Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:11:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  .
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 2791 times)
GNFNR
« on: July 02, 2007, 01:01:09 PM »

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:50:48 PM by GNFNR » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 01:29:01 PM »

i like it, especially since it defends glam and doesnt mock it

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 11:25:08 PM »

It was quite a good documentary.  Some of those death metal bands were downright crazy.  Actually killing people, that's a little too much for me.  That's where I draw the line.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 11:59:12 PM »

I know thats what i liked to about it they didn't mock any form of Metal they talked about it defended it and gave details as to who started it and who is in that form of Metal as well ect. I liked it.

Then they got into the Death Metal and Doom and Noregean (sp?) Death Metal and how they burned churches to prove they're "point". thats just not cool. Burnin' churches?, What the fuck, Thats the kind of music that gives all Metal Music in general a bad name. Then they talked to this one dude, real freak, ( i think he was drinking blood from a wine glass) then  they talked to Kerry queen, whom i hate, about religion and how its this and that its just made me sick to see this asshole talking about something like that because its people like him that gave Metal a bad name for being dangerous or satanistic.

I'll be the first to defend Metal but assholes like Kerry King and that dude who killed a priest and burned down a church, i'm out.

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 12:32:15 AM »

I liked the documentary...perhaps a little corny in parts, but good overall.  The Wacken footage was great.

I know thats what i liked to about it they didn't mock any form of Metal they talked about it defended it and gave details as to who started it and who is in that form of Metal as well ect. I liked it.

Then they got into the Death Metal and Doom and Noregean (sp?) Death Metal and how they burned churches to prove they're "point". thats just not cool. Burnin' churches?, What the fuck, Thats the kind of music that gives all Metal Music in general a bad name. Then they talked to this one dude, real freak, ( i think he was drinking blood from a wine glass) then  they talked to Kerry queen, whom i hate, about religion and how its this and that its just made me sick to see this asshole talking about something like that because its people like him that gave Metal a bad name for being dangerous or satanistic.

I'll be the first to defend Metal but assholes like Kerry King and that dude who killed a priest and burned down a church, i'm out.

I think you mean black metal, rather than death or doom, being responsible for many of the Norwegian incidents. 

But if you ask me, the very few black metallers who do that don't speak for the majority of the sub-genre.   

Oh...and Kerry King is a total douche.  Man, that guy takes himself WAY too seriously.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 12:40:11 AM »

ohhh i know man, he is the biggest prick ever.

and i know that not all Black metallers are like that i'm just saying that shit like that happening is what imo gave a Metal a bad name, in general, like all Metal.

and frankly, call me a n00b but wtf is the diff between Death Black and doom Metal? its all the same to me i can't understand what the fuck there saying or singing about if its different than satan or death. I like music that i can understand ya know. Thats why i went from modern gay music of today to 80s metal ok

but seriously whats the diff Undecided

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 12:49:23 AM »

and frankly, call me a n00b but wtf is the diff between Death Black and doom Metal? its all the same to me i can't understand what the fuck there saying or singing about if its different than satan or death. I like music that i can understand ya know. Thats why i went from modern gay music of today to 80s metal ok

but seriously whats the diff Undecided

They usually all use the non-clean vocals, so that's a similarity.  Black is the fastest, using a lot of blast beats (super fast drumming).  Doom is the slowest.  Death is in between, and often the heaviest.  There are, of course (as is always the case in metal) a number of sub-sub-genres...funeral doom, melodic death, blackened death. 

Black tends to deal the most strongly in anti-religious content...specifically content aimed at the Abrahamic religions, which they (mostly Scandinavian) see as having destroyed the native Scandinavian cultures.  THey're also the ones who wear the "corpse paint" which essentially looks like more evil KISS makeup. 

But there is no real limit to the content...it can be political, religious, or silly satanic crap.   

A nice breakdown of metal genres can be found here:

http://www.metalcrypt.com/genresframe.php

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 01:10:51 AM »

thanks man ok

you indeed know your shit beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 01:21:35 AM »

thanks man ok

No problem.  If you want to sift the quality bands out of those genres, I have plenty of suggestions, so you can avoid the hit or miss metal exploration (which usually involves a LOT of "miss").

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 01:30:16 AM »

thanks man ok

No problem.? If you want to sift the quality bands out of those genres, I have plenty of suggestions, so you can avoid the hit or miss metal exploration (which usually involves a LOT of "miss").

rofl
yeah tell me whats good whats crap? ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 01:40:44 AM »

thanks man ok

No problem.  If you want to sift the quality bands out of those genres, I have plenty of suggestions, so you can avoid the hit or miss metal exploration (which usually involves a LOT of "miss").

rofl
yeah tell me whats good whats crap? ok

If anyone in corpse paint contacts you through Myspace...that's usually a good one to skip.  Wink

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 01:46:16 AM »

lol i'll take note of that beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 03:33:18 AM »

It's pretty good, but I enjoyed Heavy: The Story of Metal a bit more, even though both are uneven. Just watch both and let the blanks fill themselves in.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 11:23:27 AM »

It's pretty good, but I enjoyed Heavy: The Story of Metal a bit more, even though both are uneven. Just watch both and let the blanks fill themselves in.

heavy the story of metal was good because it let the artists themselves talk about metal. and they had ALOT of guys. But I HATED listening to the critics/Magazine guys. Its like I dont care what you have to say... Roll Eyes

this was a good documentary though. some bands like slayer make me laugh how seriosly they take themselves rofl

actually as much as i love bands like megadeth, alot those bands/fans who are like "if its not this heavy/fast It sucks" are some idiots rofl
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: