Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:10:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Fuck Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Oasis  (Read 32068 times)
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2006, 09:19:45 AM »

One of the reason they have sold so many albums - u got to love the way they don't give a damn about others views!

Ooh, such rebels. I, erm, admire them and stuff.

rofl
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2006, 12:45:17 AM »

This thread is arguably the most idiotic and pathetic thread ive ever read on the Internet, well done.  confused

well get the fuck outta here then!!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

go back n' put some more shit in ya hair n' go clubbing or somethin'!!!

just give up dude...........OASIS R' FUCKIN' PUSSIES!!!

THEY SUCK...............................id rather listen to myself suckin' the fart from a dead seagull then hear these fuckin' wankers again!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2006, 12:58:45 AM »

id rather listen to myself suckin' the fart from a dead seagull then hear these fuckin' wankers again!!

I would like to see a video of you doing this.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2006, 01:33:08 AM »

somethings r' better kept away from video tapes!!

thats evidence hihi

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2006, 01:48:20 AM »

well let me clarify that, a handful of people will remember manowar. Oasis will be etched in the memory society for generations.

exactly ... when you think of the major bands of the 90's then Oasis are certainly top 3 if not number one in the list, and number one definitely in the UK

What? Wow. Oasis remembered by society for generations?  hihi

Don't get me wrong.. im not saying Manowar will be remembered, but pleaseeeee. Talk about blind fandom. Remembered by society for generations.. pshhhh.. wow

I don't see why people put Oasis as their favorite band.. they're decent, but even they admit they just copy things and throw they're own spin on it. Whats so special about that?

Like I said, im not even aurguing for Manowar. Im just saying.. you people discredit people like Walk (& other Manowar fans.. but i forget their names) just because he has eccentric taste. Alot of what he says is true.. popularity really isn't anything. Good music is.

Oasis is decent, but definitly not worth the hype.

gnrevolution.com
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2006, 06:48:07 AM »

well let me clarify that, a handful of people will remember manowar. Oasis will be etched in the memory society for generations.

exactly ... when you think of the major bands of the 90's then Oasis are certainly top 3 if not number one in the list, and number one definitely in the UK

Don't get me wrong.. im not saying Manowar will be remembered, but pleaseeeee. Talk about blind fandom. Remembered by society for generations.. pshhhh.. wow

I don't see why people put Oasis as their favorite band.. they're decent, but even they admit they just copy things and throw they're own spin on it. Whats so special about that?

Like I said, im not even aurguing for Manowar. Im just saying.. you people discredit people like Walk (& other Manowar fans.. but i forget their names) just because he has eccentric taste. Alot of what he says is true.. popularity really isn't anything. Good music is.

How old are you? I doubt you were smart enough to be aware of anything around you in 1994. Oasis will always be remembered for the simple fact that they changed the fucking face of britain, and had a huge impact on the economy and youth. For that alone they will be rememered forever.

Its fine that you dont like them, but please try not to sound so clueless. Go read some books.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2006, 01:05:28 PM »

i dont understand why oasis were so popular here in the UK

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2006, 01:36:30 PM »

Well said by Liam - he's spot on too

"But they're loud and shit though, aren't they? They're just shit," Gallagher says emphatically.

Seated beside him, bassist Andy Bell is somewhat perplexed.

"Who are they anyway?" Bell asks. "Heavy metal?"

"Fuck Manowar," interjects Gallagher decisively.

One of the reason they have sold so many albums - u got to love the way they don't give a damn about others views! Rock n' roll!

I have every Oasis studio album, I love them. They are very straight forward rock n' roll. Man O War are the first Slipknot that didn't know they were Slipknot.

Too loud = Good? No it's shit.

Liam and Noel rule

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2006, 02:31:17 PM »

Man O War are the first Slipknot that didn't know they were Slipknot.

Interesting comment, what exactly does that mean?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2006, 03:10:35 PM »

How old are you? I doubt you were smart enough to be aware of anything around you in 1994. Oasis will always be remembered for the simple fact that they changed the fucking face of britain, and had a huge impact on the economy and youth. For that alone they will be rememered forever.

Its fine that you dont like them, but please try not to sound so clueless. Go read some books.

really?HuhHuh??

i thought Blur cjanged the face off music over there Tongue

or even happy mondays hihi

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2006, 03:17:08 PM »

How old are you? I doubt you were smart enough to be aware of anything around you in 1994.

How about 1982? Listen to Battle Hymns. There were no other bands like Manowar back then. They were one of the first American metal bands that didn't steal ideas from classic rock or NWOBHM. They put out the most interesting, original, if simple, American heavy metal a few years before thrash became popular. Before Metallica, there was Manowar.

Oasis will always be remembered for the simple fact that they changed the fucking face of britain, and had a huge impact on the economy and youth. For that alone they will be rememered forever.

Economy? Youth? It sounds like you're throwing the popularity argument out, and it has been debunked hundreds of times already. Just give it up. Grunge changed the face of America; does that automatically make it a good thing?

Not only do I not like Oasis, but they're objectively a mediocre band. Go listen to some music. Oasis lack originality and perspective. They were a reactionary band with little creativity.
JAC185
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2006, 03:22:32 PM »

How old are you? I doubt you were smart enough to be aware of anything around you in 1994.

How about 1982? Listen to Battle Hymns. There were no other bands like Manowar back then. They were one of the first American metal bands that didn't steal ideas from classic rock or NWOBHM. They put out the most interesting, original, if simple, American heavy metal a few years before thrash became popular. Before Metallica, there was Manowar.

Oasis will always be remembered for the simple fact that they changed the fucking face of britain, and had a huge impact on the economy and youth. For that alone they will be rememered forever.

Economy? Youth? It sounds like you're throwing the popularity argument out, and it has been debunked hundreds of times already. Just give it up. Grunge changed the face of America; does that automatically make it a good thing?

Not only do I not like Oasis, but they're objectively a mediocre band. Go listen to some music. Oasis lack originality and perspective. They were a reactionary band with little creativity.

Oasis strangely seem to save thier most creative and original work for b-sides or overlooked album tracks (although obviously they can't really decide which tracks are overlooked except by not playing them live), i can honestly say i think Lyla was the first single coz it was a safe choice, people would hear it and say 'thats Oasis' and buy it, whether it was good, or any different from the past.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2006, 04:34:28 PM »

I would respond to you in more detail grendood but other posters have made points before me.

I don't see the point in undermining my intelligence or age either. Doesn't make your aurguement look any more credible, but if a false sense of superiority helps you sleep at night...

Perhaps Oasis made some huge inpact on you, thats great, but they won't be remembered for "generations" (or "forever" as you said.) And thats a fact.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2006, 04:39:51 PM »

I'm a huge fan of classic heavy metal - Metallica, Maiden, Priest, Megadeth, Motley Crue, whatever. ?But even I can tell that Manowar are at most a mediocre, cheesy metal band. ?What Iron Maiden did so well - classic metal with amazing riffs, historically-themed lyrics, and a singer who could pull it off - Manowar comes off as a cheap imitation. ?Although they've done some stuff that I like - "Achilles, Agony and Ecstasy in Eight Parts", for example - precious few of their songs have any real worth. ?Eric Adams is a hilariously over-the-top vocalist. ?Guys like Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson can pull of the wailing metal singer bit with ease, but Adams is just a lame pastiche of that style.

By contrast, Oasis are one of my favourite bands, despite the fact that I listen to so much old heavy metal. ?And that's mainly because they write great songs. ?Noel Gallagher is one of the best songwriters of his generation; almost every song of his has a great catchy hook to it. ?Plus, I saw them live and they put on an incredible show. ?Even if you like Manowar, they've never done anything that can match Oasis's songs. ?Everybody knows "Wonderwall" - it's one of those timeless songs.

Skeletor and Metallifuck, I understand they're huge metalheads and if offered a choice between Manowar and Oasis they would go for the metal band and trash the other. ?But I think this is an example of genre blindness - preferring Manowar just because they're a metal band, despite the fact that they're a shitty metal band.
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2006, 04:46:56 PM »

I would respond to you in more detail grendood but other posters have made points before me.

I don't see the point in undermining my intelligence or age either. Doesn't make your aurguement look any more credible, but if a false sense of superiority helps you sleep at night...

Perhaps Oasis made some huge inpact on you, thats great, but they won't be remembered for "generations" (or "forever" as you said.) And thats a fact.

-jack

They will be remembered forever at least by The UK. FACT.

Their Impact on the UK was the biggest since the beatles. FACT.

Im not undermining you're intelligence, your views and opinions are clearly biased, as you obviously hate Oasis. FACT.

My opinions are also biased. FACT,

they did change my life as they did for millions of others. FACT. (see Knebworth)

ok

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2006, 05:01:50 PM »

For a couple decades? Sure.

Can't aurgue there.

Im not undermining you're intelligence, your views and opinions are clearly biased, as you obviously hate Oasis. FACT.

I don't hate Oasis. I just don't see what the big deal is/ why they think they're the best thing since sliced bread. In that sense im biased, yes.

peace

they did change my life as they did for millions of others. FACT. (see Knebworth)

I believe I did say, "perhaps Oasis made some huge impact on you"

In the end were not going to budge either way.. so...  peace

-jack

gnrevolution.com
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #176 on: March 20, 2006, 05:07:36 PM »

? ? -jack

ok

i know very little about manowar, by your guys descriptions i probably wont like them, not my scene. but since i know shit about them i aint gunna slag em off

however,oasis are fucking awesome. they kickstarted music again in the mid 90's and had a huge impact on so many people. DM is probably the album of the 90's and they defined the rock n roll attitude, i like oasis as much as gnr, seen em live twice n theyve blown me away each time!

they will be remebered in the uk forever, fact

That's a hatrick for Doull
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

But I think this is an example of genre blindness - preferring Manowar just because they're a metal band, despite the fact that they're a shitty metal band.

Huh? Did you ever stop to consider that maybe we DON'T think Manowar's a "shitty metal band"? And that despite your opinion, a lot of people actually think Eric Adams is an amazing vocalist, at times even more impressive and powerful than ole Mr. Dickinson.

I guess we just have really different tastes; you said one of the few things you like by Manowar is the half-hour tirade of "Achilles, Agony, ..." - well, to me it's the worst thing they've ever done.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2006, 12:45:57 AM »

....i just wanted this page to be up the top since i love the title!!!

yeah...FUCK OASIS!!! yes

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2006, 12:34:25 PM »

....i just wanted this page to be up the top since i love the title!!!

yeah...FUCK OASIS!!! yes

me 2

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: