Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:38:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007-2008 NBA Season
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007-2008 NBA Season  (Read 89734 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »

Yeah, I don't get that argument either. They went so far to say the Pistons were playing better than the Celtics right now.  Haven't the C's won 12 of 13 or so?  They were also saying they weren't convinced the Celtics would be as good in a 7 game series.  Citing that they're out to prove to people that they're the best team in the NBA on a nightly basis, that they can get up to play the Spurs one night and the Rockets the next. I don't see why that would change come playoff time.  Apparently they think the C's are only concerned with having the best record in the regular season.  Mission accomplished.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2008, 12:18:35 AM »

My doctor said Mylanta.

Personally, I never pay attention to what those so-called "experts" have to say.

In the beginning of this thread, I stated that I had grown bored with the NBA.  This season has brought me back.  There are so many great storylines, so many great teams, it will be fun to watch!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2008, 08:59:54 AM »

My doctor said Mylanta.

Personally, I never pay attention to what those so-called "experts" have to say.

In the beginning of this thread, I stated that I had grown bored with the NBA.  This season has brought me back.  There are so many great storylines, so many great teams, it will be fun to watch!

Ditto.

Now, to be COMPLETELY honest, it's probably as much because the Celts are good again....and I'm a HUGE Celtics fan from back in the day.

But I, too, found myself drawn back to NBA ball after a VERY long absence.  I watched College ball a lot more (and, to be truthful, still prefer it....as there are too many 1 on 1 breakdowns, and not enough defense, in the NBA) over the past...say...10 years or so.

But this season has drawn me back.  The Celts being good is, like I said, a good part of it.  But how competitive the league is, overall, is another.  There's so many good teams, the Eastern Conference isn't an afterthought this year and might actually have some say in who wins the league.  All of it combines to, for me, create the best NBA season since the 90's, for me.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2008, 03:13:17 PM »

For old times sake.  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDHJBbm9ZEs&NR=1

THAT'S how I was brought up on basketball.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2008, 08:51:47 PM »

Mavs trade for Jason Kidd (which I opposed from the beginning) is looking worse and worse by the day. Mavs are 0-for against good teams since Kidd arrived. Not his fault particularly, it could be the coach who seems not to know how to use point guards. Nonetheless, with Dirk down and the team playing mediocre ball, the Mavs will be lucky to reach the playoffs, which is just ridiculous given the talent they have on that team.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2008, 08:03:36 PM »

Mavs trade for Jason Kidd (which I opposed from the beginning) is looking worse and worse by the day. Mavs are 0-for against good teams since Kidd arrived. Not his fault particularly, it could be the coach who seems not to know how to use point guards. Nonetheless, with Dirk down and the team playing mediocre ball, the Mavs will be lucky to reach the playoffs, which is just ridiculous given the talent they have on that team.

hihi

It's also kind of ridiculous that a team from the West might reach 50 wins and miss the playoffs, while the Hawks or Nets get into the first round.  I agree, it looks like Dallas might be on the outside looking in, especially after that loss to the Nuggets.

The NBA is so competitive right now, I'm paying it MUCH more attention than March Madness... a 22 game winning streak?  Kobe, Lebron and Paul duking it out for MVP?  The Celtics jumping from worst in the league to best?  The top 6 teams in the west seperated by only 3 games?  Superman at the slam dunk contest? Isiah Thomas keeping his job?  What a way for the NBA to bounce back from that crooked Ref!

How are Western coaches supposed to predict playoff matchups?    Shocked
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2008, 01:39:59 AM »

Went to the season finale last night at Staples.  Cool

I think the Lakers will bring the Larry O'Brien trophy back home.

Any predictions?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 04:26:10 PM by Archie Bunker's Chair » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2008, 01:47:58 AM »

I am so happy my Dallas Mavs got the best possible first round matchup against New Orleans.

I still feel NO are a fraud. they won those games but outside of Chris Paul, I feel they are extremely overrated. dallas bitchsmacked them tonight as Jason Kidd severely outplayed Paul.

Kidd is getting it going at the proper time and we are winning it all!

Lakers will fold. I still dont trust Kobe, he starts pouting and his team goes to shit.

Denver are a scary matchup for LA. if AI and Melo get it going, they can beat LA.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2008, 01:56:17 AM »

I am so happy my Dallas Mavs got the best possible first round matchup against New Orleans.

I still feel NO are a fraud. they won those games but outside of Chris Paul, I feel they are extremely overrated. dallas bitchsmacked them tonight as Jason Kidd severely outplayed Paul.

Lakers will fold. I still dont trust Kobe, he starts pouting and his team goes to shit.

Denver are a scary matchup for LA. if AI and Melo get it going, they can beat LA.

Melo will show up drunk and A.I. will take 50 shots a game, leading to a Laker sweep.
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2008, 01:56:37 AM »

Lakers are the worst matchup for Denver as the Lakers have swept the Nuggets this year by an average margin of 16.3 points.    Gasol played in exactly zero of these games.

I think Lakers will make the finals; but without Bynum & Ariza healthy they won't beat Boston.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2008, 03:26:40 AM »

im glad the Jazz tanked it tonight vs. the Spurs...id rather play Houston without homecourt than the Spurs with it...
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2008, 01:18:11 AM »

Outside of the Raps/Magic series... I'm most excited to watch the SUNS/SPURS, I would love for that one to go to 7 games.  I'd also love to see the Suns go up against the Lakers in the West finals.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2008, 04:01:20 AM »

Outside of the Raps/Magic series... I'm most excited to watch the SUNS/SPURS, I would love for that one to go to 7 games.  I'd also love to see the Suns go up against the Lakers in the West finals.

That makes two of us.

Everyone in L.A. wants to see Kobe OWN Shaq and the team that took us out in the first round two years in a row.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2008, 09:11:54 PM »

Hey D: how 'bout them Mavs? did you see them fold in the second half? Everything they did right in the first half they stopped doing. It was as if Avery said at half time, ok guys, stop attacking the basket and let Chris Paul run wild.

This team is too inconsistent to make a serious run and I predict Cuban will blow up the team during the off season. I also would not be surprised to see him fire Avery. Something is just wrong with the Mavs and if it is not the players.....

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2008, 04:30:25 PM »

The Suns/Spurs game was ILL!  It will go down as one of the all-time great games in the history of the NBA.

Agent Zero is a LOSER.

The Mavs will get bounced in the first round again.  Coach Johnson will be fired if they don't make the Finals, which they won't.

The Lakers are looking gooooooooooood.  I loved the D-U-I chants for Mr. Anthony.  Iverson's thuglike behavior came through again.  That folks, isn't how you advance in the playoffs. 

Boston did their thing, although the 76ers victory over Detroit was quite surprising.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2008, 07:17:12 PM »

The Lakers are looking gooooooooooood.  I loved the D-U-I chants for Mr. Anthony.  Iverson's thuglike behavior came through again.  That folks, isn't how you advance in the playoffs. 

Now, now Sir.

You show my Nuggets some respect Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2008, 08:14:13 PM »

Now, now Sir.

You show my Nuggets some respect Wink

just for you, we are gonna let them win just one home game before we eliminate them from the playoffs  hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2008, 08:22:45 PM »

U can look at the Phoenix/SA game one of two ways.

Phoenix fucked up and cost themselves a chance at a title.

OR

SA had to have every miracle in the universe to happen just to win GAME 1, a game they should win by a mere 2pts in double OT

Think about it:

Duncan had the game of his career.

Shaq didnt play any significant first half minutes.

Amare fouls out in OT 1

SA hit two miracle three pointers because D'Antoni is too stupid to foul and make it a FT contest between SA and Steve Nash.

So, I kind of think Phoenix are a better team. SA squeaked by in a game where everything went against Phoenix.

Onto Dallas:

Avery Johnson is the worst adjustments coach in the NBA. he has a plan A and when it goes to shit, he is unable to come up with a plan b.

Chris paul was shut down and doing nothing. Byron Scott adjusts, Avery has no answer.

Very stupid of David West to touch Dirk's face like that. I have a feeling Dirk will go off in game 2.

People get too excited in the playoffs.

A home team winning the first game on their home floor is MEANINGLESS! they are suppose to win game 1.

So, NO have done nothing to show that its a lock they are gonna win. If Dallas wins game 2 everyone will change their tune.

Houston beat us two straight AT Dallas a few years ago and we took the next 2 at Houston and went on to win in 7.

So I am confident we will beat New Orleans. Our team went ice cold in the 2nd half. that won't happen too many times.\

New Orleans have yet to win in Dallas, so really, we just have to win one in New Orleans, whether that be game 2, game 5 or game 7 and hold serve at home.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 08:24:16 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2008, 10:28:37 PM »

Lebron James is huge.  It looks like Washington shouldn't have mouthed off before the first game was played.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2008, 12:03:10 AM »

A home team winning the first game on their home floor is MEANINGLESS! they are suppose to win game 1.

The team that wins game one goes on to the next round 80-90% of the time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: