Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:01:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007-2008 NBA Season
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007-2008 NBA Season  (Read 89731 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2008, 10:04:27 AM »

Changes have to happen in Dallas

Avery Johnson has to be gone.

His style of play just doesnt fit our personnel

we need to run with Kidd,dirk and Howard to be successful

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2008, 01:05:43 PM »

^ Mavs need to dump Howard. Let him smoke pot in a different city. He has disappeared from the playoffs and is way too inconsistent. Dirk is the only one showing up. Damp is on vacation too. I agree with D, something has to happen to this team because it is going downhill fast. And that is when the idiot trade for Kidd comes into play, because they gave away two young guards, a decent backup center, and 2 first round draft choices! Plus they cut another young forward to make room for the two non-entities that came with Kidd. The trade for Kidd and what the Mavs gave away will go down in history as the turning point for the Cuban franchise and the Mavs will not recover any time soon, and if they do, Dirk will be old.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2008, 11:48:15 PM »

The C's are all of a sudden in a dogfight of a series.  I think the whole world (me included) expected them to roll the Hawks, especially after the first 2 games in Boston.  But Atlanta has bounced back nicely and looked like a completely different team at home.  One loss by the C's could've been a mistake, just a slip up.  But 2 straight is the real deal.  The Hawks now believe they belong in the playoffs.  I still expect the C's to prevail but right now it's going 6 at the very least.  Josh Smith was something else tonight, not to mention Joe Johnson.  Though I've gotta say, what kind of defense were the C's playing on Johnson down the stretch?  No offense to JJ, he was great in the 4th but you think they would've stepped up the pressure or double team him or something.  The Hawks just wanted it and deserved it more tonight, getting all the loose balls.  It's back to Boston all square, who'da thunk it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2008, 12:36:42 AM »

I haven't bothered to watch any of the Boston/Atlanta series because I figured it was a write off... I just may tune in for Game 5, can't believe it's tied up!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2008, 01:41:02 AM »

Yeah, what is up with that?  I noticed something was seriously wrong in game 3.  The Hawks made things very interesting, that's for sure!

Didn't think so.  smoking

smoking
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2008, 03:21:14 AM »

smoking
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 03:29:37 AM by w.axl.rose » Logged
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2008, 03:22:56 AM »

smoking

tHANKZ FRIEND!  smoking

2008....YEAR of da LAKerz

smoking

peace

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 03:25:36 AM by Archie Bunker's Chair » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2008, 08:41:01 AM »

The C's are all of a sudden in a dogfight of a series.  I think the whole world (me included) expected them to roll the Hawks, especially after the first 2 games in Boston.  But Atlanta has bounced back nicely and looked like a completely different team at home.  One loss by the C's could've been a mistake, just a slip up.  But 2 straight is the real deal.  The Hawks now believe they belong in the playoffs.  I still expect the C's to prevail but right now it's going 6 at the very least.  Josh Smith was something else tonight, not to mention Joe Johnson.  Though I've gotta say, what kind of defense were the C's playing on Johnson down the stretch?  No offense to JJ, he was great in the 4th but you think they would've stepped up the pressure or double team him or something.  The Hawks just wanted it and deserved it more tonight, getting all the loose balls.  It's back to Boston all square, who'da thunk it.

I agree...something's not "right".

The C's completely no showed the 4th q last night.  They were up 10, in complete control of the game....and then just completely disappeared in the 4th.  Lost control of the tempo, let the Hawks gain the crowd back, and that was that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2008, 10:03:34 AM »

Next year dude Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2008, 02:56:26 PM »

I can't egg on a guy with your sense of optimism!  ok

Go Hornets!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2008, 07:26:17 PM »

I agree...something's not "right".

The C's completely no showed the 4th q last night.  They were up 10, in complete control of the game....and then just completely disappeared in the 4th.  Lost control of the tempo, let the Hawks gain the crowd back, and that was that.
Yeah, it's almost as if the C's bought into the media hype that this wasn't going to be a series.  They cruised in those first 2 games and coasted into Atlanta thinking they could just show up and win.  Doc had a telling comment in his post game press conference yesterday saying how everyone is now saying they'll be fine now that they're going back to Boston.  He said they can't think that way, they have to prove it.  The Celtics are obviously a much better team than the Hawks, but they're a young, hungry bunch with nothing to lose.  And they've been given life.  That can be a dangerous combo if the C's don't make some corrections quickly.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2008, 02:33:37 AM »

Dallas: OUT

Phoenix: OUT

Phoenix's trade seemed justified (still a bad move IMO) but Dallas just killed themselves with that move.

Houston is trying to make it interesting, and Detroit is warming up.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2008, 04:56:16 AM »

Changes have to happen in Dallas

Avery Johnson has to be gone.

His style of play just doesnt fit our personnel

we need to run with Kidd,dirk and Howard to be successful

Kidd run?? he has already proven he is slower than just about every point guard in the western conference....Williams, Nash, Paul, Parker, and Alston can all blow right by him...his time has passed...expect him to call it a career in the not to distant future...dumb move by the Mavs for getting him...
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2008, 05:32:24 PM »

Mavs fired Avery Johnson today!
First of many changes coming.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2008, 01:48:05 AM »

Mavs fired Avery Johnson today!
First of many changes coming.

its about time...i would have fired him after the Warriors series
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2008, 07:21:12 PM »

Actually its not such a horrible move getting Kidd. Next season is the last year of his contract and he is making 21 million dollars so that will be a nice Cap space for Dallas.

Also teams looking to clear cap space would be intrigued to trade for Kidd, so we could maybe work a deal with someone.

I am wanting Ron Artest to be in a Dallas uniform. I think Sac would take Josh for Ron.

BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2008, 11:25:27 PM »

Per LA Times: Kobe Bryant to win first MVP award!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kobe3-2008may03,0,6268282.story
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2008, 01:44:08 AM »

Holy shit, could the Hawks be this year's Warriors?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2008, 01:52:28 AM »

I can't figure out the Celts/Hawks series for the life of me.  The C's have crushed the Hawks in the 3 games in Boston, and have lost 3 close ones in Atlanta.  I understand home court means a lot in the NBA playoffs, but Atlanta is not exactly known as a crazed sports town.  They don't even sell out Braves playoff games.  Apparently the people of the city have caught on and realized they had an NBA team in the past couple weeks, as they're now breaking attendance records.  Hawks have played great AT HOME.  And not to take anything away from them, but the C's have played pretty god darn awful for those 3 games.  Even if they go out and trounce the Hawks in game 7, they can't exactly come out of this series with an increased heir of confidence.

What the hell kind of play was that Doc drew up with 12 seconds left, down 2?  Let's have Ray Allen take a fall away 3 with about 10 seconds left so the Hawks can get the ball back.  Did that really sound like a good plan at the time?  Someone please explain that one to me.  Pretty B.S. call on Pierce's 6th foul too, off the ball foul on the rebound, which led to a technical.  Not a very good swing for the C's right there.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 01:55:10 AM by faldor » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2008, 03:05:40 AM »

u KNOW what u get when u combine 3 losers *Garnett,Pierce,Allen*?

3 bigger losers.

Seriously Boston are a fuckin joke.

KG has no more excuses.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: