Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:36:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The wonderful tool of www.archive.org (gnronline, gnfr related)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The wonderful tool of www.archive.org (gnronline, gnfr related)  (Read 3249 times)
FlashFlood
Rocker

« on: August 31, 2004, 12:21:09 AM »

using the website www.archive.org you can view various stages of old gnr sites. for instance, type in www.gnronline.com and you can see when the page was updated, as well as previous versions of the site. i also used it on gnfr.com to see if it was, indeed, a guns n roses website and it is/was. if you click on the first version of the site, you can see the gnfr logo, as well as comming soon. in the lower right, it has a pi symbol that if you click on it, it will bring you to a page that asks for an authorization code. also, if you stop the page before it is completely loaded, you will see all black and you will be able to scroll down. if you try to highlight the left side, you will see a bunch of links that were supposed to be a part of the site. this is a really fun tool that i suggest you all try.

poop
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 01:26:02 AM »

Unfortunately, when I looked up the site, gunsnroses.com I received a "does not exist message" Tongue  Awww, too bad.  I would have loved to see what this site looked like when it was up n running for a wee bit.
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 01:29:58 AM »

ya i tried that too.

poop
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 03:29:01 AM »

Shit... I remember seeing www.gunsnroses.com... it had the chinese scroll on the side and European tour dates.  If I remember correctly, www.gunsnroses.com never worked, but we all managed to get on by skipping the intro screen and adding /index.html or /main.html.  Anyone else think they'll have this site up and running when Chinese Democracy is actually going to come out?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 07:09:27 AM »

There is a clear rule about GNFR.com.

No discussions about it.

This board isn't the place to discuss GNFR riddles.
If you're into that, go somewhere else. As far as we're concerned, that site has nothing to do with the band other than trying to fool people into thinking it's GN'R related.

FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 11:59:56 AM »

well using this tool shows that it was infact a gnr website. no need to get so pissy about it. whether or not it is official is another question but the fact is it was gnr related.

poop
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 12:01:27 PM »

well using this tool shows that it was infact a gnr website. no need to get so pissy about it. whether or not it is official is another question but the fact is it was gnr related.

Yeah, put a logo on it and it's a GN'R site.  Roll Eyes

For your information, if you're still interested in discussing that web site, search for "gnfr crew" on Google and join their MSN group.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 12:18:52 PM »

well im sorry but that is just a side topic of this discussion. i just posted here for people's enjoyment and reflection. its still fun to use on the old gnronline site, to see how things have changed and the way it used to be. sorry if i violated rule. oh and if i saw a bands logo on a website, id assume it is a site about them

poop
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 01:56:14 PM »

No discussions about it.

If you're into that, go somewhere else. As far as we're concerned, that site has nothing to do with the band other than trying to fool people into thinking it's GN'R related.

Wow! Why the harsh tone man? It should be allowed to discuss anything here, I don't see the fucking problem..Is there something about that, that you would care to share with us...please..??  Wink

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 04:26:08 PM »

No discussions about it.

Wow! Why the harsh tone man? It should be allowed to discuss anything here, I don't see the fucking problem..Is there something about that, that you would care to share with us...please..Huh Wink

The letters in bold is the site's rule about GNFR.com.

The site has nothing to do with Guns N' Roses. All it tried to do is fool people that it's an official site. Jarmo has proof of that.

coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2004, 04:46:11 AM »

The letters in bold is the site's rule about GNFR.com.

The site has nothing to do with Guns N' Roses. All it tried to do is fool people that it's an official site. Jarmo has proof of that.

Thats cool man, but you sounded like a dictator or something, and I diden't know about that because I'm new here on this board..Sorry, ok?

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 04:51:51 AM »

Thats cool man, but you sounded like a dictator or something, and I diden't know about that because I'm new here on this board..Sorry, ok?

I understand that and I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a dictator, but sometimes we have to be strict about some situations cause we don't want GN'R fans being fooled by someone who claims to be in the band or represent the band. It's not right...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: