Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:59:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Xbox or PS2?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Xbox or PS2?  (Read 9960 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 03:03:14 AM »

Xbox. If u can afford it, the Xbox 360.

What is the price difference?

badapple81
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2006, 03:52:03 AM »

Well in Australia the 360 is like $600 (AU) and the XBOX you can pick up for like $200 (AU).

The 360 is of course much better as it's new technology so the graphics are more advanced. I guess they will stop making games for the Xbox soon too. I'm guessing the 360 price will drop in a few months as it's a brand new thing now. I'd go for that simply because it will last longer in terms of being able to buy the latest games for it. You'll only be able to buy old games for the xbox soon.

I had both the xbox and PS2 at different times and I'd probably go for the xbox, I thought the graphics were that tad bit better, and of course you don't have to mess around with memory cards which are so 90s  hihi
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 04:08:49 AM »

I'd go for the Xbox. All the really good games on PS2 are available for Xbox too, but then there's stuff like Halo 1 and 2 that you can't get on PS2. Plus the controller is better for Xbox, in my opinion.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2006, 05:56:14 AM »

What is the price difference?

Xbox 360 is $400 from Newegg.com and the Xbox is $170/$180 from Newegg.com.

Newegg is a excellent site for buying computer stuff and consoles. I recommend waiting for the 360.

Fuck 'Em All.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2006, 11:53:18 AM »

We have an X-box and about 100 games.  My kids *think* I'm going to buy them a 360, but they are very wrong.  hihi

On top of the cost of the 360, I think you need to buy something so that the old games will work in the 360, don't ya?

Why don't you just....
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 01:03:55 PM »

On top of the cost of the 360, I think you need to buy something so that the old games will work in the 360, don't ya?

I have a solution: use the Xbox you already have! Cheesy

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2006, 01:28:38 PM »

Not that I know of.Their are some games that aren't playable from the first Xbox though.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 01:31:59 PM »

Always online the XBOX.

For games u want PS2. I'd wait for PS3 though. With PS2, you have speciality games such as Devil May Cry which you cant get with XBOX. However XBOX had Halo which rocks but Devil May Cry kicks Halo's ass anyday

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 02:18:30 PM »

Xbox 360 is the new console that just came out, my brother has one and it is simply unbelievable.

Ive owned both a PS2 and I sold it to buy an Xbox.

Both are great systems, Its not like one is a piece of shit and the other one dwarfs it by comparison but I know with the PS2 i got sick of the memory card issue. that shit drove me crazy, plus PS2 online sucks.

Xbox u have to have broadband to be on live therefore 9 out of 10 times the games run smooth as hell online.

PS2 u can have a 56k modem and  playing with those dudes is the most aggravating shit ever.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 02:24:36 PM »

Most people dis the Xbox since they believe that any product Microsoft puts out is crap (Partly true). However, IMO the Xbox is as good as the PS2, if not better. As for the Xbox 360, nothing comes close. Certainly not until Sony puts out PS3 that is...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 02:27:31 PM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 03:18:39 PM »

I have a solution: use the Xbox you already have! Cheesy

Great idea - I need more shit around the TV.  Tongue  Eh, what do I care, it's in the game room, not the family room so it's not in my way.  The 360 does have unbelievable graphics, but still the X-box is way better than my damn atari that I had growing up.  Grin

Why don't you just....
gunner333
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 05:13:51 PM »

buy ps2.its cheaper and better.ps2 canadain is 139.x-box canadain is 199.ps2 has god of war one of the greatest games ever made for ps2.god of war is only exclusive for ps2.and they have resident evil 4.exclusive for ps2.and that won spike tv's video game of the year award.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 09:35:04 PM »

buy ps2.its cheaper and better.ps2 canadain is 139.x-box canadain is 199.ps2 has god of war one of the greatest games ever made for ps2.god of war is only exclusive for ps2.and they have resident evil 4.exclusive for ps2.and that won spike tv's video game of the year award.

Actually Resident Evil 4 was exclusive for the GameCube for a year and a port was made for the PS2. So... Resident Evil 4 exists on the GC and PS2.  God of War is a good game but so is Halo and it exists only for the Xbox just like Mario and Zelda only exist on nintendo consoles.  Exclusive titles only hold any importance when you actually want to play that title.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 09:39:09 PM »

Between these two, I'd go with the PS2 because you have alot more games to choose from.

I think the PS3 will be very cool though. ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Megaguns
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2006, 09:42:53 PM »

XBOX all the way! I used to have a ps2 and i thought it was the shit until i got an xbox,
we are talking about microsoft vs sony here. Microsoft is always gonna win..... What ever happened to that sega dreamcast? i thought it wasnt that bad.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2006, 11:08:54 PM »

Does everyone remember when Nintendo ruled the world?

Fuck these days u couldnt give me a GameCube for free.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »

Ah, the days of Mario.

Fuck 'Em All.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »

Fuck these days u couldnt give me a GameCube for free.

I remember  Cry

gnrevolution.com
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2006, 11:38:33 PM »

Ah, the days of Mario.

Yeah.......I remember! yes I can remeber when the hype about Mario Bros. 2 was going to be releaed and counting down the days. And the finally playing it for the first time. And then over and over and over and over....lol.  rofl Talk about crazy! Grin hihi

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2006, 11:44:18 PM »

The hype for Mario 3 was pretty crazy. I remember I got it for Christmas; I was so happy.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: