Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:50:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  L.A Guns
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: L.A Guns  (Read 22984 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2007, 11:23:06 PM »

P.S. must confess i haven't heard any LA GUNS song yet

Do yourself a favor and go check out their first album. One of the best 80s hard-rock releases ever and a personal favorite of mine.

i think cocked and loaded was a great CD for the time. lots of good tunes off of that one.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2007, 05:21:05 AM »

cocked and loaded is my fav, the playing and riffs n such are better.

html sucks
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2007, 03:59:36 PM »

Shrinking Violet

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
guns_n_motley
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2007, 10:31:59 AM »

Tracii guns is a killer guitarist. its too bad axl didnt take him up on his offer to play with GNR.

here come the brides and waking the dead kick ass. wouldve given axl a more Heavy metal vibe
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2008, 05:52:14 PM »

What are their best albums besides the first 2? I have those.

They have like 10 albums and I don't know much about their other ones.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2008, 07:19:09 PM »

I was hoping that would be one of their weakest albums cos i think the album sucks apart from never enough but if that's regarded as one of their best,don't  think i'll be rushing to buy any of their other albums  no
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2008, 07:47:45 PM »

I was hoping that would be one of their weakest albums cos i think the album sucks apart from never enough but if that's regarded as one of their best,don't  think i'll be rushing to buy any of their other albums  no

are you SURE you bought the CORRECT version....theres two of them...one is a terribly redone version...

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2008, 07:50:12 PM »

What are their best albums besides the first 2? I have those.

They have like 10 albums and I don't know much about their other ones.

two more after that have the original line up. after that phils gone, and the bass player (one of the main song writers) is also gone.

Hollywood vampires is very different from the first two albums, the metal influence is gone. And the guitar tones are different, kinda semi acoustic, sort of reminds me of the stones type tones, but there are some good tracks on the album still.

The album after that is a band trying to cope with the changed music scene and the material on there isnt focused, you get all sorts, give it a listen i cant really give you an opinion on it. You must hear it to judge.

After that, line up changes etc. They reunited with phil and did a covers album i think and a (great) live album. Then they fell out again and are touring seperate.

html sucks
guns_n_motley
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2008, 10:31:57 PM »

waking the dead is a good album
Jizzo
Legend

« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2008, 11:41:05 PM »

all are good albums

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2008, 07:58:06 AM »

all are good albums

since your name is jizzo, im going to assume you like jizzy pearl.

Whats the LA guns album like with him on vocals?

html sucks
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2008, 11:49:31 AM »

the only album i have heard of theirs is hollywood vampires, and i really like it

dirty luv, over the edge, kiss my love goodbye, here it comes, its over now, crystal eyes all great songs  ok

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
axlstillkicksass
Opening Act

Chinese Democracy Starts Soon...

« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2008, 06:25:32 PM »

tales from the strip is a great record.
its from the Phil Lewis version of la guns with Stacey Blades on guitar
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2008, 07:55:38 PM »

Uhm, I just looked at the pictures of Rocklahoma at Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gallery/21829907/rocklahoma_2008

Since when has Marty Casey (of Rockstar: INXS) been singing for L.A. Guns?  How did I miss this?
Jizzo
Legend

« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2008, 09:31:32 PM »

all are good albums

since your name is jizzo, im going to assume you like jizzy pearl.

Whats the LA guns album like with him on vocals?

shrinking violet

Jizzo
Legend

« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2008, 09:32:09 PM »

Since when has Marty Casey (of Rockstar: INXS) been singing for L.A. Guns?  How did I miss this?

since paul black went and played a show as la guns without tracii and then tracii fired him

guns_n_motley
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2008, 11:38:19 PM »

since about a month ago...they recorded a new cd to be out in 2009...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2008, 07:41:45 AM »

I was hoping it was fairly recent.  Otherwise, I thought I would've picked up on it beforehand.   Kind of a weird choice for Casey, it seems.  I remember him being a solid vocalist, but never would have put the two together like that....
guns_n_motley
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2008, 10:32:49 AM »

I was hoping it was fairly recent.  Otherwise, I thought I would've picked up on it beforehand.   Kind of a weird choice for Casey, it seems.  I remember him being a solid vocalist, but never would have put the two together like that....

heres some video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK3dULzhBZs
"never enough"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqKrCDq4K9w
Trees
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2008, 01:25:37 PM »

Two tickets to the Guns show

August 6, 2008

By Steven Patrick

Some bands simply do not get the respect and credit they deserve. LA Guns fits that mold. Along with such notorious contemporaries like Guns N' Roses and Motley Crue, LA Guns and their founder/lead guitarist Tracii Guns were there at the epicenter of Hollywood's Sunset Strip glam metal scene. LA Guns and Axl Rose's band Hollywood Rose merged to form Guns N' Roses. Therefore, Tracii was the first lead guitarist in Guns N' Roses before leaving to reform LA Guns. Guns' departure was one of the first casualties of GNR's heavy drug usage. Guns was then replaced on guitar by some guy in a top hat.

The reformed LA Guns then rose to fame alongside Guns N' Roses in the late eighties, peaking with the success of their 1989 album "Cocked and Loaded." The album yielded LA Guns' biggest hits with songs like "Never Enough," "Rip and Tear," and "The Ballad of Jayne." Numerous lineup changes have since dotted their past, but LA Guns has never failed to deliver the goods. Currently there are two rival lineups of the band in existence, but it's the writer's opinion that there is no such thing as LA Guns without the Guns man himself. Tracii was kind enough to answer a few questions concerning the current tour with Faster Pussycat, a local connection within the current lineup, and what we can expect from LA Guns in the future.

UW: I hear one of the band members is from the area?

Yeah, Chad [Stewart, the drummer]. He's from Zanesville, OH?real close to the Columbus area. Chad'll have a bunch of fans and old high school girlfriends showing up. *laughs* You never know with Chad. High school boyfriends?girlfriends?you never know. *laughs*

UW: So which came first, LA Guns or Hollywood Rose?

LA Guns came first, and then I hooked up with Axl [Rose]. We started Guns N' Roses. He had his band, Hollywood Rose, and I had LA Guns. Axl actually sang in LA Guns before Guns N' Roses. LA Guns started in high school with some friends?started playing around in the garage. Then I drew up an LA Guns logo on a blank record and thought that that was the coolest thing I'd ever seen in my life?and stuck with it ever since.

UW: What kind of stuff were you listening to when you started the band?

Well, LA Guns started out a cross between Led Zeppelin and the Sex Pistols?with a little bit of Aerosmith thrown in there?and a lot of Motley Crue. *laughs*

UW: Did the band name come from your stage name, or the other way around?

Uh, some chick gave me my name. Yeah, she just walked up to me and called me "Mr. Guns" one day, and that's been my name ever since.

UW: What was Rocklahoma [an annual festival of '80s-era rock] like this year?

This year it was very muddy. It was Flood-lahoma?lots of rain, and we got out of there just before the storms hit. Two of the side stages got wiped out. Tornados. It was like Oklahoma had a monsoon.

UW: The members of LA Guns and Faster Pussycat know each other pretty well, don't they?

Yeah, back in the day, Faster Pussycat and LA Guns started about the same time. Then there were members in LA Guns and members in Faster Pussycat that were starting bands together, and then now there are members in LA Guns and members in Faster Pussycat that are still playing together. It's just one big?you know?incestual orgy. *laughs* It's Rockla-homo!

UW: So is there ever any confusion between you guys and the other version of LA Guns that currently exists?

Oh no, we don't ever get confused. We always know where our shows are at. *laughs* No, well, maybe the same people show up to their shows too, but we always have a great crowd, and everyone seems to understand what's going on. Fans of this stuff?they read on the internet and they know everything that's going on.

UW: Can we expect a record from the Tracii Guns-led lineup of LA Guns?

Yeah, we just finished recording a record up in Ontario, Canada with producer Steve Thompson. We were up there for about two and a half months recording. It should be out probably early March of '09.

UW: With recent news that Steven Adler [original GNR drummer] is back in rehab, what's it like being one of the few veterans of the '80s LA rock scene that made it out alive?

It's good to keep the name going and keep the band strong. That's how I've been able to do it for the last twenty years. Some of those guys?some of those guys just seem to keep falling and some of us just keep moving on.

LA Guns will be playing at Cardo's in Chillicothe, OH on Monday, August 11 at 8 p.m. For more information, please visit www.lagunslive.com or www.gocardos.com.

http://uweekly.com/newsmag/08-06-2008/8942

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: