Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:59:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Not a Word Yet About CD = No New CD Before RIR4
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a Word Yet About CD = No New CD Before RIR4  (Read 73510 times)
madagas
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2004, 03:29:40 PM »

Just relax and go find another "well promoted" band. It doesn't take a psychology degree to notice that you are way to bent out of shape and pissed over something as trivial as a rock band. Simply go pass the time somewhere else.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2004, 03:39:42 PM »

And in the case of GNR, they have to overcome alot of negative publicity (god aweful VMA performance, concert no-shows, failed tour) before they can even get back to even ground with other acts that have failed with good music...and if you think 2 months is enough time then you're wrong
How can you say the vmas was god awful? Axl wasnt his best singing wise{except for the howl, and maddy}, but the band fukin rocked.
Why are you bringing up concert no-shows when that kind of behavior is nothing new? The public didnt have a problem with it back in the day so why do they care now. I already stated my opinion on the last tour.
And 2 months is plenty of time to promote this album. Plenty

And one other thing...if they are counting on the quality of music we have heard so far to sell and promote their album then they are dead in the water.  Because songs like Maddy and The Blues will take them no where.  They need to be promoting this thing right now to give it even a shot of being successful, which is presumably what they want to be...successful.
What dont you understand? The songs they are playing now will not be thier singles. So who is claiming they are gonna carry this band? Singles carry/promote bands and albums. Axl has said we havnt heard the big guns. Whether you believe him or not is a totallly different story but the songs they are banking on havnt been heard yet.
Again, they do not have to start promoting this album right now. No way its still to early. I'm not dumb enough to say that the songs we have heard are instant classics but i will say they are a lot better than what is out there right now. Teh songs we have heard are the type of songs that make an overall album great.

Is gnr a joke to the public? Yes. but that gets way overblown. The reason gnr is a joke because of all the "delays", and rumors surrounding this band. That is why. It has nothing to do with the music. And for me its about the music. SO when they release thier material and it blows everythign out of the water, then guess what, the same people who are killing time, making fun of axls braids, will be the same people who will drop to their knees for an interview if this band gets big.
I take what everyone says with a grain of salt. Until the music comes out i could care less what anyone says.

Plus you have to realize, gnr arent just banking on thier old fans. For them to be popular, in terms of mainstream success, they need the kids and new fans. The history of this band will not affect those people. They have virgin ears. And if they liek what they hear, guess what that kid from idaho will embrace axl,bucket or whoever as his band, guns n roses. People are def aware of the past, but they arent pissed off like old gnr fans are. Good/great music changes a lot of opinions. SO once again, the material this band puts out iwll make or break them.
Not whether you think they market the right way or do thinsg the right way. Gnr has and always will do things their own way. Its fukin rock n roll, not some pop or rock band that does things by the book. This is fukin rock n roll. Since when does rock n roll have a rule book? If you are looking at one you arent looking at rock n roll. I dont need a band to pat me on the shoulder and say hello on a website. I need my band to make killer music. And if that means they lay low throughout that whole time. SO be it. I know when they get things rolling they will do all that communication stuff.Till then sit back and relax.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 03:57:53 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2004, 03:44:16 PM »

After last november came and went without a word. I gave up all concern about when this album will come out.

I mean really... this is absurd... So I don't get excited about anything anymore... when i have the disk in my hand i'll believe.... actually when I have in my cd player and i hear axl's voice .. then i'll believe it.... thats it.

Axl's a complete bafoon if he plays RIR4 without a new disk... no cd, no new tunes or else this whole secrecy thing was for nothing... no new tunes... axl looks like an even bigger wash uped has been than he already does.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2004, 03:45:46 PM »

The new album will not necessarily be out before RIR. It will be released when it is deemed best to release it. It depends on the promotional planning.

Regarding the Rock am ring concert, the situation is the same as it was before despite all the rumors and announced bands. This has been confirmed by both management and RAR
madagas
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2004, 03:51:37 PM »

Here we go again....next thing you know it's a Christmas release....I will say this whole fiasco is comical.  Roll Eyes
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2004, 03:52:24 PM »

The new album will not necessarily be out before RIR. It will be released when it is deemed best to release it. It depends on the promotional planning.
Then i think that is really dumb, if that turns out to be the case. I have no problem in waiting. I really dont. WHenever the cd is done, fine but to play rir4 with another setlist of afd or illusions is dumb. I'm sick of people bashing this band when they play the old songs. I want them to show the world the new stuff so they can fukin shut everyone up. If its not ready fine but dont do rir4. I hope they dont play any new songs then. I dont wanna hear any new songs live. I want the studio versions. If it takes another year, ill wait, but i think they should do this right.
They have kept everything under lock n key and its a great mystery and mystique. WHy ruin it by playing it live for the first time.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2004, 03:55:45 PM »

i dont give a fuck about CD coming out before or after the concert in lisbon!
i prefer 1000 times seeing then live here in lisbon than having CD in my hands.
and yes i wouldnt mind at ALL if they played the 2002 US Tour setlist in here Smiley
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2004, 03:57:17 PM »

a little off topic, but what would you guys have said if axl really came in the public... and said ONE word.... and then he left.. wonder what that word would be... would it be hey? or "soon" or maybe never!

think the least he could say is to the camera man "Fuck off!"  hihi

GOD, i am bored!!

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
madagas
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2004, 03:59:46 PM »

Younggunner, I honestly didn't know why they would play Rio3 without a single or album. Then the mini world tour then I was floored that they would play the same setlist and tour the US without an album. NOTHING Axl has done has made any sense except for one thing-he put together a kick ass band. In essence, everything else has been a failure. Trying to use logic with this whole comeback at this point is completely illogical on your part. I am firmly convinced that we are no closer to an album release than we were last year at this very same time. What is different-somebody please give concrete proof of what is the difference between now and last February?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 04:04:55 PM by madagas » Logged
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2004, 04:01:41 PM »

I think it's pretty much safe to say that it won't be out before RIR. Didn't Dizzy say they haven't even set a date yet?

younggunner, I agree with you. I really want to hear what the band is capable of doing on their own. It's cool hearing the old songs but they are a new band who deserves to have their own music heard. It is silly to do RIR and any other festivals if CD isn't right behind it.
Hosen
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2004, 04:03:42 PM »

Mysteron said that the new tour would be in support of a new "product". So if CD isn't out before RIR, I guess there isn't going to be an Euro tour this summer.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2004, 04:04:50 PM »

I think all info points at this:

1. The record is done and the record company holds it in their hands.
2. Axl will do Rock in Rio as usual, with or without the CD released.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
duffman
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2004, 04:05:47 PM »

I agree with TyRod's arguement.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2004, 04:17:58 PM »

Younggunner, I honestly didn't know why they would play Rio3 without a single or album. Then the mini world tour then I was floored that they would play the same setlist and tour the US without an album. NOTHING Axl has done has made any sense except for one thing-he put together a kick ass band. In essence, everything else has been a failure. Trying to use logic with this whole comeback at this point is completely illogical on your part. I am firmly convinced that we are no closer to an album release than we were last year at this very same time. What is different-somebody please give concrete proof of what is the difference between now and last February?
Point well taken, and i understand what your saying. The only thing iw ould say about that is that everone assumed that the band was ready a few years ago to go ahead with their 3 album 5yr tour plan. Im doing the same thing now, but being that they did nothing up until 2000 they could afford to do what they did. They could go out and do a afd tour and not have to worry about releasing the new stuff.

I believe its a totally different ballgame now because they dont have that luxury anymore.

But i do understand what your saying

raoxsle
Banned
Rocker

Raoxsle is dead. You may call me....The Joker.

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2004, 04:22:57 PM »

Just my opinion, but since it is now the first week of February and we have no word from Axl in over 14 months (not 1 word mind you), and since there is supposed to be a concert on May 30, 2004 that alot of you think won't take place without an album release, and given the fact that VR has already begun promotion on Comrades due out May 10, I was just thinking that there is now almost no chnace that CD will be out before May 30, 2004.

Furthermore, based on some comments from the band, it is likely that the album will not even be entirely done by then.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about an album anytime soon.  And if you do, then I have a bridge to sell you because you are just plain naive and stupid.

/Tulip

(yawn)....news....in....March....

"There's no difference between me and everyone else. All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.&am
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2004, 04:24:37 PM »

Just my opinion, but since it is now the first week of February and we have no word from Axl in over 14 months (not 1 word mind you), and since there is supposed to be a concert on May 30, 2004 that alot of you think won't take place without an album release, and given the fact that VR has already begun promotion on Comrades due out May 10, I was just thinking that there is now almost no chnace that CD will be out before May 30, 2004.

Furthermore, based on some comments from the band, it is likely that the album will not even be entirely done by then.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about an album anytime soon.  And if you do, then I have a bridge to sell you because you are just plain naive and stupid.

/Tulip

jesus christ enough of this fucking crap already!!!!!

say your source or shut the fuck up
madagas
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2004, 04:26:57 PM »

Rao, I hope you are right. They need this record out before they start up with a tour again. That should be obvious to the record company and the band.  Smiley
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2004, 04:28:09 PM »

(yawn) ... I'll ... bet ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2004, 04:30:16 PM »

"How can you say the vmas was god awful? Axl wasnt his best singing wise{except for the howl, and maddy}, but the band fukin rocked."

Yeah the band was great, Axl wasn’t his best singing wise…what’s his occupation again, OH YEAH, a SINGER…(don't give me any songwriter BS, when you're touring you're a performer)

"Why are you bringing up concert no-shows when that kind of behavior is nothing new? The public didnt have a problem with it back in the day so why do they care now. I already stated my opinion on the last tour."

To quote the then, Johnny Rotten, “did you ever get the feeling you were being cheated.”  You can’t say, well, back when they (GNR) were the biggest thing since sliced bread the public didn’t care, so why should they now.

He comes along ump-teen years later and abandons over his new band on the first gig of the tour? Abandons over his band on a sold out gig, (when he ain’t selling like sliced bread) and he’s not a 20 something year old now, but a 40 year old MAN?  I realize you’re young, but it’s about freaking time you lay some accountability on your man. No shows (on your own comeback tour, abandoning your band, is bad business…and in case you haven’t noticed, business has been streamlining itself since 9\11 …so that arrogant shit behavior ain’t flying no more, ESPECIALLY when you ain’t bringing in the benjamins like you use to...

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm taking my energy back, take madagas's (sp?) advice and going to listen to some bands who actually produce and get on with the day hihi
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2004, 04:34:42 PM »

If the tour is supporting a new product, then I would expect information about the new product to be known by Rock in Rio. That's just logic

I do not know plans or any timetables. Maybe gnr will debut a new single at RIR, or maybe they are considering a film. I don't know. But factors like this will influence the release date.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: