Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:13:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007-2008 NBA Season
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007-2008 NBA Season  (Read 89742 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #260 on: May 23, 2008, 12:07:08 AM »

The Celtics CAN be beat at home.

You guys are screwed, there is no way they can win at The Palace.

That's a shame, I really wanted a Lakers/Celtics series.
I wouldn't say there's no way.  I mean is it likely, probably not?  But they've certainly got a chance at least.  The Pistons have lost some home games in this round the past 2 years, so why not this year?

One positive for the C's was the return of Ray Allen.  Only the rest of the team outside of the big 3 decided to not show up tonight.  Usually Rondo plays well at home and not on the road, but he played a pretty poor game tonight.  I can't see him playing much worse in Detroit so as long as Ray can keep up his shooting I wouldn't put the Pistons in the finals just yet.  I also wouldn't be so quick to put the Lakers in there yet either.  There's still a lot of basketball to be played.

Aside from the action on the court, did anyone notice Rasheed Wallace singing along to "Paradise City" in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter tonight?  I thought that was great.  I think I'm a Rasheed fan now.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #261 on: May 23, 2008, 01:25:22 AM »

i think its still going to be Pistons and Spurs........ill be happy as long its not Lakers and Celtics, because the NBA wants that so badly and their officiating this postseason shows it...ill be happy with Lakers/pistons or spurs/celtics
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #262 on: May 23, 2008, 04:08:31 AM »

Well...if you're a Celtics fan...would you rather have Allen in a slump and lose or win games without him?

I didn't want to be the one to say this, but....

Charles Barkley is....TURR-BULL!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #263 on: May 23, 2008, 10:22:28 AM »

Obviously as a Celtic fan I'd rather have them win regardless of who's struggling. It's interesting to note that Ray Allen has now scored 20+ points 3 times this post-season and the C's have lost all 3 of those games.  I think that's just a coincidence, at least I hope.  The Pistons got much better play from their role players last night, namely Rodney Stuckey.  The role players on the C's haven't shown up on the road yet, it's now or never.  They haven't HAD to win on the road, now it's a MUST if they are to continue.  We'll see what happens.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #264 on: May 23, 2008, 11:20:21 AM »

lakers vs celtics would rock, don't think it'll be like that but it would be awesome
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #265 on: May 24, 2008, 02:20:18 AM »

The Lakers blew out San Antonio by 30.

What more do the haters want?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #266 on: May 24, 2008, 02:26:22 AM »

to do it again in SA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #267 on: May 24, 2008, 11:44:37 AM »

I just really hate Boston being called a BIG THREE.

Hell the Lakers have a better BIG THREE than Boston

Kobe, Gasol and Odom are way better than KG,Pierce and Allen.

The thing with Boston is, U have three guys who have underachieved their entire career and three guys who dont have that winners intangible that allows them to take over a game a la Kobe Bryant.

KG has always been waytoo unselfish.... I see Detroit taking this series.  Chauncey Billups isn even healthy.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #268 on: May 24, 2008, 03:02:19 PM »

The thing with Boston is, U have three guys who have underachieved their entire career and three guys who dont have that winners intangible that allows them to take over a game a la Kobe Bryant.

KG has always been waytoo unselfish.... I see Detroit taking this series.  Chauncey Billups isn even healthy.
Your hatred for the Celtics is quite obvious.  We get it.  KG is still among the best players in the NBA, maybe not the best like Kobe, but he's up there.  Pierce and Allen are still both all star caliber players.  Lamar Odom is a nice player, but not on their level.  As for not being able to take over a game.  Did you watch game 7 against Cleveland?  Is that not what Pierce did that game?  Maybe I was seeing things?  You can say all three have underachieved, OR you could look at it as they've never been on teams good enough to win it all.  Ray Allen's teams in Milwaukee and Seattle were NEVER good enough, same with Paul/Antoine's Celts teams, and the T'Wolves.  Don't forget Kobe had the pleasure of playing with a guy named Shaq in his prime.  That kind of helped him along.  I know you're hoping the C's lose to the Pistons so it can further back up your "underachiever" point, and that would lend some credence to it.  Their backs are against the wall right now.  We'll see how the BIG 3 respond, more importantly though, how the rest of the cast responds.  The BIG 3 (or whatever you want to call them) can't do it alone.

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: May 24, 2008, 11:24:13 PM »

As for not being able to take over a game.  Did you watch game 7 against Cleveland?  Is that not what Pierce did that game?  Maybe I was seeing things?
Taking over a game every once in a while, and having the ability to do it at will, are two different things.  Thats the difference between Pierce and Kobe.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #270 on: May 24, 2008, 11:33:39 PM »

C's just won convincingly at The Palace... Not over yet...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #271 on: May 25, 2008, 12:39:48 AM »

As for not being able to take over a game.  Did you watch game 7 against Cleveland?  Is that not what Pierce did that game?  Maybe I was seeing things?
Taking over a game every once in a while, and having the ability to do it at will, are two different things.  Thats the difference between Pierce and Kobe.
Oh I'm not trying to compare Pierce to Kobe, there is no comparison there.  I'll be the first to admit it, but I believe D stated that NONE of the Big 3 on the Celtics could take a game over like Kobe.  Well that's false, they can.  Obviously not on a consistent basis like Kobe, but they can get it done.

More importantly though, like I stated before, it's the rest of the guys outside the Big 3 that really matter.  They played great tonight, and that's the reason they were able to trounce the Pistons on their home floor.  Cassell, Perk, Posey, Rondo, et. al.  Great effort from the whole team tonight.  That's just what the doctor ordered.  I just hope they don't let up for game 4.  Keep it going C's.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #272 on: May 25, 2008, 02:13:01 AM »

Who thinks that Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy are going to engage in fisticuffs before the season is over?

I do.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #273 on: May 25, 2008, 11:00:26 AM »

Who thinks that Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy are going to engage in fisticuffs before the season is over?

I do.
I enjoy their banter during games.  It's entertaining.  Van Gundy asking Mark Jackson last night who took the SAT's for him was classic.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #274 on: May 25, 2008, 11:13:11 AM »

lol

yeah Mark Jackson is funny, he had some great years with the Pacers though. Solid PG.

Yeah the Celtics in 5, still...

Boston's big 3 are better than Lamar Odom isn't what Paul Pierce is... face it and Garnet is a different type of player than Kobe, althought Kobe is better and Allen is a much better shooter than Gasol even though he's struggled.

The Spurs gotta win tonight or it's over, if they lose tonight there's no way in hell they come back 4 in a row.

Come on Spurs! I think they will pull this one out tonight and game 4 too.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #275 on: May 25, 2008, 10:31:14 PM »

dude youre nuts.....Gasol is a slightly above average player...and Odom is garbage.....Kobe is the best player in the universe though...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #276 on: May 25, 2008, 11:44:04 PM »

dude youre nuts.....Gasol is a slightly above average player...and Odom is garbage.....Kobe is the best player in the universe though...
Well in his defense, he HATES KG, and for that reason Allen and Pierce get lumped into the mix.  Did I mention KG is averaging 20 and 10 this post-season.  What a choke aritst?

Also, I wouldn't say Odom is garbage.  He's a very solid player.  Gasol too.  I'm willing to admit that, unlike some people who continue to berate KG, Allen, and Pierce, for little to no reason.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #277 on: May 26, 2008, 01:28:29 AM »

What a sorry game. 

They have to win the next one to make life easy for them.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #278 on: May 28, 2008, 12:13:27 AM »

Kobe Bryant's post game reaction:  "No Foul"
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #279 on: May 28, 2008, 01:33:05 AM »

Kobe Bryant's post game reaction:  "No Foul"

Kobe and Barry uberpizz0wnered Craig Sager after the game.

The stupid Lakers kept trying to give the game away.  I have a few gray hairs now.

Gasol should have at least made one of those free throws.  Kobe should have managed the clock better.  They made so many mistakes that could cost them in the championship round.

5 more victories to go.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: