Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:06:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  "Ghost" Streaming Live right Now! Slash and Izzy rock!!
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Ghost" Streaming Live right Now! Slash and Izzy rock!!  (Read 17427 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: March 23, 2010, 09:05:26 AM »

Slash and Izzy still have it. You can listen to the stream on the far right of the page.

http://www.amazon.com/Slash/e/B000APVSRE//ref=pe_64050_14664150_pe_00_head//B000APVSRE
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:18:39 AM »

fuk yeah  i love the intro~!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 09:28:23 AM »

Awesome song. Nice riffs and trademark Slash solo, I like the way it starts.
There's also a video discussing the song below the player.

Fuck 'Em All.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 10:21:01 AM »

Love it! Smiley
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 10:47:05 AM »

solo was good, i don't really like the voice, it might grow
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 11:11:02 AM »

I really like it, its cool.  Not my favourite though.  Seems like its one that might grow.

So far we've heard By the Sword, Watch this Dave, Ghost and Beautiful Dangerous (bad live version) and the feedback is awesome from the majority of people.  Maybe Beautiful Dangerous got a few negative vibes cos the quality was bad and people have it in for Fergie.

Looking forward to the album more than ever now!  I imagine it will all start leaking tomorrow.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 11:26:27 AM »

I fucking love it!!!!!!
Pine Barrens
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 11:45:19 AM »

What impressess me the most about the songs we've heard so far is the diversity of the material. No one song has been similar to the other. I had high hopes due to the fact that I thought different singers would add some dynamics to the album, but I was more interested in seeing if Slash had truly opened his mind and playing to different styles. He obivously has, which has created something completely captivating. And trust me, I did not expect this at all as I was never a big fan of the Snakepit stuff, liked the first VR album but only listened to Libertad once, so I'm far from a fanboy. But I think we all know that Slash has it in him to make brilliant music and I would say that this could turn out to be his finest work since GN'R.

And how cool is it to sit with your headphones on and hear that right and left speaker guitar-combo of Slash and Izzy?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 12:07:15 PM »

sounds like it could've been on Appetite or UYI

AWESOME SHIT!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
axleire
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 12:20:03 PM »

Love this song  Cool
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 12:40:01 PM »

Slash = Lord of the Riffs.

Love it!!

beer
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 01:23:15 PM »

And how cool is it to sit with your headphones on and hear that right and left speaker guitar-combo of Slash and Izzy?

+1  Smiley

Re-Union time, baby!!
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 01:27:31 PM »

It sounds awesome! For me it was a grower, but liking it more and more with each listen.. just to bad that Izzy doesn't play rhythm on the other tracks Tongue

The vocals are nice, but I'd prefer a Miles Kennedy singing it.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 01:28:36 PM »

any other place we can listen to this song? coz the streaming wont work  Embarrassed

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 01:30:47 PM »

any other place we can listen to this song? coz the streaming wont work  Embarrassed

It is taking a while to load... Wonder if its getting too many hits..
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 01:31:31 PM »

Just close the page and reload again, worked for me.

Fuck 'Em All.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 01:35:03 PM »

Just close the page and reload again, worked for me.

Thanks. It worked=) And the Song is really cool =)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 01:55:49 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylaroxf_sRU&feature=player_embedded
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 02:02:10 PM »

i guess its a matter of time before we can hear the whole album... dont worry ill buy this fucker! i wont let Ozzy Kill my Pet!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 03:02:31 PM »

Wow this song is a grower get's better every listen!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 05:07:39 PM »

ive listened about 15 times but wont anymore

i am waiting to buy it.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 05:14:27 PM »

In the little video below the song link has the video with Slash saying that this riff was abandoned when Scott came in the band. Not surprisingly it was perfect for Izzy. We always heard about him doing the big purge of all material Izzy was involved with for sounding too much like GNR, and the story behind this song would seem to support that.

It's a shame that material (that Matt/Izzy/Slash/Duff recorded) will never see the light of day, because Izzy/Slash still have that chemistry and there probably are some gems in there when Slash wasn't relegated to writing material in a way as to purposely not sound like GNR as appears to have been what went on in VR. Not surprisingly now that he is on his own the sound comes back.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 05:16:54 PM »

Yeah you can't deny the sheer rock n roll'ness that this album has got. What I'm digging about Ghost in particular is that in UYI I could barely hear Izzy at times, AFD was decent. But the production on the track(s) is really killer and you can just FEEL the Slash/Izzy dynamic after what 24 years? They still have it, and they have it fucking good. I can seriously feel Slash coming off the track, I can't wait to hear Myles do this live as well!

EDIT: Yeah it's a big time shame that that material won't be heard because I the Izzy/Slash/Duff combo would be killer , they all seem to just have IT when it comes to being musically capable with each other. That's the cool thing about the solo project is that with VR or Snakepit you don't want to sound like Guns because its a different lineup different era etc... but with a solo project we get stuff like this because the fact of the matter is at the end of the day Slash is still a balls-to-the-wall blues guitarist.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:19:27 PM by WTTJ_91 » Logged
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 06:03:57 PM »

It's a shame that material (that Matt/Izzy/Slash/Duff recorded) will never see the light of day, because Izzy/Slash still have that chemistry and there probably are some gems in there when Slash wasn't relegated to writing material in a way as to purposely not sound like GNR as appears to have been what went on in VR. Not surprisingly now that he is on his own the sound comes back.

EDIT: Yeah it's a big time shame that that material won't be heard because I the Izzy/Slash/Duff combo would be killer , they all seem to just have IT when it comes to being musically capable with each other.

Actually, the 10 songs on the Like A Dog album, those are the songs that Izzy took to 'The Project' back in October 2002 Smiley   Altough the ideas where worked out by Izzy's own band (and therefore with Slash/Duff/Matt would've sounded a bit different) still if you listen to Izzy's Like A Dog album then you have a pretty good idea what it would sound like.

This was confirmed by Duff after I asked him back in 2008 (he then also mentioned how he played bass on 3 Concrete songs). He also confirmed that 'Do It For The Kids' was based on an idea/song, which is the same idea as 'Bomb' on the Like A Dog album. Also in Slash's bio there's a pic of S-I-D-M jamming together saying 'they may or may not have been working on a song called Snafu'. Which is also a LAD track.

Funny thing is, according to JT (Izzy's bassist/engineer) the song ideas for Like A Dog were brought by Izzy on cassette tape, they also didn't know he also brought those ideas to Slash and Duff several months earlier. Izzy did the same routine with both S-I-D-M and his own band.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 06:05:56 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 06:29:05 PM »

EDIT: Yeah it's a big time shame that that material won't be heard because I the Izzy/Slash/Duff combo would be killer , they all seem to just have IT when it comes to being musically capable with each other.

Actually, the 10 songs on the Like A Dog album, those are the songs that Izzy took to 'The Project' back in October 2002 Smiley   Altough the ideas where worked out by Izzy's own band (and therefore with Slash/Duff/Matt would've sounded a bit different) still if you listen to Izzy's Like A Dog album then you have a pretty good idea what it would sound like.

This was confirmed by Duff after I asked him back in 2008 (he then also mentioned how he played bass on 3 Concrete songs). He also confirmed that 'Do It For The Kids' was based on an idea/song, which is the same idea as 'Bomb' on the Like A Dog album. Also in Slash's bio there's a pic of S-I-D-M jamming together saying 'they may or may not have been working on a song called Snafu'. Which is also a LAD track.

Funny thing is, according to JT (Izzy's bassist/engineer) the song ideas for Like A Dog were brought by Izzy on cassette tape, they also didn't know he also brought those ideas to Slash and Duff several months earlier. Izzy did the same routine with both S-I-D-M and his own band.

Holy moly I never listened to Izzy solo stuff , Bomb is basically DIFTK , crazy stuff. Thanks for the information!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 07:13:12 PM »

anybody ripped this to MP3 yet?

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 07:24:21 PM »

wow!! what fucking awesome guitars!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pine Barrens
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 07:33:08 PM »

anybody ripped this to MP3 yet?

That's what I'm wondering too! Huh
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 08:27:47 PM »

it has a Blue Oyster Cult feeling on it, I like that.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 08:41:25 PM »

Obviously very "The Cult" sounding, Ian's abstract lyrical content and immediately recognizable voice.  I really like the vocal outro, trademark Astbury.

The guitar intro sounds very Billy Duffy-esque as well, good stuff with the rest of the guitars signature Slash/Izzy.

Seems as though it's a good track to start off the record.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 10:00:42 PM »

Holy moly I never listened to Izzy solo stuff , Bomb is basically DIFTK , crazy stuff. Thanks for the information!

like a dog is my favorite izzy solo album; very raw rock sound that you can easily see as being the roots of a killer gnr album minus axl
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 12:18:10 AM »

I love the way this song starts, but it never lives up to the hype for me after that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 03:41:36 AM »

By the 3rd or 4th listen, and I fuckin LOVE the song now. So much groove going on! beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 09:09:56 AM »

Does anyone else think that the opening riff of Ghost is almost like a higher pitched version of the opening riff to Jungle?
It has the same kinda syncopated rhythm style going on. And then when it kicks into the main riff, the song has a really great groove too.

At first I thought the lyrics and singing weren't very good, but after a few listens, it's like Ian has an understated coolness to his vocal delivery.

I'm almost addicted to the track at this moment! beer

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 09:25:19 AM »

Does anyone else think that the opening riff of Ghost is almost like a higher pitched version of the opening riff to Jungle?
It has the same kinda syncopated rhythm style going on. And then when it kicks into the main riff, the song has a really great groove too.

It is similar in rhythm and tempo. When they shift to playing the same riff with power chords it sounds even cooler.

At first I thought the lyrics and singing weren't very good, but after a few listens, it's like Ian has an understated coolness to his vocal delivery.

Yeah, same here. I thought the lyrics were poor and what eight verses? But after listening to it a couple of times, I feel it really suits
 the track and Ian's vocals are the exact kind of rock vocals I like, which is why on listening to Starlight after this, Myles sounds
a bit American Idolish.

Fuck 'Em All.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 09:29:32 AM »

Yeah, vocally, I don't like Starlight at all. Musically it's pretty killer though.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 07:21:29 PM »

Slash just has a way with the high pitches appreggio type riffs.

so many other guitar players try to copy Slash and it ends up making your ears bleed.

with Slash he does it in a way that just kicks ass.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 07:22:44 PM »

This is one of the most kickass songs Ive heard in a very long time

I cant quit listening

I cannot wait to take this album out on a very long run. ok

Billo
VIP