Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:20:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Download Festival 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download Festival 2007  (Read 31456 times)
mikesc
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 10:47:38 AM »

Compared to last year pretty much all of the European festivals have a crap lineup (except a few bands). I still hope Aerosmith will be at Rock am Ring.  peace
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 11:14:56 AM »

Aerosmith are imminently about to announce their world tour (from their website I got this) so would place a bet on their own stadium shows as opposed to festivals.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 06:45:58 AM »

ah wicked news - thanks Calcy!  maybe it will be new Wembley stadium!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2007, 03:37:10 PM »

So back on the Positive track, who from this board besides me is actually intending to go.....(Note: If you think the bands suck and just feel like posting, "They all suck i'm defo not going", hold that thought, take a step back and for once think of something intelligent to post)
Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 04:18:27 PM »

So back on the Positive track, who from this board besides me is actually intending to go.....(Note: If you think the bands suck and just feel like posting, "They all suck i'm defo not going", hold that thought, take a step back and for once think of something intelligent to post)

Yeah, I think I'll be going. Well, in fact I've already booked a hotel in Derby just in case. Although I might end up camping, I don't know.

Anyway, if the efestivals.co.uk rumours are true (and apparently they have good sources), The Cult on Friday, Motley Crue on Saturday and Iron Maiden on Friday, plus Marilyn Mason already do it for me.

Btw, are you gonna speak more than two words to me this year?? hihi

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 04:22:50 PM »

"Hey, I'm Stoned"

That's more than two. Tongue

Although i can't remember whether i actually said that or not  hihi

I blame my inability to roll out doors, that forced me to roll before the day began, and every time i roll 2 i smoke 1 at least so i had to roll and smoke for a long time, so i was out of it by the time i arrived on that day haha.

But yeah, this year, i'll be a lot better.

Rather than stopping at a mate's nearby i'm pretty sure i will be camping, so yeah, it's all good...
anythinggoes
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 04:24:47 PM »

Yeah, I think I'll be going. Well, in fact I've already booked a hotel in Derby just in case. Although I might end up camping, I don't know.

Anyway, if the efestivals.co.uk rumours are true (and apparently they have good sources), The Cult on Friday, Motley Crue on Saturday and Iron Maiden on Friday, plus Marilyn Mason already do it for me.

Stoned - Im Stoned

Graciela - Yeah i can see

tumbleweed......... end of conversation

Graciela turns back to watch Bullet For my Valentine
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 04:28:06 PM »

Stoned - Im Stoned
It was definately more....."I am Stoned"....3 Words Tongue
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2007, 05:19:07 PM »

You can vote for my band to play Download here - http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=1235299  HELP US OUT MAN!
Graciela
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 02:43:25 PM »

You can vote for my band to play Download here - http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=1235299? HELP US OUT MAN!

Done.

A couple of new rumours from efestivals.co.uk: Smashing Pumpkins and Velvet Revolver

Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007, 09:51:03 AM »

We need loads more votes  Sad

C'mon guys it only takes a minute to register and vote....... ok
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 09:26:20 AM »

how many do you need?

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
anythinggoes
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 02:58:34 PM »

This year's already impressive line-up is being added to - we're excited to announce that Grammy winners Wolfmother, Slayer, Marilyn Manson, Killswitch Engage and Bring Me The Horizon have just been confirmed to play Download 2007.

The mighty Wolfmother make their debut at Download this year, their performance will be one of unforgettable proportions. Meanwhile, Slayer's monumental live show will justify why this is amazingly their sixth time at Donington Park. Tom Araya of the band said ?Be prepared to enter the abyss and expect no mercy.?

Self-proclaimed ?Antichrist Superstar?, Marilyn Manson is among the most notorious and controversial entertainers of our generation. Making a return to the festival for a 2nd time (2003 being the other), he will take to the stage on the Saturday night. Manson has revealed ?I have a responsibility to make the music loud again, so that we won't hear the world coming to an end."

Killswitch Engage are one of the most important metalcore acts of the millennium. After a phenomenal Download debut in 2005, the band return due to popular demand. And to finish this week's announcement; despite only forming in March 2004, Bring Me The Horizon made their Download Festival debut in 2005. After triumphantly inciting moshers from all over Donington Park, Bring Me The Horizon return with their unique brand of deathcore. Catch their brutally energetic live show at Download this year.
Graciela
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2007, 08:45:01 AM »

More bands confirmed:

Velvet Revolver
Korn
Dragon Force
Devildriver
Lamb of God
Dimmu Borgir

SIX NEW BANDS ADDED WITH JUST 100 DAYS TO GO!

The first major festival of the season arrives in just 100 days and we are excited to announce the next six bands added to the already exceptional line-up are Korn, Velvet Revolver, Dragonforce, Devildriver, Lamb of God and Dimmu Borgir.

Korn?s Download 2006 set saw vocalists from Ten Years, DevilDriver, Skindred, Stone Sour and Trivium fill the breach when Jonathan Davis was taken ill at the eleventh hour. Determined to give the performance the fans were waiting for last year Jonathan Davis explains, "I am so looking forward to coming to the Download Festival this year. I was heartbroken to pull out last time. So this time I am very happy to be coming back and we promise to rock the place! I will definitely make-up for missing the last one. You can expect an amazing Korn show!"

Velvet Revolver lead singer Scott Weiland said - "I have to say, I'm a big proponent of "the true rock and roll extravaganza". Although I might have to add that the Download Festival might have been a better handle".

Dragonforce return for the second time with guitarist Herman Li saying ?We've had so many requests from fans asking us play to Download this year, and Dragon Force is always up for a free piss up, so there is no way we can let our fans down.  We?re really looking forward to coming back for another rampage with more songs at Download 2007!?
Hard-as-nails metallic maelstrom DevilDriver make their second appearance and Dez Fafara says ?It?s a privilege and an honour to be playing at this year?s Download.  We had such a great time last year and the excitement in the DevilDriver camp is overwhelming about playing again this year!  We are going to unleash a ferocious monster on the festival so get ready for the biggest fuckin? circle pit in history!?

Vocalist Randy Blythe of Lamb of God, returns for the second year saying ?The first time we played Download is one of my personal career highlights. To come back two years later will be even f*cking better. Britain might sink this time ? be warned?.

And last but not least Dimmu Borgir make their Donington Park debut with Silenoz announcing ?We?ve been looking forward to do this for many years and now it?s finally happening! We?re hoping the Diaboli Horde will turn up manifold in support of our first festival appearance on English soil!?

From www.downloadfestival.co.uk

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 11:32:13 AM »

Sweet.  Well the "Big" bands have been covered now, looking forward to Maiden, Slayer (Who have been at like 3 festivals i've been to and somehow i ALWAYS miss them) and Velvet Revolver.  I'm holding out hoping Wyndorf sorts himself out and Monster Magnet get added, can't see it though, i would love to see Orange Goblin get a slot and maybe Hardcore Superstar...

...Going off the thread activity the HTGTH representation looks low this year, maybe that stoner cunt Arron can roll by again Cheesy
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2007, 07:34:02 AM »

There are some great bands this year, but the lineup still lacks a little something for me.  They only got one of the headliners right.  I can't get over how nearly every year there's at least one headliner that totally sucks; this year there are two that suck, I don't need to name them.  I'd be over the moon if Megadeth or GN'R were to be there and book a ticket asap.  VR and Maiden would be my reasons for attending from what they've announced so far, with Slayer being a nice bonus.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2007, 10:21:20 AM »

dude it would be sweet if rage guns and bls played there the same day.

Graciela
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2007, 04:28:09 PM »

And some more bands confirmed:

93 DAYS TO GO: MORE LEGENDS AND NEWCOMERS ADDED TO DOWNLOAD 2007

The countdown continues to the first major festival of the season and with 93 days to go Download Festival is thrilled to announce the addition of seven more bands ranging from legendary status to the cream of the new breed.

EVANESCENCE make their 2nd appearance at this years Festival. Amy Lee's beautiful melodies, compelling lyrics, poignant piano and stunning vocals, fused with Terry Balsamo's urgent, yet intricate guitar, form a seamless, ethereal mixture that perfectly channels Evanescence?s hard rock and classical sensibilities.

As one of the most influential bands of the '80s, MOTLEY CRUE return to Donington Park for the third time, although this will be the first time for 17 years. The original line of Nikki Six, Vince Neil, Mick Mars and Tommy Lee are guaranteed to bring the flamboyance and raw power to the stage that has won them so many fans over the years.

Tipped for big things in 2007, GALLOWS have captured the imaginations of rock/indie critics alike, never straying from their hardcore roots. Bassist Stuart Dili-Ross enthused "Playing Download is a really big deal for us! Download and Donington are like legendary historical events and its insane to be involved, rather than just going and partying and watching bands like we were a couple of years ago. Cant f**ing wait".

This will be 30 SECONDS TO MARS? Donington debut. Jared Leto (vocals and guitar) and his brother, Shannon, set up the band as a small family project, things started rolling pretty quickly and before they knew it there was a massive demand for their self-titled debut album. Their second album, A Beautiful Lie, debuted in the US Billboard chart top 40 and has sold around a million copies.

ENTER SHIKARI made their Download festival debut in 2006. Tipped by the BBC as ?The sound of 2007?, and ?Ones To Watch in 2007? by numerous areas of the media. Lead singer Rou said ?Download is going to be mega! To play it is out of this world. I'm gonna to do 10 Barbara Windsor?s before I go on stage and then clout Chris Batten (bass) in his trout claspers. That will put him out of action for the weekend. Killer."

This is the 3rd time MACHINE HEAD will make an appearance at Donington Park, their last triumphant performance in 2004 saw them voted Band Of The Day on the official Download Festival website. Guitarist Phil Demmel said, ?Machine Head is totally stoked to get back to Download. Download 2004 was the highlight of my musical career so far, so we look forward to increasing on that. The UK rocks... And Download rules!!?

BOWLING FOR SOUP return to Download for their 3rd appearance after a hiatus in 2006. Jeret Reddick said ?We couldn't be more excited about our return to Download... the caliber of the bands and the diversity of the music and music fans makes it one of the best weekends ever... not to mention there is free beer if you play and the occasional sandwich, which would be reason enough to play, even if they didn't pay us... now all I have to do is try and be sober enough to remember seeing Slayer!!!?

www.downloadfestival.co.uk

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2007, 04:52:44 PM »

i hope crue tour in other places too lol.

html sucks
angie62
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 06:31:20 PM »

Im going to download along with my husband a our 3 kids ages 20, 18 & 15. I love velvet revolver and mcr!!! husband maiden fan and kids korn, linkin park and others, so the varied line up is catering to us all.  Stop moaning you dont have to see the bands you dont care for but dont spoil it for others, we've all paid our money to have a good time, enjoy people!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: