking about.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 04:45:53 PM »

I wanna see Axl as a guest!!!

Considering that the episode doesn't tape until the 11th, maybe they'll ask Duff about Axl's recent comment about how he'd be open to a collaboration with Duff in the future.

Any idea when the episode will actually air? I'll have to make sure I catch it.

Here Today . . .
gnr2k6
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 05:36:42 PM »

have i missed something?since when did axl say he's be open to a collabaration with duff?
im not being rude by the way just interested to readabout that one.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 10:46:23 PM »

have i missed something?since when did axl say he's be open to a collabaration with duff?
im not being rude by the way just interested to readabout that one.
In the Q&A with Billboard that surfaced last night.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 11:59:48 AM »

The season premiere, with Duff, airs March 7th 11/10 C on VH1 Classic.

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 06:45:55 PM »

So this should've aired last night, right? I turned it to VH1 Classic last night at 11, but some other dude was the guest (Pantera guy, I think).

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »

So this should've aired last night, right? I turned it to VH1 Classic last night at 11, but some other dude was the guest (Pantera guy, I think).
Yeah Duff wasn't on last night, it was Vinnie Paul.  Not sure when the Duff episode will be on, so stay tuned.

They mentioned Chinese Democracy at the start of the show.  Spoke about why it didn't sell well in the US, whether it was the music, the Best exclusive deal, or the lack of promo, etc.  They all agreed that it's a good album but it takes a couple listens so maybe the public wasn't willing to do that.  Also Jim Florentine pointed out that it was the #14 selling album in the world in 2008 and was only out for 6 weeks so it wasn't really a flop at all.  It was a very brief discussion, that was about it.  Not sure if they'll ask Duff about it, as I'm sure he'll be there to promote Loaded.  But Eddie did say he spoke to him about it and that he said that years from now the album will be valued in higher regard than it is now, or something to that effect.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 07:20:26 PM »

Yeah, I guess it was Vinnie Paul.

Duff's episode will now air April 4th @ 11PM ET/PT.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 12:49:45 PM »

^^
THAT METAL SHOW SEASON 2 on VH1 Classic. All shows are the premiere dates and air at 11PM ET/PT. Shows repeat several times all week so check your listings.

3/14: Anthrax/Frank Bello
3/21: Gary and Nuno of Extreme
3/28: Rob & Lips from Anvil
4/4: Duff McKagan, Lemmy
4/11: Geoff Tate, Lars Ulrich
4/18: Scott Gorham of Thin Lizzy
4/25: Ronnie James Dio & Geezer Butler

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/407047/pid/401816

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 01:10:14 PM »

This episode is suppose to air tonight.  If you are unable to get it, the show will be available next week for viewing on their website:

http://www.vh1classic.com/browse/video/109196/That_Metal_Show/index.jhtml

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 04:01:54 PM »

The Duff episode is now available for viewing:

http://www.vh1classic.com/view/playlist/1608614/368496/That_Metal_Show_Season_2_Episode_5_Duff_McKagan_w_Extras/That_Metal_Show_Season_2_Episode_5_Part_1_Duff_McKagan/index.jhtml

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 07:10:28 PM »

Nothing earth shattering.  Says maybe one day the original GNR could reunite.  Also says he knows who the next singer for VR will be.  Of course that was taped back when everyone seemed to think they were on the verge of making an announcement.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 10:24:12 AM »

Duff's a good dude...nothing bad to say about him.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 05:28:43 PM »

Pretty disappointing "interview." Other than plugging Loaded, what was the point of having him on? They didn't really ask him anything. It just felt like a waste of time.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 08:38:50 PM »

Pretty disappointing "interview." Other than plugging Loaded, what was the point of having him on? They didn't really ask him anything. It just felt like a waste of time.
In his defense, that show is sort of set up that way.  None of the guests they have on give great interviews.  It's a 30 minute show, with commercials and they do 1 funny skit and some trivia questions with the audience members.  That leaves them about 5-10 minutes to talk with the guest.  You're not gonna get a whole lot out of that.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: