Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:25:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227866 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula 1 - 2008 season
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula 1 - 2008 season  (Read 49388 times)
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 07:18:52 AM »

if im honest i wasnt too impressed with Heikki last year, he had a very poor start to the season, but his performances through the middle and end of the year impressed me, in fuji when he held off kimi for second place, was a great drive, but i just dont think he has the raw talent hamilton does i dont expect him to be challengin hamilton at every race.

and thank god alonso has moved out of McLaren, he has to rely on no.1 status and the team helping him to win the championship, i feel sorry for fisichella, he was a great driver before he rejoined renault and why maybe he wasnt as fast as alonso, im sure he may have done better with equal equipment, its a shame fisichella wont be in a top drive next year, force one india looking the most probable

nelson piquet jr has no chance of equal status and eqipment in 08, because if its rumoured that alsonso will be a ferarri driver in 09, briatorie will do everything in his power to keep alonso, and if that means givin him the best of everythin while nelson suffers, then so be it. contracts can be broken

we'll i predict a strong year for ferarri, and McLaren and renault a lot closer to the big two than last year with alonso devopment experience, and BMW will have a disapointing year compared to last year, i just think they need a race winning driver, to push the team forward more, no doubt the two they have are great drivers, but they need and alsonso/m schumacher to push the team

i want massa to win, he just made far too many mistakes last year, malaysia springs to mind

although a strong year for McLaren is predicted, it will be intresting how they cope with being so far down the pitlane this year, with fewer space and few garages to work with

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 07:21:59 AM »

anyone know whats happening with prodrives entry into f1 this year

i noticed it wasnt on jarmo's list, i heard rumours of a McLaren "b team" and then for bernie to scrap those rumours with the "customer car" thing

whats goin on with prodrive, are thye not entering?

its a shame if they are not, when they rejected eddie jordans and paul stodarts applications

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 12:25:28 PM »

As far as I know, Prodrive couldn't enter F1 in 2008 because certain teams opposed the customer car idea.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 12:33:41 PM »

ah yeah, read it just a moment ago, a couple of teams objected to the idea, when prodrive always had the intent of competing with  customer chassis

unfair how 2 teams are alowed to compete with them and new teams arent

should be stopped all together, before the field gets split up into two groups like the touring cars

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 01:48:46 PM »

All driver seats have been filled now.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2008, 09:57:49 AM »

It amazes me how some people can be such stupid ignorant fucks.  They stoop this low just because this guy had a better year than their guy AND THEY WERE BOTH ON THE SAME TEAM!!!  This is just so wrong and sad.  no

Racist taunts follow Lewis Hamilton
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Monday, February 4th 2008, 4:00 AM

BARCELONA, Spain - Lewis Hamilton endured racist taunts from spectators at Formula One testing, Spanish media reported yesterday.

The 23-year-old from Britain, F1's first black driver, was jeered and insulted when he moved between the McLaren motorhome and the team's garage at the Montmelo circuit on Saturday.

Circuit director Ramon Pradera instructed staff to erect barriers around the team's paddock for Hamilton's safety, the reports said. Banners making references to Hamilton and team boss Ron Dennis were removed while the stands directly above McLaren's garage were cleared to ensure no debris could be thrown down when the car returned to the pit lane.

"We would like to make a plea to the fans to behave correctly," Pradera said. "No type of offensive behavior can be tolerated."

Last season, Fernando Alonso of Spain failed to clinch a third straight championship after he joined McLaren from Renault. Alonso finished third in the drivers' standings, while rookie Hamilton was second.

Alonso has since rejoined Renault.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2008, 10:15:27 AM »

It amazes me how some people can be such stupid ignorant fucks.  They stoop this low just because this guy had a better year than their guy AND THEY WERE BOTH ON THE SAME TEAM!!!  This is just so wrong and sad.  no

I agree 100%.

They're just making sure that less tests will take place in Spain.

The FIA has already threatened the Spanish GPs with sanctions if it continues.

I would like to see what Alonso has to say about this. It's his fans.....

/jarmo

Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2008, 01:55:22 PM »

I agree 100%.

They're just making sure that less tests will take place in Spain.

The FIA has already threatened the Spanish GPs with sanctions if it continues.

I would like to see what Alonso has to say about this. It's his fans.....

/jarmo

It?s not his fans; it?s a group of ignorant troublemakers that should be banned for life from any sporting event. I?m begging people not to generalise.

Saying this I feel absolutely ashamed and saddened. The stewards could have done more to avoid this pathetic display of ignorance and I hope there are sanctions.

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2008, 02:14:12 PM »

I wonder who these people support in F1 then? I wouldn't be shocked if they see themselves as Alonso fans.....

It'd be cool of Alonso to say something. It doesn't matter if they're his real fans or not. But it does reflect back on him since he was the one having issues with Hamilton last season and he's the only Spanish driver in F1.

I also hope more drivers take a stance against that shit.

When shit like this happens in football, players of the teams involved often comment on it and say it's wrong and unacceptable.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 02:17:23 PM by jarmo » Logged

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2008, 11:56:42 AM »

Anybody is free to call themselves anybody's fans regardless of how insane they might be. That does not impose any responsibility on the person they are a fan of. In addition, Alonso certainly can't be challenged or expected to appologize on behalf of these people. It's like expecting Axl to appologize on behalf of some dumbhead fans who get in fights at the shows, start riots, or destroy the venues.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 03:23:23 PM »

Anybody is free to call themselves anybody's fans regardless of how insane they might be. That does not impose any responsibility on the person they are a fan of. In addition, Alonso certainly can't be challenged or expected to appologize on behalf of these people. It's like expecting Axl to appologize on behalf of some dumbhead fans who get in fights at the shows, start riots, or destroy the venues.

Not apologize. Just say something.

I think it might send a signal to these idiots that the guy they possibly support thinks they're scum....

Axl has had several people that were causing problems during shows kicked out and has made it known what he thinks of these idiots......  Grin

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 09:32:15 AM »

ITV-F1.com?s brand new video content is now available to watch by our international readership.

All readers of the website can now check out all the clips in our revamped F1 video section.

Here you can find action from the 2008 launch season, with videos from the Renault and Red Bull unveilings recently added.

You can also watch ITV Sport commentator Martin Brundle?s award-winning F1 Insight features which take you closer to the driver?s life in the cockpit.

And want to know what drivers get up to away from the track? Then check out Louise Goodman?s interviews with some of the star names in the sport.

There are plenty of cool videos to see so make sure you make time to look through our F1 Video section.

For the fans who haven't followed F1 a lot, I can recommend checking the video section's F1 Insight tab.

/jarmo

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2008, 04:20:24 PM »

So...is there gonna be a game for the 2008 season, as we had on the previous years?  Grin

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2008, 09:15:07 AM »

if i remeber correctly, f1 wasnt the massive attraction it is before alonso won the championship, so i'd say they were alonso fans yes  no

Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2008, 11:10:38 AM »

My pick for Pole:  Raikkonen
And... what the heck, my pick for race:  Raikkonen!  Smiley

Josee

Guns N' Roses - W. Axl Rose
You can visit www.gnrwar.com
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2008, 12:49:56 PM »

My pick for Pole:  Raikkonen
And... what the heck, my pick for race:  Raikkonen!  Smiley

Josee

Wrong thread and wrong format.

One pole pick and then you have to pick the top eight.  ok

/jarmo

Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2008, 01:22:46 PM »

oppps!  Shocked

Is the thread created???

You're right!!  The top eight!  I forgot! Smiley  Thanks!

4 dayssss!

Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2008, 03:10:43 AM »

Good for Heikki...I'm sure he'll get the same treatment from McLaren as Hamilton got in 2007  Roll Eyes

You mean the same treatment Alonso got?

Until he pissed off everybody with his backstabbing and whining....  Oh, and his tactics in Hungary.... hihi

/jarmo

AMEN!  beer

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2008, 04:17:34 PM »

Kimi started out doing really good , but not pitting and trying to take/move into 2nd at the turn was a big mistake.

Hamilton raced a fucking awesome race

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2008, 06:03:02 PM »

Hey!  I want my point!  hihi

(Thanks.  Wink)

Bourdais really surprised me with his performance, it's a shame he blew up near the end.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 11:06:04 PM by Ted Danson's Private Jet » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: