Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:44:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227890 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HOAX: Axl & Gilby...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOAX: Axl & Gilby...  (Read 1892 times)
lastroots
« on: October 21, 2005, 09:15:20 AM »

This obviously didn't happen on October 15th... /jarmo

Te following was posted on gnrlies.com. No sorce and I couldn't find anything on the net nor mtv.com:

The reclusive Axl Rose resurfaced Saturday night, October 15th, in West Hollywood to sing with his former Guns N' Roses bandmate Gilby Clarke and former Hollywood Rose bandmate Tracii Guns much to the shock of both Clarke and 250-odd audience members. The event marked Rose's first public performance in three years..

Management for Guns N' Roses confirmed to MTV News that Rose made an appearance at an L.A.-area nightclub after attending a concert.

According to club co-owner and drummer Slim Jim Phantom (of Stray Cats fame), Clarke was heading up a jam session with the pair's sideband, The Starfuckers, at the intimate Cat Club on Sunset Boulevard.

The group, which also features guitarist Tracii Guns (who played with Rose in the early 1980's in Hollywood Rose and was briefly in Guns N' Roses when they formed) was just coming off a break when the word came down that Rose was in the club. Guns told MTV News that he and Clarke approached Rose at the bar, said hello, and then took the stage. "We did a couple of songs, and then Tracii looked at Axl," Clarke recalls, "and he came up. He didn't need any prompting."

Rose and took over the mic for duets of two Rolling Stones songs, "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and "Dead Flowers." The latter was included on Clarke's 1994 solo album, "Pawnshop Guitars," with a vocal and piano track courtesy of Rose. Rose also sung three Guns N Roses tracks "It's So Easy" "Out To Get Me" and "Think About You."..After a 20 minute break Rose and Guns went into an old Hollywood Rose track called "Shadow of Your Love" which according to Guns "we hadn't played in over 21 years."

An audience member at the show informed MTV News that Rose was "really nice" and he "looked great." The singer whose last public appearance saw him sporting dreadlocks and about 25 extra pounds not to mention a face that looked like it had been botoxed one too many times was said to look and sound 'like the old Axl."...Gone are the dreadlocks and back is the familiar long blonde /reddish hair..."He looks like he lost about 20 pounds and his face looks normal again" remarked one audience member.

Rose, who has rarely even been seen for the better part of the last decade, hadn't performed in public since the last Guns N' Roses tour wrapped up in November 2002...Clarke, who had replaced original guitarist Izzy Stradlin in late 1991, left GN'R acrimoniously in 1994. Traci Guns left Guns N Roses shortly before the band took form as he was repleaced in 1985 by Slash.

According to club owner Phantom, Clarke was obviously surprised by the proceedings, he and Rose began talking as if they had just seen each other "yesterday," in Phantom's words. "I left at 3:30 a.m., and they were still talking up a storm," he noted.

Clarke told MTV News that he and Rose mostly discussed Rose's new band and album. "He was really excited about it," Clarke said. "He was explaining it to me. He said the album is finally finished and there are about 65 songs. He wants to release a 3 CD set in March. We didn't rehash anything. We had a good time."

"I never really had any problems with Axl," Clarke added. "It was just business. It was an issue that wasn't getting settled: I wasn't getting paid, I wasn't getting a response, so the attorneys got involved. It was settled in a few weeks."

Now this reminds me of:

This exactly happened 5 years ago, not a few days ago, right?
Are the Starfuckers still playing?
Isn't Tracii on tour with Brides Of Destruction right now?

/lastroots
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 11:34:17 AM by jarmo » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 09:17:22 AM »

It's fake. A rehash from the old mtv's article on Axl and Gilby in 2000.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 09:18:52 AM »

It's a remake of the old article or we are in Twin Peaks.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 09:48:59 AM »

Some people have WAY too much time on their hands. Roll Eyes

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 10:02:09 AM »

I guess I'll get that birthday present after all Grin funny I said that yesterday in one of my last post in    ( No hope for 2005) yes

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 10:02:38 AM »

This isn't even an original made up story.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 10:08:12 AM »

So they didn't need too much time on their hands for this hoax.

I think Axl would never be playing with them again.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 10:15:04 AM »

Of course this is a hoax Roll Eyes

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 11:03:14 AM »

Even the rumour guys are running low on ideas - its all been done before

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 11:06:02 AM »

Just let it die then...

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 01:11:55 PM »

this was postes by someone on Motley Crues message board.   sorry if it has been posted already.   prolly shit though.

The reclusive Axl Rose resurfaced Saturday (October 15th) night in West Hollywood to sing with his former Guns N' Roses bandmate Gilby Clarke and former Hollywood Rose bandmate Traci Guns much to the shock of both Clarke and 250-odd audience members. The event marked Rose's first public performance in three years..

Management for Guns N' Roses confirmed to MTV News that Rose made an appearance at an L.A.-area nightclub after attending a concert.

According to club co-owner and drummer Slim Jim Phantom (of Stray Cats fame), Clarke was heading up a jam session with the pair's sideband, The Starfuckers, at the intimate Cat Club on Sunset Boulevard.

The group, which also features guitarist Traci Guns (who played with Rose in the early 1980's in Hollywood Rose and was briefly in Guns 'N Roses when they formed) was just coming off a break when the word came down that Rose was in the club. Guns told MTV News that he and Clarke approached Rose at the bar, said hello, and then took the stage. "We did a couple of songs, and then Traci looked at Axl," Clarke recalls, "and he came up. He didn't need any prompting."

Rose and took over the mic for duets of two Rolling Stones songs, "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and "Dead Flowers." The latter was included on Clarke's 1994 solo album, "Pawnshop Guitars," with a vocal and piano track courtesy of Rose. Rose also sung three Guns N Roses tracks "It's So Easy" "Out To Get Me" and "Think About You."..After a 20 minute break Rose and Guns went into an old Hollywood Rose track called "Shadow of Your Love" which according to Guns "we hadn't played in over 21 years."

An audience member at the show informed MTV News that Rose was "really nice" and he "looked great." The singer whose last public appearance saw him sporting dreadlocks and about 25 extra pounds not to mention a face that looked like it had been botoxed one too many times was said to look and sound 'like the old Axl."...Gone are the dreadlocks and back is the familiar long blonde /reddish hair..."He looks like he lost about 20 pounds and his face looks normal again" remarked one audience member.

Rose, who has rarely even been seen for the better part of the last decade, hadn't performed in public since the last Guns N' Roses tour wrapped up in November 2002...Clarke, who had replaced original guitarist Izzy Stradlin in late 1991, left GN'R acrimoniously in 1994. Traci Guns left Guns N Roses shortly before the band took form as he was repleaced in 1985 by Slash.

According to club owner Phantom, Clarke was obviously surprised by the proceedings, he and Rose began talking as if they had just seen each other "yesterday," in Phantom's words. "I left at 3:30 a.m., and they were still talking up a storm," he noted.

Clarke told MTV News that he and Rose mostly discussed Rose's new band and album. "He was really excited about it," Clarke said. "He was explaining it to me. He said the album is finally finished and there are about 65 songs. He wants to release a 3 CD set in March. We didn't rehash anything. We had a good time."

"I never really had any problems with Axl," Clarke added. "It was just business. It was an issue that wasn't getting settled: I wasn't getting paid, I wasn't getting a response, so the attorneys got involved. It was settled in a few weeks."

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 01:14:36 PM »

uh ... we're in 2005 ....

Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 01:14:47 PM »

wasn't this in 1998 or something?

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 01:17:55 PM »

Traci Guns didn't have anything to do with the "other" time Axl played with Gilby.

So if this is true, well, COOL!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 01:19:39 PM »

this was already posted then MARKED AS A HOAX & LOCKED in the WTF?? thread

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: