Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:17:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pink Floyd
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pink Floyd  (Read 36694 times)
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« on: August 30, 2004, 01:21:58 PM »

The original film is a classic. I wish other bands had this kind of originality and wish this band still did....
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 04:35:29 PM by The New Fiona Apple » Logged

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 02:23:44 PM »

It is a great video, though some of the music gets a little too... "far out" for me.  The studio footage of them working on Dark Side of the Moon is cool.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 05:23:18 PM »

is this a live dvd? what songs does it have? I?ve never ever seen it, not that I remember.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 01:08:11 AM »

Pink Floyd's Live At Pompeii is a real , mind fucker live concert of all time, i love the concept of it, as usual nobody but The Floyd could do it. ok

If the world would end today... Wink
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 02:09:01 AM »

is this a live dvd? what songs does it have? I?ve never ever seen it, not that I remember.

It's not a live DVD in the traditional sense if that's what you mean. It's a very "artsy" performance. It's basically them performing their more "spacey" songs in an empty ancient amphitheatre while various visual effects are shown throughout. They also have clips of them being interviewed and working on DSOTM throughout the dvd.

The tracklisting is:

Echoes Part I
Careful with that Axe, Eugene
A Saucerful of Secrets
Us and Them
One of These Days
Mademoiselle Nobs
Brain Damage
Set The Controls For The Heart of the Sun
Echoes Part II

The New Fiona Apple, I love that photo of Roger at the gong.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 04:26:08 AM »

i bought the DVD afew weeks ago, unreal!! yes ok

i cant stand Roger Waters, musics biggest "LOOK AT ME GIVE ME CREDIT" wanker on Earth!!
other then that, it kicks arse!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 01:22:17 AM »

i cant stand Roger Waters, musics biggest "LOOK AT ME GIVE ME CREDIT" wanker on Earth!!

Wrong!

You have no idea what Roger Waters is about!!   IF he were like that he would be on fuckin MTv!  rant

ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 02:11:30 AM »

wrong you are,

MTV didnt excist back then anyway, Roger Waters was an amazing writer and composer,
he was just a fucking arsehole, just ask David, Nick and Richard, those three dispise him.

Just look at his DVD for shits sake, all Pink Floyd songs under his name, i dont have time for people who spit on their fans either rant rant

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 12:18:19 PM »

wrong you are,

MTV didnt excist back then anyway, Roger Waters was an amazing writer and composer,
he was just a fucking arsehole, just ask David, Nick and Richard, those three dispise him.

Just look at his DVD for shits sake, all Pink Floyd songs under his name, i dont have time for people who spit on their fans either rant rant

rant rant rant rant All Floyd songs are under his name? It Might be because he wrote all of them Duh!!!!!  rant rant

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 04:13:11 PM »

Wrong!

You have no idea what Roger Waters is about!!? ?IF he were like that he would be on fuckin MTv!? rant

Roger is, or at least was a huge megalomaniac. He may not be the type to whore himself to MTV, but that doesn't make his ego any smaller. Roger really believes he is one of the greatest songwriters of all time. He also believes he was Pink Floyd. He often made the others feel inferior by criticizing their performance when it is he who could barely play the bass.  He even said "You can write anything you want, just don't expect credit for it." He took most of the credit himself.

I think Roger has mellowed a lot in recent years and is pretty likeable now, but he was a huge dick in the past and never tried to hide it. You have to be blind not to realize that.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 08:54:24 PM »

wrong you are,

rant rant rant rant All Floyd songs are under his name? It Might be because he wrote all of them Duh!!!!!? rant rant

rant rant rant What Are We all Fighting For?? Floyd Kick Ass and Thats it!, I don't give a goddamn squad if roger or david, nick or richard made the song if we all know who wrote the song, is just a wasted of energy discusing of something that happened way back in time.  rant rant rant

No man can be my equal
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 09:48:16 PM »

hey Dead Horse, i bet you think Roger wrote Comfortably Numb, or Run like Hell hey???

but im actually talking about Rogers DVD, i just think thats not right...

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2004, 12:52:33 AM »

I really enjoy Roger's dvd and don't mind him singing Pink Floyd songs.
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2004, 12:54:31 AM »

hey Dead Horse, i bet you think Roger wrote Comfortably Numb, or Run like Hell hey???

but im actually talking about Rogers DVD, i just think thats not right...

I know who wrote the songs dude, i got all their albums, i even got some of the solo projects. Those 2 songs you named were written by Waters ANd Gilmour , i know that. I thought u were talkin about Live At Pompeii tho.

I won't waste time writing about a band i know , i have listened for years and some people here, that  maybe have listened to one or two albums, and talk like they have listened to their whole discography.  Roll Eyes

ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2004, 08:11:34 PM »

i have most but on record and just scored A sourceful of Secrets and Piper At the Gates Of Dawn on record from a guy who knows shit about vintige and rare albums ok

I know my Floyd but obvioulsy not as much as you D.HORSE, i havent listend to 'The Wall' or 'Momentary Lapse' or a typical album and think i know all mate, all im saying is, is that Roger Waters is/was an inconsiderate prick and dont like a musician with that attitude. All band members have said it themselves but after watching some interviews from over the years you can pretty much figure it out for your self.

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2004, 12:27:24 AM »

all im saying is, is that Roger Waters is/was an inconsiderate prick and dont like a musician with that attitude. All band members have said it themselves but after watching some interviews from over the years you can pretty much figure it out for your self.

Now if that isn't the irony of all ironies.
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2005, 09:05:27 PM »

I don't know if Pink Floyd has it's own thread or anything but does anybody here like Pink Floyd? I own Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall and I love the Wall to Death of course Dark Side is cool.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005, 10:32:57 PM »

I have yet to hear any of there songs except Combfturbaly Numb and i fucking love it..I wanna get into them but just havent been motavated..what are some of ther ebiggest hits?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2005, 10:34:51 PM »

YES

very pleasing to my ear. something sweet & warm in there analog techniques. tapings. such a work of art & original. Gilmours obsessions with delays & reverbs & tape boxes etc..... ? argh it makes me sick to think about how much hands on involvement was done in the makings of such recordings. ?check out the 'Animals' album too.? You can write your thesis on 'The Wall'? alone.

my influence for playing guitar & concept.

-bp ?peace
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 10:47:52 PM by Bi Polar » Logged

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2005, 11:31:59 PM »

Pink Floyd is great... there's nothing like smoking a joint and cranking "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", well any Floyd will do, but that's my favourite.

You know what works suprisingly well (aside from "Dark Side of Oz"), you can mute the cartoon version of The Lord of the Rings and play Disc 2 from "Echoes" (the compilation).  I think I heard somewhere that some of the LotR was drawn while the artist was high on acid.  Anyways, it seems to flow really well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: