Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:36:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227846 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  2008 Music Preview
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 Music Preview  (Read 2941 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: January 06, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »

The 2008 music preview
By DARRYL STERDAN -- Sun Media

"Nothing changes on New Year?s Day," Bono once claimed. Maybe not. But a week later? That?s another story.

On Tuesday, the first CDs of 2008 begin arriving in stores. And soon we?ll be wading through a veritable blizzard of new tunes by everyone from Joe Jackson to Alan Jackson to (cross your fingers) Michael Jackson. Here?s a glance at some of the major titles due over the next few months. But before you start marking the calendar, remember: Everything is subject to change ? whether Bono likes it or not.

Safe Bets

January
Ringo Starr
Liverpool 8
The fourth Beatle?s first Capitol album in more than 30 years is named for his old address. Good thing he didn?t grow up in Shitterton.
Jan. 15

Marah
Angels of Destruction!
These Brooklyn-based rockers are one part Springsteen, one part Replacements ? and the best band you?ve never heard. Do something about that, would ya?
Jan. 15

Drive-By Truckers
Brighter Than Creation?s Dark
Expect more darkness from these gritty southern rockers ? and expect this eighth album to be one of the winter?s bright spots.
Jan. 22

Willie Nelson
Moment of Forever
Ryan Adams produced the redheaded stranger?s last disc. This time it?s Kenny Chesney. That doesn?t seem like an improvement.
Jan. 29

Robert Pollard
Superman Was a Rocker
By the time you finish reading this sentence, the prolific ex-leader of Guided by Voices will have already written and recorded his next album.
Jan. 29

February

Sheryl Crow
Detours
Crow calls this her most honest album, with songs about Lance, cancer and her adopted son. So much for having some fun.
Feb. 5

Alan Jackson
Good Times
If the title is any sign, this could be a return to the country king?s party-hearty ways after a couple of serious albums.
Feb. 5

Jack Johnson
Sleeping Through the Static
We could not think off a more fitting title for this snore-inducing singer-songwriter?s latest release.
Feb. 5

Lenny Kravitz
It Is Time for a Love Revolution
As usual, Lenny plays all the instruments on his first album in four years.
Dude, it would go faster if you had a band.
Feb. 5

March

The Black Crowes
Warpaint
Chris and Rich Robinson reform their southern harmony and musical companions for their first studio album in seven years.
March 4

Van Morrison
Keep It Simple
Van the Man?s been on a creative roll in the studio lately. Here?s hoping it continues. After all, it?s too late to stop now.
March 11

The Presidents of the United States of America
These Are the Good Times People
Yep, the guys who sang Peaches and Lump. They?re still around. No, we don?t care either.
March 11

Counting Crows
Saturday Nights, Sunday Mornings
In keeping with its title, the fifth disc from these pop-rockers is divided between electric rockers and acoustic ballads.
March 25

Panic! at the Disco
TBA
The Vegas emo-popsters are still putting the finishing touches on their followup to 2005?s a Fever You Can?t Sweat Out.
March 25

« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 12:14:52 PM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 12:14:02 PM »

April

Moby
Last Night
Moby says this one is more dance-oriented than his last couple of discs. Here?s hoping it?s more memorable too.
April 1

Definite Maybes

AC/DC
Strap It On
We hear it might be a double album. After eight freaking years, it oughta be.

Bryan Adams
Just what the world needs ? another album of Adams songs recorded in hotel rooms.

Mariah Carey
TBA
Once upon a time, this was supposedly called Illusions: The Butterfly Within. Does that mean the title is now up for grabs?

Coldplay
TBA
Chris Martin and his U2 wannabes have apparently been working with the perfect producer ? Brian Eno.

The Cure
TBA
Supposedly, it?s a two-disc set. Doubtless, Robert Smith will claim it?s gonna be their last ? until the next one.

Def Leppard
Songs from the Sparkle Lounge
Sure, you laugh. But you know you?ll still go see them in concert.

Dr. Dre
Detox
The G-funk producer?s last CD came out in 1999 and was called 2001. Shouldn?t this one be called 2010?

Lauryn Hill
Khulami Phase
Maybe this will be the year somebody coaxes Lauryn out of the house.

Michael Jackson
TBA
Sure, he?s long overdue for a comeback. Thing is, does anyone really believe he?s capable of pulling it off anymore?

Scarlett Johansson
TBA
The guest list supposedly includes members of TV on the Radio and Yeah Yeah Yeahs. So it might not suck completely.

Judas Priest
TBA
Last we heard, this was a concept album about Nostradamus. Wonder if he predicted that?

LL Cool J
Todd Smith, Part 2: Back to Cool
Well, it couldn?t suck any worse than its putrid 2006 predecessor. Or could it?

Courtney Love
Nobody?s Daughter
Whether you love her or hate her, you know this is gonna be interesting.

Madonna
Licorice
This will be the Material Girl?s last album of new material before she leaves her record label. Last word is it?s due in late April.

Metallica
TBA
Assuming their therapist tells them it?s OK, this should be the year that metal?s most sensitive boys finally follow up 2003?s St. Anger.

Alanis Morissette
Flavors of Entanglement
Reportedly, this disc mixes world and folk influences with the sonic experiments of Bj?rk producer Guy Sigsworth. Just thought you oughta know.

No Doubt
TBA
From what we?ve heard, the music is done ? but Gwen still has to write the words and lay down vocals.

Oasis
TBA
They?re in the studio ? and currently without a record deal. Will the Gallaghers follow Radiohead into cyberspace?

R.E.M.
TBA
Some folks predict the Georgia giants? 14th studio album could be out April 1. Or is that an early April Fool?s joke?

Roxy Music
TBA
If it?s true, this will be Bryan Ferry and co?s first disc of new tunes since Avalon.

Nicole Scherzinger
Her Name Is Nicole ...
The Pussycat Dolls frontwoman?s solo debut has been delayed umpteen times. Maybe the music biz is finally smartening up.

Slayer
TBA
Here comes the pain, death-metal fans ? singer Tom Araya says the band's 11th studio album will likely be its last.

U2
TBA
Back in the spring, The Edge said they were in the studio with Rick Rubin. Even at his notoriously slow pace, they could have a disc by now.

The Verve
TBA
This would be the reunited band's first album since 1997's Urban Hymns. One hint, guys: Don?t sample The Stones this time.

Weezer
TBA
Some pranksters claimed the L.A. pop-rockers? sixth album would be out in April. Hopefully, they fooled Rivers Cuomo into working faster.

Stevie Wonder
The Gospel Inspired by Lula
His last CD took a decade. So unless Stevie?s really upped the work ethic, we?d be surprised to see this disc in 2008.

Don?t Hold Your Breath

Neil Young
Archives Vol. 1: 1963 - 1972
It was supposed to be out last fall. Then we heard Valentine?s Day. His website still says ?Coming in 2007.? Your guess is as good as ours.

Guns N? Roses
Chinese Democracy
Someday, if we?re lucky, Axl?s children will pry this out of his cold dead hands and release it.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 12:18:01 PM »

nothing too amazing there  then.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 03:38:01 PM »

Have you heard any of the music? Roll Eyes...How do you know its not going to be good?

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 04:04:11 PM »

my favourite record of 2008 is not on that list..

not that i've heard it yet but i know that Wednesday 13's new record titled "Skeletons" will be bad ass headbanger

it's supposed to be out this spring  yes
Veon
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 04:40:11 PM »

The Gutter Twins album is being released on March 4th, as well as the new Flogging Molly album.  Couple that with the Black Crowes release that day, and life is good...
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 05:09:13 PM »

What about Queen and Aerosmith?  Smiley
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 06:13:02 PM »

Have you heard any of the music? Roll Eyes...How do you know its not going to be good?

artists i mean. very few there im looking out for.

html sucks
Chief
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 07:12:48 PM »

thanks, this cracked me up!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 09:28:10 PM »

Also Motley Crue and The Prodigy have said we might see new music in 2008, at least they're working on it peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 03:32:17 AM »

Lenny's album is gonna be great, i hope he comes to Edmonton when he tours!  His new single is really good.  I can't wait for AC/DC, Bryan Adams.  Sorta interested to hear MJ and new Metallica CD, although i feel i will be let down.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 08:35:42 AM »

Lenny's album is gonna be great, i hope he comes to Edmonton when he tours!? His new single is really good.? I can't wait for AC/DC, Bryan Adams.? Sorta interested to hear MJ and new Metallica CD, although i feel i will be let down.
Yeah, I'm exited to listen to what they all will deliver too, and the Judas Priest concept album peace
What the name of the single? I'll be Waiting?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 08:47:07 AM »

Dope, Backyard Babies, slipknot, Social Distortion.. i think those 4 is said to put out records in 2008 to and i'll check them out for sure yes

Rage against the machine might put out a Live record who knows

dunno if they're mentioned but a band not to forget is buckcherry  drool
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 12:04:22 PM »

Dope, Backyard Babies, slipknot, Social Distortion.. i think those 4 is said to put out records in 2008 to and i'll check them out for sure yes

Rage against the machine might put out a Live record who knows

dunno if they're mentioned but a band not to forget is buckcherry  drool

i thought slipknots last album was subliminal verses? and no more were they going to do?

html sucks
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 12:49:27 PM »

i thought slipknots last album was subliminal verses? and no more were they going to do?

i think they said that at the time but.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slipknot%27s_4th_Studio_Album
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »

The Gutter Twins album is being released on March 4th,

Oh yeah...  drool

Looking forward to that one.

Hard to believe it's been over three years since Mark released a solo album, but he's been quite busy since...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 06:25:13 PM »

Since it's mentioned in this thread, R.E.M's is called Accelerate, and is out April 1st. I'm a huge REM fan-they are working with a new producer and of course are now saying in interviews that the communication in the band was not good for the last few albums (I liked Around the Sun, which everyone seems to hate). They need to get over the excuse of not having Bill Berry and not sure how to go about things excuse

libertad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: