Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:08:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Judas Priest Thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Judas Priest Thread  (Read 56220 times)
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2008, 11:43:56 AM »

Where is 'living after midnight'? Surely that must be on the set list..... peace

Keep em under your wheels.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2008, 08:57:03 PM »

OMG I'm in love with the new song!! Can't wait to pick this up.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2008, 12:03:55 PM »

Where is 'living after midnight'? Surely that must be on the set list..... peace

it's probably not.. it wasn't played on sweden rock festival either..
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #243 on: June 26, 2008, 09:14:09 PM »

Mark Daniell of JAM! Music recently conducted an interview with JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford. A few excerpts from the chat follow.

On touring:

"It's the same no matter where we play. That's the joy of heavy metal music. We can walk out on a stage anywhere in the world and get the same reaction. The Japanese react the same way as the people in Texas, and the people in Texas react the same as the people in Rome. There's just this real love and passion for metal music and for PRIEST. That's a wonderful thing."

On the band's decision after over three decades to release PRIEST's first-ever concept album:

"I can't remember how long it's been, but I know that we've had conversations about doing a concept release more than once. It has been lurking in the wings for many, many years. . . A lot of concept records are really just made-up fantasy. But the idea of giving Nostradamus the heavy metal treatment was one that kind of stuck. . . We could have gone and done another studio record, but this just fired us all up and we couldn't wait to get stuck into the project."

On JUDAS PRIEST's plans to showcase "Nostradamus" in a series of themed "special event" shows:

"If we didn't play it live in its entirety, I think we would regret it. It'll be a real treat when we do play the whole thing live. We'll surround it with a great stage set, costumes and we'll do it at a storied venue like (London's) Royal Albert Hall. That will be a first for PRIEST; we've never ventured into that kind of experience."

On the resurgence of interest in metal

"I think metal has had just about every genre thrown at it. And still, so many new denominations of metal keep emerging. These days you have death metal, European metal, American-style metal and if something else comes up, I'll be delighted. It will be great to have a fresh metal experience."

On being comfortable with PRIEST's place in rock 'n' roll lore:

"We count our blessings we came along when we did. You look at today's situation, a band that's doing incredibly well right now, could be elsewhere in two, three years. It's very, very difficult to maintain a level of success in today's music industry. We've been fortunate to be able to put on the kinds of shows that people remember and want to come back and re-experience again and again. And what we're finding when we go onstage nowadays is that the front row is absolutely crammed with all these new metal heads. Barely into their teens, there they are, going crazy for PRIEST. They're seeking us out. So the journey is ongoing. I really can't see the end."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2008, 06:06:54 AM »

Great interview, thanx Malcolm!  ok

All Hail The PRiest!

If the world would end today... Wink
Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #245 on: June 28, 2008, 01:38:47 PM »

Nostradamus is a fucking Masterpiece...  beer
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #246 on: July 01, 2008, 07:22:18 AM »

Nostradamus is a fucking Masterpiece...  beer
Well it IS isn't it? Revelations are one of my favorites but there is so many good ones.

Only thing I miss is a pure painkiller type of song with Rob singing high, but I guess that era is over Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #247 on: December 07, 2010, 09:08:38 AM »

JUDAS PRIEST Announces Farewell 'Epitaph' Tour

After storming the world for nearly 40 years and taking its very special brand of heavy metal to all four corners of the planet, JUDAS PRIEST ? one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time ? has announced plans to embark on a final world tour. However, the mighty PRIEST will certainly be going out strong as they rock the planet starting in 2011 on the massive "Epitaph" tour ? hitting all the major cities throughout the world where they will be playing the songs that helped make the name JUDAS PRIEST synonymous with heavy metal!

With all guns blazing and amps cranked to eleven, the band will be giving all its fans one last chance to witness the ultimate metal experience that is JUDAS PRIEST!

JUDAS PRIEST will be starting its world tour in Europe and has just confirmed the following festivals for 2011:

Jun. 09 - Sweden Rock Festival, S?lvesborg, Sweden
Jun. 11 - Sauna Open Air, Tampere, Finland
Jun. 17 - Copenhell, Copenhagen, Denmark
Jun. 19 - Hellfest, Clisson, France
Jun. 22 - Gods of Metal, Milan, Italy
Jun. 25 - Graspop Metal Meeting, Dessel, Belgium
Jul. 23 - High Voltage, London, UK
Aug. 05 - Wacken Open Air, Wacken, Germany

Will likely check them out if they stop in Toronto..Never seen the mighty Priest before, but if its there last tour, I may have to..Im a casual fan but im sure theyll be pulling out all the stops on this one..

Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #248 on: December 07, 2010, 05:45:24 PM »

JUDAS PRIEST Announces Farewell 'Epitaph' Tour

After storming the world for nearly 40 years and taking its very special brand of heavy metal to all four corners of the planet, JUDAS PRIEST ? one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time ? has announced plans to embark on a final world tour. However, the mighty PRIEST will certainly be going out strong as they rock the planet starting in 2011 on the massive "Epitaph" tour ? hitting all the major cities throughout the world where they will be playing the songs that helped make the name JUDAS PRIEST synonymous with heavy metal!

With all guns blazing and amps cranked to eleven, the band will be giving all its fans one last chance to witness the ultimate metal experience that is JUDAS PRIEST!

JUDAS PRIEST will be starting its world tour in Europe and has just confirmed the following festivals for 2011:

Jun. 09 - Sweden Rock Festival, S?lvesborg, Sweden
Jun. 11 - Sauna Open Air, Tampere, Finland
Jun. 17 - Copenhell, Copenhagen, Denmark
Jun. 19 - Hellfest, Clisson, France
Jun. 22 - Gods of Metal, Milan, Italy
Jun. 25 - Graspop Metal Meeting, Dessel, Belgium
Jul. 23 - High Voltage, London, UK
Aug. 05 - Wacken Open Air, Wacken, Germany

Will likely check them out if they stop in Toronto..Never seen the mighty Priest before, but if its there last tour, I may have to..Im a casual fan but im sure theyll be pulling out all the stops on this one..

I was a casual fan too- ontil i saw them live that is!  TRUST ME, DON'T MISS THEM IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE- hALFORDS VOICE IS THE MOST INCREDIBLE THING I HAVE EVER HEARD & WILL MAKE THE HAIR STAND UP ON YOUR FUCKING NECK! I just stood there in awe listening to that man sing! Not too mention the sound unbelievable live- i was simply blown away!! ok
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2011, 09:00:27 AM »

According to a posting on JUDAS PRIEST's official web site, the legendary British heavy metal band is currently working on new material. The message adds that "all is going really well."

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2011, 05:15:32 AM »

KK is leaving Judas Priest. He disagree's with stuffz.

http://www.judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=31894B27-BD13-43BA-84F0-6A11B4F9D835

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »

Ya I seen that, really wierd if you ask me considering this is there farewell tour? why not just do it?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #252 on: May 26, 2011, 07:00:06 PM »

JUDAS PRIEST Performs On 'American Idol' Finale; Video Available - May 25, 2011

As first predicted here earlier today, British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST performed during tonight's (Wednesday, May 25) season 10 "American Idol" finale. They hit the stage with James Durbin, the 22-year-old rocker from Santa Cruz, California, who was eliminated from "American Idol" earlier in the month but who made a return appearance during tonight's broadcast.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=158631

May 26 2011

Judas Priest Call James Durbin 'Idol' Cover 'Dream Come True'
'He's got such an extraordinary voice,' frontman Rob Halford tells MTV News of JD's 'You've Got Another Thing Coming.'

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1664680/judas-priest-james-durbin-american-idol-finale.jhtml

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #253 on: May 27, 2011, 01:11:33 AM »

James Durbin reminds me of the fat brother from My Name is Earl...  hihi

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #254 on: May 31, 2011, 01:22:20 PM »

Ratings up for 'American Idol' finale, draws nearly 30 million

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/idolchatter/post/2011/05/ratings-up-for-american-idol-finale-draws-nearly-30-million/1

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #255 on: July 13, 2011, 02:34:07 PM »

New album news from Ian Hill:

Rockpages.gr: Well, Ian, here you are for the ?Epitaph World Tour? but this is not the end for Judas Priest as you have stated...

Ian Hill: No, it?s not the end of Judas Priest?we?ve never intended to ?kill? the band. We just need to slow down a little bit as we?ve touring and doing albums almost constantly for 40 years now. It really takes a large chunk of your life; so, we have to be?well?not choosey of where we will play in the future but how many shows we can do in a specific time. The European Festivals will always be a good option but we can?t do anymore the big touring thing?leave here, go to South America, then straight to USA, Japan, Australia?you know. Not that we don?t enjoy it; we love it! We love to travel, we love to visit places and do a little bit of sightseeing, especially when we have a day off. Bear in mind that we?ve been doing this for 40 years. After 6 months not being on the road, you get a little bit itchy because you need to be on stage again (laughs)! But, unfortunately, you don?t get any younger. Of course, we will continue to record as well?we have already written an album?s worth of material. Three songs are properly recorded and roughly mixed. I think that the record company might put out something, just a bit of something so as to let the fans know of what?s coming along. It?s gonna be a great album and it?s gonna carry on from where ?Angel of Retribution? left off. We got ?Nostradamus? out of our system and now we are heading towards classic Priest metal?.the screams, the fast, the slow and the heavy! A little bit of everything. A big ?thank you? for all that we are doing goes out to the fans.

Continue here: http://www.rockpages.gr/detailspage.aspx?id=5854&type=1&lang=EN

Kierkegaard_Says
Opening Act

« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2011, 11:59:33 AM »

Just going to put it out there that I'm seeing Priest on Wednesday.

ok

"Life must be understood backwards; but it must be lived forward. "
"The highest and most beautiful things in life are not to be heard about, nor read about, nor seen but, if one will, are to be"  SK
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #257 on: July 26, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »

From Rob Halford...

24 July 2011

He said: "We want to keep on making music, and we want to keep performing this calibre of show, but we only want to perform at this level.

"Like a biker, we want to ride off into the sunset, not fall off in front of everyone.

"We will be touring in the future, probably festivals and special events, but we won't be doing these big gruelling tours."

Continue here: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/halford-time-for-brit-recognition-16027128.html

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2011, 09:25:28 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA_fzTfPJ0Q Rapid Fire and Metal Gods live in Chile peace

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #259 on: October 08, 2011, 01:51:24 PM »

They were on Jimmy Fallon last night, it was pretty cool, they did Breaking The Law on tv and You've Got another Thing Coming for the live audience after, A few of the guests mentioned how cool it was they were on

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: