Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:16:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Most overrated Band ...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Most overrated Band ...  (Read 37396 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2003, 09:16:30 AM »

Geez.....this hatred for Nirvana! I like GNR and Nirvana, okay i like GNR more but Nirvana are pretty good ya know, to be fair i was never massively impressed with them when i first heard them but i dug out Nevermind the other day and it blew me away, i don't see why u can't like GNR and Nirvana just cos Kurt and Axl didn't get along.......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2003, 11:13:36 AM »

Nirvana, ahem.

Well...I don't hate them. However the thing is, "In Utero" is great. Yet so is "Vibrate You", but I don't see King Adora winning any polls?

Nirvana were the right band, in the right place, at the right time. And nothing more.

Do you know what word I associate with Nirvana's music? "Catchy". A lot of it is throwaway stuff. Nice shit to sing along to, yet dosn't have too much of an impact on you.
However, "In Utero" could be the exception there...

Oh, and I'll second that Bitchslap for whoever says that Pink Floyd and AC/DC are overrated.  Angry

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2003, 02:44:06 PM »

Used Illusions pretty much summed up my feelings on Nirvana. I think their songs are catchy, but they don't hit me on a personal level. They are fun, but not amazing.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2003, 06:41:54 PM »

Geez.....this hatred for Nirvana! I like GNR and Nirvana, okay i like GNR more but Nirvana are pretty good ya know, to be fair i was never massively impressed with them when i first heard them but i dug out Nevermind the other day and it blew me away, i don't see why u can't like GNR and Nirvana just cos Kurt and Axl didn't get along.......

It's nothing to do with the Axl/Kurt thing; the thread is about which bands we thing are over rated and most of us simply think its pretty absurd that nirvana constantly get classed as some brilliant band that were light years ahead of anything ever; when they obviously were not.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2003, 09:27:04 AM »

nirvana constantly get classed as some brilliant band that were light years ahead of anything ever; when they obviously were not.

So who has said that?. nirvana was a good band and got a good respect in puplic and media eyes. but I don't remember that everyone would have said really that they were light years ahead of anything...I don't recall that kind of sayings.
nirvana was a good band and they have a good songs. I think they earned their respect, although Kurt was an asshole..
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 09:28:34 AM by John Daniels » Logged
axlsgrrrl
braindead and happy
Rocker

do you wanna get rocked??

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2003, 08:35:34 PM »

overrated.. Van Halen and Metallica

underrated... Def Leppard

Discourage inbreeding.... ban country music
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2003, 08:11:43 PM »

I think that out of that list that Pearl Jam has to be the most overrated band, they just aren't that good.

Very flat and plain.... enough said.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2003, 03:31:50 PM »

The most over rated band in my opinion is: Metallica, once I heard they are the Zeppelins of the 80's, what kinda crap is that??

And the most under rated band is: Judas Priest!!, man this band kick some serius motherfucking and creepy ass!!!  peace

No man can be my equal
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2003, 10:05:34 PM »

Audioslave and pearl jam
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2003, 10:09:38 AM »

I have to say my choice is Kiss - i just really don't get them.  When your young you think ah they look like they could be cool (going by the pics of them).  

Then when you actually listen to them, it's just slushy pop sprayed sliver and covered in flames lol. Via their merchandise, they think they are star trek or something. con-mercial is the fucking word for them heh I even saw Kiss coffins the other day!?

Sorry i know they have alot of dedicated followers but i have tried and just dont get them.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
BabyJenks
Biker babe
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2003, 10:02:33 AM »

Van Halen and Kiss. Roll Eyes
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2004, 11:36:13 AM »

Metallica.
1.5 OK 10+ years old albums and for some twisted reason, people still remember those fucking idiots.

That sentence doesn't make sense.

If you ARE trying to say "why do people remember them for their old stuff?" then you clearly need to seek medical attention. I don't see how they are overated in any way because their first 3 albums (let-alone AJFA and Black) seemingly crush most other bands efforts.

Nirvana are definately overated as are the Beatles. Also, from what I have heard from AC/DC, they are overated aswell.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2004, 12:53:26 PM »

From that list, AC/DC and Nirvana are the most fucking overrated bands ever, closely followed by Led Zeppelin and Metallica. But these bands can't even hold a candle to the immense overated-ness of the most overrated band this planet has ever produced: U2!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2004, 01:02:45 PM »

From that list, AC/DC and Nirvana are the most fucking overrated bands ever, closely followed by Led Zeppelin and Metallica. But these bands can't even hold a candle to the immense overated-ness of the most overrated band this planet has ever produced: U2!

Led Zeppelin and Metallica aren't overated they are just extremely popular bands.

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2004, 01:06:12 PM »

I'm hesitant to jump on the trend and bash Metallica like everyone else. They were metal's heroes in the 80's! I wouldn't say they are Zeppelin caliber, but their old stuff is definitely not overrated! Hell, ...And Justice for All isn't given enough credit!  Their 90's stuff onward is the overrated crap, but nothing can take away from what they did in the 80's.

In my opinion, the Rolling Stones are hideously overrated. They somehow get thrown in the same league as the Beatles (also overrated, but not as highly as the Stones). The Rolling Stones were nothing special at all! They had 2 or 3 good songs and the rest was filler. Same thing with the Who, also very useless.
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2004, 01:21:17 PM »

I'm hesitant to jump on the trend and bash Metallica like everyone else. They were metal's heroes in the 80's! I wouldn't say they are Zeppelin caliber, but their old stuff is definitely not overrated! Hell, ...And Justice for All isn't given enough credit!  Their 90's stuff onward is the overrated crap, but nothing can take away from what they did in the 80's.

Exactly. People make out that Load/Re-Load/St Anger killed Metallica but what's important is how good their first 4/5 albums were, especially as Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets were as popular as they were (and are) through word-of-mouth.

jgfnsr
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2004, 02:12:10 PM »

Nirvana
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2004, 03:05:30 PM »

The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Aerosmith
Ozzy Osbourne
AC/DC
Van Halen
Metallica
Def Leppard
Nirvana
Pearl Jam

With the power of my mind I will deliver a list in order of most overratedness, with No.1 being the most overrated:

12.  Led Zeppelin
11.  Black Sabbath
10.  Metallica
9.  Aerosmith
8.  Pearl Jam
7.  The Rolling Stones
6.  Van Halen
5.  Def Leppard
4.  AC/DC
3.  The Beatles
2.  Ozzy Osbourne
1.  Nirvana

I'm only counting numbers 12-8 in this list because they're in the starting list, as none of these bands are overrated.  Numbers 7-1 are all definately overrated bands.  Nirvana were such a bollocks band.  I'll credit them for having a few good tunes, but they're so blatantly not the best band of the last 'any' years it makes me want to scream!  They were probably not even in the top 10 bands of the nineties.  They top this list by a country mile.

Ozzy is a sell-out now and he was nothing special after he left Sabbath.  He's always been carried by talented guitarists, from Iommi, through Rhoades to Wylde.  Vastly overrated and has become nothing more than sharon's corporate gimmick.

The Beatles were good, very good, but not as uber-talented as they're built up to be.

AC/DC - a good band no doubt, but not the kings of rock or anything.

Def Leppard - not done anything seriously good sinch Hsteria.  I have X... sounds like a boy band except they play their own instruments.

Van Halen, just sound so cheesy at times.  I list them this highly as a matter of taste if not that they're almost as much of a pop band as rockers.

Roling Stones - take away the swagger and what's left??  Never heard any outstanding MUSIC from them, which is surprising considering how much loved they are.

Thanks for reading - hopefully at least one person here agrees with me!!  If not, I don't care.  I'm right.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
nemo
Opening Act

just a little fish

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2004, 05:31:19 PM »

pink. fucking. floyd.

at least syd barret had a sense of humour, roger waters has his head so far up his own ass though, he thinks he's the plato of the 20th century or something

welcome to the dance, bitch
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2004, 05:49:09 PM »

The word 'sellout' was created to be tagged on to Ozzy Osbourne.
Prince of Darkness my ass, would the devil be advertising Children In Need? No offense to CIN, but come on, he doesn't even try.

The Osbournes is a fucking joke, all they do is make a fucking home-video and get a big, fat  fucking pay cheque from those bastards MTV.

I don't mean to include Metallica in all of my posts but I really don't know how people say they 'soldout' when the so-called 'king of metal' or whatever is selling quicker than the Guns N Roses concert at Madison Square Garden.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: