Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:22:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Queen / Queen + Paul Rodgers
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Queen / Queen + Paul Rodgers  (Read 52105 times)
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2004, 01:33:02 PM »

Hmmm, i don't really agree with this. To me, freddie was a more important part of queen than axl/slash were to gn'r and i don't like the idea of them touring under the queen name. Atleast we can be fairly sure that they are doing it because they enjoy performing together rather than to make a quick buck,
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2004, 08:21:09 PM »

Repeat after me: Freddie=Queen

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
journey
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2004, 10:13:57 PM »

I think what Queen are getting ready to do and what the Doors have done is far worse than Axl still using the name Guns N Roses.

Freddie Mercury is irreplaceable just like Jim Morrison.

These guys are the voice and I dont think you can replace a voice.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2004, 09:40:26 PM »

These guys are the voice and I dont think you can replace a voice.

Well.....maybe the best thing to do would be to stop using band names when important members of bands leave.....thus elimiinating this type of crap that has divided Guns fans forever, and has some Queen fans up in arms. This whole concept of trying to decide whether or not its alright if a band keeps using a name or not is ridiculous, and it does nothing but bring dissension among fans bases all because of the hunger for the almighty dollar(which is essentially the only reason any artist wants a name, "Queen" touring draws a whole lot more fans than the Brian May band. Same thing as "GNR" touring as opposed to the Axl Rose solo band.)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2004, 08:26:44 AM »

QUEEN will make their first appearance with new vocalist PAUL RODGERS at the second 46664 SOUTH AFRICA concert next year.

The band will play at the event which will take place at the Fancourt Hotel And Country Club Estate on March 19. The gig has been organised by Nelson Mandela to fight against HIV and AIDS.

Guitarist Brian May said: "This is a great occasion for Queen to fulfil our continuing commitment to Nelson Mandela's AIDS cause. It is particularly exciting because this will be the first opportunity for Roger and myself to play a full set on stage with Paul Rodgers."

He added: "We will be routining together especially for this concert in the weeks leading up to this date. It will be an international 'first'."

Making the announcement, former President Mandela said: "46664 South Africa will build on the success of our truly memorable concert in Cape Town last year. It will serve to support the efforts of the Nelson Mandela Foundation and to show the world that South Africa is really addressing this most vital issue. And most importantly, it will help us raise more funds to lead the fight to help those infected and affected by this pandemic."

A further number of international artists will join Queen for the concert, together with several South African artists. The full line-up will be revealed early in the New Year.

Queen famously included South Africa as part of their 1984 tour despite the country then being under worldwide boycott due to its racial policies. The decision caused the band problems in the British Commonwealth where they were heavily criticised, and group were even faced with protests at some New Zealand shows.

As previously reported on NME.COM, Queen announced last week that they are to reform for a tour next year.

A UK tour will definitely go ahead, with the possibility of a European leg and a world tour under discussion. The tour will feature material by both Queen and Rodgers, one-time vocalist with both Free and Bad Company.

Queen stopped touring in 1986, after frontman Freddie Mercury fell ill. He died of an AIDS-related illness in 1991.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
chramos
Headliner

GNR Rules!!!!

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2004, 08:32:48 PM »

Hi there guys,

Does anyone here has that QUEEN DVD We will Rock you?! 

I think it?s a Canada gig, filmed on 1981 or 82.

Good quality?! Is it an official queen release, or that crap dvds some shit record companies release sometimes?!!

Thanks for help.   (is that good compared to other queen dvds?)
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2004, 08:14:22 AM »

Filmed in Montreal wasnt it?

chramos
Headliner

GNR Rules!!!!

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2004, 09:18:23 AM »

Yep.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2004, 02:44:31 PM »

Is in good quality I have it  peace

No man can be my equal
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2004, 01:22:39 PM »

Repeat after me: Freddie=Queen

Freddie = Queen  Cheesy

No man can be my equal
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2004, 04:50:27 PM »

There are certain bands in witch evey single member is irreplaceble,bands like Queen, U2, The Beatles or Led Zeppelin.

Queen is NOT Freddie Mercury! Personally, I find it more revolting that John Deacon isn't there, him being alive.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2004, 11:31:20 AM »

I have mixed opinons on this subject.  Because i see what people are saying for and against this idea. 

I can totally understand them wanting to do some work. They have a right to, they helped create this body of work and just because one is dead should the others just get old and dusty?  As a musician i can understand them wanting to do more. 

Paul Rodgers is a great singer.  It's an exciting idea for them to work together. Perhaps they should be brave and do it under a new name, be a new band. They can still play the Queen and Free stuff but it would make it more interesting.  I bet they will be a cool live.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2005, 05:04:09 PM »

The thing is that John Deacon doesn't want to be part of the tour, after freddie died he just disappaired of music industry and thats how he wants to keep it.

No man can be my equal
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2005, 08:46:45 AM »

The reformed members of QUEEN are to play a one-off show in the spring for their fans at LONDON CARLING BRIXTON ACADEMY.

The band will appear with former Free vocalist Paul Rodgers for the first time in the UK on March 28.

Tickets, which are priced at ?55, will be allocated through a lottery system via the group?s website.

The new line-up will make their world debut before the London date at the 46664 South Africa concert on March 19.

Queen are expected to perform a full UK tour later this year.

They stopped touring in 1986, after frontman Freddie Mercury fell ill. He died of an Aids-related illness in 1991.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2005, 09:19:40 AM »

This is rich, GNR fans complaining about Brian May touring under the Queen name even though some of the most prominent original members are no longer with the band. The same backlash being expressed here is the same thing that is being said about GNR on non-GNR biased boards, that it is ridiculous to pretend it's still the same band even though the highly visible iconic originals(freddie specifically) are no longer around(which is really a shame he had to go so early).

Freddie Mercury was Queen, he was the frontman, he commanded your attention. He was the "money shot" of the band.

Much like Axl Rose. People look at Axl and are in awe.  He is a leader and a frontman on stage. Axl Rose was/is Guns N Roses.

The difference between the two is although May is excellent people went to a Queen Concert to see Freddie.  So that is why it is wrong to call themselfs Queen.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2005, 05:08:32 PM »

If they toured as Brian May, Roger Taylor and Paul Rogers how many tickets would they sell? Then compare that to the tickets Queen and Paul Rogers would sell, much much more. Queen was a band of 4 people all writing seperatly and together, equally, they all had a say in everything. This wasn't a Stones thing with the two top men writing most, if not all, of the stuff. .One of them is now dead and another retired, but I don't see why Brian and Roger can't tour under Queen.

I want to see Queen any way I can, and 2 out of 4 aint bad as far as I'm concerned. And if you want to be REALLY fussy, the original members were technically Brian and Roger because they were in a band called Smile before Queen and that's where the Queen seed was born. Besides, it's not your band, it's theirs and they can do as they wish.

Isn't the current Guns 'N' Roses just Axl and aload of other NON original members? If Charlie and Ronnie left The Stones; what do you think Mick and Keith would be called? They wouldn't be called Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.

Queen's Biggest Songs and their writers (depends where you are on how big the song was)

We Will Rock You - Brian May
We Are The Champions - Freddie Mercury
Another One Bites The Dust - John Deacon
Radio Ga Ga - Roger Taylor
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Freddie Mercury
I Want To Break Free - John Deacon
A Kind Of Magic - Roger Taylor
Bohemian Rhapsody - Freddie Mercury
The Show Must Go On - Mostly Brian May
Somebody To Love - Freddie Mercury
Tie Your Mother Down (my favourite and to be covered by VR) - Brian May

(steps off my soapbox)

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2005, 05:14:25 PM »

Also Note: Brian and Roger are on about ?70/80 million each now, they don't need any money. And Paul can't be too poor.

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2005, 10:07:21 AM »

I have always been a Huge Deacon fan and believe he is so underated.  If he was with Brian and Roger then I would be impress and guess they could be called queen. I always tell me friends though how I respect a band like Queen not teaming up with a George Micheal or someone and touring to make money.  The only person I believe (besides Freddie) that I would like to see May/Taylor team up with is David Bowie. Now if they teamed up and played both hits that would be great

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2005, 06:27:01 AM »

If anyone's still interested, all dates for the Europe tour are now confirmed and on sale. Have a look at the official Queen site (www.queenonline.com) for details and purchasing. However, I think all of the UK dates are sold out already (having been on sale for just over an hour!) I'm going to the Newcastle show on 3/5/05
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 03:52:32 PM by Is he struggling? » Logged

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
captain_corona
Opening Act

Chinese Democracy Starts Now

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2005, 11:46:41 AM »

I got my tickets i'm going to the London gig on 11/5/05? Grin

if i could just say a few more words i'd be a better public speaker
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: