Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:18:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Black Label Society Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Black Label Society Thread  (Read 41703 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #180 on: November 11, 2009, 01:10:24 PM »

ZAKK WYLDE DISHES ON OZZY SPLIT

Zakk Wylde, who recently spoke of his new Disciple and Bullseye Guitars, talked about his split with Ozzy Osbourne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQOtz4u94Go

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2009, 01:22:45 PM »

WYLDE: 'I ALMOST DIED'

Rocker ZAKK WYLDE nearly died after he was diagnosed with a rare blood clotting disorder in August (09).

The Black Label Society musician, Ozzy Osbourne's former sideman, was forced to pull his band off the bill of the Pedal To The Metal Tour earlier this year (09) when he was hospitalised in Eugene, Oregon.

Wylde is now on a 12-month course of medication and has to provide blood samples every two weeks to monitor the genetic condition.
The rocker has also been placed on an alcohol ban, and although he insists he won't drink booze, he refuses to shelve his rock star lifestyle.
He says, "I nearly f**king croaked (died). The doctors told me the clots passed through my heart three times and should have killed me. How do I feel? Relieved!

"That party's over (drinking alcohol)... Within the last few years I've had throat surgery, an umbilical hernia, cracked my spine, broken a rib and torn cartilage. I'll still do the same bulls**t I did before. It's not like I had this amazing epiphany. That's for f**king douchebags! Every day I'm grateful for everything I've got."

01 December 2009 16:24

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2009, 01:38:28 PM »

Zakk Wylde: 'Without Ozzy, There'd Be No Zakk Wylde; No Black Label'

12/17/2009

Good to hear you?ll be around for a while. Which means having to deal with the Ozzy situation. What happened? Why would he want to replace you?

Well, you know, I love Ozz and I?ve always got his back so whatever it is he wants to do. Without Ozzy, there?d be no Zakk Wylde; there?d be no Black Label. When Ozz would do the Sabbath stuff, he?d say, ?Guys, I?m going away for a while; I?m gonna be doing Sabbath.? This is back when Mike [Bordin] joined Alice in Chains and I started doing the P&G stuff even before Black Label. He was like, ?Guys if anything comes up, you guys should do somethin? because I don?t know how long I?ll be with the guys [Sabbath]. It could be a year or two years.?

Ozz has always been cool. Even when we did Down to Earth Ozz was like, ?Zakk, I write these songs with all these other guys and I don?t want to fuckin? rewrite a whole record. Can you just come in and wail on the fuckin? songs and shit like that? And we?ll go out on the road.? And I said, ?Yeah, Ozz, no problem; whatever the fuck you want to do, man.?

It didn?t bother you that Ozzy was auditioning other guitar players and didn?t really say anything to you?

I mean with us there?s never any arguments; there?s no fights or nothing. It?s just, ?What do you want to do, Steve?? It?s like, ?Ahh, Zakk, I want to go jam with these guys now.? It?s like with Slash and Scottie and all the guys and if they?re gonna stop doing Velvet Revolver for a while. And then Scott is going to do Stone Temple Pilots; Duff is gonna do Loaded; Slash is gonna do his solo thing; Matt?s gonna be jammin? with the Cult again and then they?re gonna get back together. It?s just like no big deal. It?s like Genesis ? there?s Mike and the Mechanics and Phil is doing his solo thing and the keyboard player is doing movie soundtracks. And then it?s like, ?Let?s get back together and do a fuckin? album.?

I love Ozz and Sharon; Sharon is like my mother. Barbara Ann [Zakk?s wife] still hangs out with Sharon all the time. They go to Dancing With the Stars to see Kelly and all that shit. They hang out and have lunch and just chill and have a good time.

I always told everybody when the day would come when Ozz would say, ?I don?t feel like doin? this shit no more.? What are you supposed to do? But you better figure somethin? out. You know what I mean?

Certainly Ozzy has every right to play with a new guitar player. But he didn?t even tell you to your face what he was doing and that seems wrong.

Neil Zlozower [photographer] was doing a photo shoot with Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley and he heard that I wasn?t playing with Ozzy anymore. And I just go, ?That?s cool.? I guess if Uncle Gene says that, I?m not playing with him anymore. People were asking and I?d go, ?Fuck if I know, dude.? Because I was out on the road anyway doing Black Label shit. The last show I did with Ozz was with Metallica down in Dallas and that was already a year ago in June. And obviously Mike was out with Faith No More.

I remember it was during last year?s [baseball] playoffs when the Dodgers were playing the Phillies and that?s when we were over at Ozzy?s just throwing riffs down and Mike was over there and just fuckin? wailin? every day. We were just recording shit and I did like 16 or 18 songs. So we had that and I figured when we were off the road, it was like, ?Oh, yeah, Ozz will have a chance to put some vocals down or whatever.? The game plan was to get that done, another Black Label album, and start touring again.

But I didn?t know. I talked to Ozz and I was like, ?Hey, buddy, what are you doing?? And he goes, ?Oh, Zakk, I just wanted to say thanks because I know your time is fuckin? crazy with everything that?s going on.? I go, ?Let?s don?t make a big deal out of it, Ozzy.? I was in the middle of doing shows that we were doing [with BLS] and I had already committed to the guys to doing the shows. I was gonna blow one of the shows off and fly down and do this show with Ozzy, knock that out, and then the next day fly back out on the road and do another Black Label gig on the Pedal to the Metal tour.

So Ozzy found another guitar player for the show.

Yeah, Ozz was like, ?Zakk, I think on this one I?m just gonna use somebody else.? I said, ?Oh, okay, Ozz, no fuckin? problem. Just let me know if you ever need me you know where I?m at. I?m a phone call away. I love you, bro.? And that was about it, man.

Have you heard Gus G. play?

I?m sure he can fuckin? wail if he?s got to play Randy?s stuff and Jake?s shit. Obviously he knows what the fuck he?s doin?.

He?s a good guitar player.

Cool; good for him. It was just like when Joe Holmes was playing and if Gus is gonna be jamming or anybody, I wish them all the fuckin? best. If you?re gonna be playing with Ozzy, I hope you have as good a time as I did. Or just a quarter of it would be fuckin? slammin?, dude.

Continue here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/zakk_wylde_without_ozzy_thered_be_no_zakk_wylde_no_black_label.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2009, 02:52:42 PM »

From Zakk Wylde:

OZBLS Ozzy just said what the fuck are you doing Jackass!!!!!!

Lou we fire up THE BLACK LABEL MACHINE mid Jan. In THE BLACK LABEL BUNKER

The next BLACK LABEL BLITZKRIEG TOUR well be hittin everywhere WORLDWIDE for well over a Year

THE BLITZKRIEG CAMPAIGN WILL COMMENCE Jan/Feb Record March mix April promo May rehersals Jun D DAY tSDMFt

3 minutes ago from Twittelator

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2009, 03:56:20 PM »

From Zakk Wylde:

THE BLITZKRIEG CAMPAIGN WILL COMMENCE Jan/Feb Record March mix April promo May rehersals Jun D DAY tSDMFt[/b]

3 minutes ago from Twittelator

^ What he means...Cheesy

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY: New Album Tentatively Due In June - Dec. 30, 2009

Zakk Wylde has set out the following timetable for BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's activities over the course of the coming months:

January-February: New CD Recording
March: Mixing
April: Promotional Activities
May: Tour Rehearsals
June: New Album Release

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132694

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2010, 05:33:12 PM »

drummer Craig Nunenmacher quit the band
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2010, 07:31:08 PM »

One of the best fucking bands ever. Any plans on a new album?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #187 on: February 08, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »

One of the best fucking bands ever. Any plans on a new album?
yup, in the end of december the tentative plan for an album release was june 2010, could have changed but i guess summer/late summer/fall
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #188 on: February 08, 2010, 07:37:29 PM »

is there a title for the album?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2010, 11:57:13 AM »

is there a title for the album?
not that i've seen..
just read this "twit" from zakk:
ZakkWyldeBLS
Yeah BLACK LABEL is gonna fire up the Machine in June ... Start Recording new Album this Month
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #190 on: May 05, 2010, 12:18:39 PM »

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY has set "Order Of The Black" as the
title its new studio album, due in North America on August 10 via E1
Music. The CD will be made available in Europe through Roadrunner
Records and in Australia and New Zealand via Riot! Entertainment.

^from their facebook
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2010, 12:29:03 PM »

Fuck yes!

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2010, 04:20:33 PM »

Fuck yes!
appearantly we'll get a single in june!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2010, 02:34:19 PM »

89.5 FM WSOU Dont make any plans this weekend, because Steve Stracq will be interviewing Zakk Wylde and JD of the Black Label Society this saturday at 6:00PM, and WSOU will be one of the first stations in the world to premier a brand new track off their forthcoming album "Order Of the Black"!!!

4 hours ago

Station link: http://www.wsou.net/

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #194 on: June 16, 2010, 02:37:16 PM »

Black Label Society - Parade Of The Dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuCtL5SrW94

it's now on itunes as well
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #195 on: June 16, 2010, 04:55:15 PM »

Black Label Society - Parade Of The Dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuCtL5SrW94

it's now on itunes as well

Thanks, the stream that was posted was removed.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2010, 07:19:21 PM »

Zakk Wylde: Back with Black

Andrew Vaughan | 07.07.2010

As Zakk Wylde gears up for a new tour and the release of Black Label Society?s new album, Order of the Black, Metal Hammer?s newly anointed ?Golden God? and Revolver?s ?Best Guitarist? has been chatting about the new record, the split with Ozzy, quitting the drink and Justin Bieber.

Wylde, a prodigiously talented kid who was dragged from a gas station and thrust in front of the world by his metal mentor Ozzy Osbourne, who became one of hard rock?s most decorated and accomplished guitarists, not to mention the founder of the ?ber successful Black Label Society, had a setback or two last year.

Doctors discovered blood clots in his leg. ?The doc was like, ?You have, what, a drink a day?? Six? 12? A case?? I?m like, ?It?s a liquid diet,?? Wylde says, laughing. ?I mean, I?d drink beer while lifting weights. That?s Black Label Society style for you right there. But the doc told me if I kept this up, I?d be dead by the time I was 50. So I stopped drinking. No big deal.?

More unexpected perhaps was news that Osbourne, Wylde?s boss and mentor since 1988, wanted a new guitarist. ?I heard that, and to me, hey, the glass was half-full,? he says. ?It?s like, thanks for letting me be there for 23 years! I?ll always cherish that. What more could Ozzy do for me at this point?? Wylde is genuinely appreciative of everything Ozzy did for him and Black label Society will perform on this summer?s Ozzfest tour before heading out on their own. ?I look at it this way: instead of 24-7, Black Label Society is now my life 25-8.?

Order of the Black, the band?s eighth album, continues Wylde?s love of melody-stuffed, song-led rock. The first single, ?Parade of the Dead,? features some incredible shredding from Wylde described by one online fan as ?a bit Randy Rhoads-ian. I love it!?

Wylde recorded the new album ? available August 10 ? with bandmate JD DeServio and new drummer Will Hunt in his home studio, a.k.a. the Black Label Bunker. ?I gutted the whole place, made it state-of-the-art, mixed and recorded there ? the whole thing came out slammin?,? Wylde says. He plans on recording bands there for his own record label, Panworkz.

As a whole, the album is a logical continuation of the Black Label Society ethos.

?It?s just whatever the songs are,? Wylde says. ?I hate bands who are like ?This is our heaviest yet?? so it?s just picking and screaming now? Or, ?This is the fastest guitar playing I?ve ever done.? Then you?re listening to notes. My favorite artists ? Zeppelin, Sabbath, Elton John ? the whole thing is songs. Back in Black wasn?t the heaviest or most vulgar AC/DC album ? it has the best songs.?

Every guitar god has a signature guitar and Wylde, of course, has many. They include an Epiphone Flying V and the unmistakable Gibson Les Paul Bull?s-eye, as played on stage recently by Justin Bieber guitarist Dan Kanter ? something Wylde appreciated no end. ?Right now, I think a bunch of people see me on stage and think I?m playing a Dan Kanter guitar,? he says, laughing. ?All I know is, right after that photo came out of him with that guitar, our Twitter feed went from 20,000 to like 18 million. We?re bringing a lot of young chicks into the dark side.?

Wylde will head out on the road later this year on the inaugural Black Label Berzerkus tour, featuring a number of heavy bands he?s befriended over the years, including Clutch, Children of Bodom and 2cents. ?I?m always running into them, and I thought it would be an awesome excuse to get together,? he says. ?It?s going to be a tour of insanity, drunkenness (well, not for me) and dysfunction, that?s for sure.?

Catch Zakk and crew while you can, the always tongue-in-cheek metal deity says he may disappear for a while after this tour. ?I was gone for four years before this album, and suddenly I?m a Golden God and metal?s Best Guitarist. Next time I?m gonna go away for 15 years and come back with a Pulitzer and a Nobel Peace Prize.?

Black Label Society, ?Parade of the Dead?

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/black-label-society-0707/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #197 on: August 05, 2010, 03:50:14 PM »

Here's an interview with Zakk Wylde conducted by EMP, he answers fan questions.

EMP Interviewed Zakk Wylde of Black Label Society, In London on 23rd July 2010 the day before he played the High Voltage Festival. EMP -- Europe's largest Rock and Metal Mail Order company, asked their customers across Europe to submit questions to Zakk. The best questions were selected from the thousands submitted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA307aqwe80

This is sped up video of him signing merch. to "Parade Of The Dead".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-wOXi1eGZ4

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2010, 04:33:46 PM »

Wed 18 Aug 2010

Zakk Wylde on his new album, post-Ozzy life

"My relationship with Oz is just the same as it's ever been. Just the other night, me and Barb went out to dinner with Ozzy and Sharon. We went out to a steakhouse and laughed our asses off, you know? Everything's cool with us. It's like with your parents: nothing's changed, except you don't live at home anymore.

"People think that this is some nasty thing or had to be like some sort of Slash and Axl situation. It's not. I remember Ozzy saying years ago, 'Zakk, I don't want to be the lead singer in Black Label.' I have to respect the way he feels and how he hears things.

"And listen, without Oz, I wouldn't be doing any of the things I'm doing. I've got my own label, Panworkz; I'm going to be coming out with Black Label beef jerky, coffee, beer; I'm working on opening up Black Label pubs - you know, like sports bars with live entertainment; I'm working on a movie script and a coffee table book. I'm booked solid, man, and none of it would be happening without Oz. So God bless him, you know what I mean? He's the best."

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/zakk-wylde-on-his-new-album-post-ozzy-life-andjustin-bieber-272161/4

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2010, 01:28:56 PM »

Undecided

Vote Zakk Wylde for?Dancing with the Stars?

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/vote-zakk-wylde-1213/

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: