Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:08:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why isnt G'N'R in the hall of fame???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why isnt G'N'R in the hall of fame???  (Read 6405 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: March 12, 2004, 09:07:20 PM »

Hey jsut wonderin why the hell Guns N Roses isnt in the rock and roll hall of fame,theres somethin wrong with that like come on,the police r in there and the only hit they ever had was 'Every Breath You Take', and guns n roses has Paradise City,November Rain,Welcome To The Jungle,Sweet Chile O mine and Estranged plus many more but still its rediculous thats gnr isnt in the hall of fame,u guys agree?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 09:34:11 PM »

1) The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is shit and a whole other topic on why it's shit.  It doesn't mean anything.

2) There's a certain time period after the release of a band's first album that must pass before they can be in the rnr hof, I think it's 25 years.  In any case, Gn'R isn't eligible yet.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
privatereserve
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 09:39:41 PM »

Because GNR suck.  Just kidding.  Its no big deal.  Even if they did Axl would have someone else exept it.  Doesn't everybody else think so?  
Dizzy
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 10:55:37 PM »

Loretion is correct and incorrect.

He is correct that a band must be at least 25 years old before it is inducted.  

He is incorrect that the Hall of Fame means shit.  The Hall of Fame rules.   Cool
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 11:19:04 PM »

Even at 25 years they don't always put good bands in, IE Van Halen was eligible, but they have to wait until next year, at least they'll sound good when they play being on the road for awhile before that.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
In a coma
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2004, 05:05:43 AM »

It is 25 years from the release of your debut album. I was wondering about this the other day. If Gnr got inducted would the original line up reform. I figure that once Axl gets CD out of his system and VR have been around awhile they could put there differences aside. I think this is the only time a reunion is even slightly possible.

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2004, 05:45:11 AM »

Is queen in the RnR hall of fame?

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
America's Least Wanted
Headliner

So Damn Cool

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2004, 07:05:53 AM »

Would every GN'R member ever go in then Paul Tobias? Slash? Buckethead?.......or would it just be the original line up.........or present........or would they think fuck it it's too complicated and not bother putting GN'R in?

I Think Sex Is Overated To!
BucketRose
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2004, 07:46:16 AM »

Frankly, GnR don't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.  They wasted more potential than probably any other band in the history of rock music.  
Dizzy
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2004, 09:38:52 AM »

Would every GN'R member ever go in then Paul Tobias? Slash? Buckethead?...?

My guess would be the original lineup.  They're the band that wrote and recorded the original songs and made the band name famous.

It is 25 years from the release of your debut album.

Yes.

If Gnr got inducted would the original line up reform.

I seriously doubt it.
Counterfeit_God
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 07:05:43 AM »

Frankly, GnR don't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.  They wasted more potential than probably any other band in the history of rock music.  

The sad thing is, Guns N' Roses wasted more potential than most other bands ever had to begin with.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2004, 09:01:09 AM »

dunno, should think so though.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2004, 09:33:08 AM »

The sad thing is, Guns N' Roses wasted more potential than most other bands ever had to begin with.

This is true I'm afraid.   Cry

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2004, 11:43:06 AM »

He is incorrect that the Hall of Fame means shit.  The Hall of Fame rules.   Cool

The concept of the hall of fame is cool.  The fact that you have to be a good band and willing to pay the organization lotso money to get in is lame.  And, a year or two ago, there was some scandal with the owner and what she was doing with all the money - nobody should be getting rich off a tribute to the greatness of musicians.

Anyway, there's been so many good, influential bands that will never make it in the Rn'R HOF.  What's the purpose of it?  To point out which ones were willing to pay to make their name remembered in a shrine to themselves?

Gn'R's greatness will not be dimished or be forgotten because they aren't (or may not ever be) in it.  Their songs will live on and that's what will be remembered.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 11:45:32 AM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2004, 12:16:17 PM »

the original members are always inducted.  being from cleveland i've been to the hall a number of times.  they list the members of the bands and it somewhat varies.  the original lineup for bands like The Who and The Rolling Stones are they, with none of the "replacement" members, but at the same time there are some like Pink Floyd who are inducted without Syd Barrett, who was a founding member but was only on the first record.  I'm not really sure who decides, but more times than not its the original lineup and that's all.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2004, 01:43:06 PM »

the police r in there and the only hit they ever had was 'Every Breath You Take',

Shut up, the Police are awesome.

What do you think will happen to the Hall of Fame 25 years from now?  I mean, once you take care of your GN'Rs and your Pearl Jams... who's going to get in? Nickelback?  nervous
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 01:46:11 PM by Sky72 » Logged
RZ4
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2004, 03:32:09 PM »

Yes, Queen were inducted in 2001.
Dizzy
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2004, 05:57:41 PM »

I'm not really sure who decides, but more times than not its the original lineup and that's all.

I think it's the most famous and most definitive lineup.

Brian Johnson got his due when AC/DC was inducted.  Cliff Williams was also in there, despite the fact that he isn't AC/DC's original bass player.  Mark Evans played bass on AC/DC's first couple albums, then Cliff Williams took over in 1978 and has remained ever since.

And I highly doubt Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, and Bob Welch are going to be inducted when Fleetwood Mac's day comes (if Fleetwood hasn't been inducted already).
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2004, 07:09:09 PM »

Sorry but the Police are an amazing band with a lot more hits than Every Breath You Take. I think they had around 15 hits and could have had more had they stayed together. As for GNR, they too could have easily gone the HOF route by staying together, dutifully putting out records and touring the way all "classic rock" bands do it. But GNR have nothing in common with anyone. They are unique in their majesty and their misery.

I've seen enough.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: