Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:46:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the best gnr cover band ever
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the best gnr cover band ever  (Read 15105 times)
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2006, 04:16:17 AM »

better sounds brilliant, great work from this cover band!
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2006, 12:57:19 PM »

Yes, it is Joel and it's not playback.
I know him, he is the best Axl cover I've ever seen! His live performance is even better when you can see him do all those things Axl does.
Joel is a great fan, Axl should see him....
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2006, 01:41:13 PM »

http://www.thebestgnrcover.com/audio.htm

Go there and listen Sweet Child o Mine, it doesn't sound like axl, nobody can sing like axl, Joel is quite close to that.

But yea, Axl Should see Joel.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 01:48:00 PM by Jude » Logged

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2006, 04:41:58 PM »

I just listened to Better.

you guys must be deaf, that band sounds like shit!!!  the timing is horrible and the guitar work sucks.

the voice sounds a lot like axl, but beyond that this band stinks.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2006, 05:03:33 PM »

Fun to watch on youtube but the sound is so bad I cannot make a judgement.  Listened to Sweet Child of Mine and I don't buy it...but then again the bar is pretty high.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2006, 05:28:45 PM »

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's kinda scary with all the tatoos and the hair...

I mean, having a cover band is one thing, but going as far as getting all the same tatoos like Axl, and his hair...  Undecided

Tatoos are kinda personal.

I don't know, it's just something that I'd never do.

The effort is good though... The music is good, vocals are good, the dressing is similar... I don't know.

Maybe it's just cause I'm not so much into cover bands...

Axls Roses
Opening Act

where today?

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2006, 05:30:13 PM »

this guy is an axl clone
sounds just like him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW1m0iy13T0&mode=related&search=

mygnrforum had this posted earlyer ok

AR

"He's in my ass, thats where Slash is, fuckhead, go home!"
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2006, 05:33:59 PM »

http://www.thebestgnrcover.com/audio.htm

Go there and listen Sweet Child o Mine, it doesn't sound like axl, nobody can sing like axl, Joel is quite close to that.

But yea, Axl Should see Joel.

Go listen to UK Guns N' Roses. Their singer is the best "old" Axl impersonator out there. They don't play the new songs (yet) so I don't know how he'd sound on those, but from the songs they've got on their website plus stuff on YouTube, he's without doubt the best Axl cover singer there is.

http://www.ukgunsnroses.com/audio/sweetchild.mp3 - a little bit nasally, but overall still very good
http://www.ukgunsnroses.com/audio/nightrain.mp3
http://www.ukgunsnroses.com/audio/rocketqueen.mp3 - on this one, he absolutely nails the song (especially the last half of it)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 05:48:18 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2006, 06:27:12 PM »

I don't really like this cover bands at all.. not because the music, this band plays very good and the singer is great, but I just don't like the impersonators... I just feel it's ridiculous.  no
It will be great if they just play the covers without tryin' to be them and makin' themselves clowns.

Undecided Just my oppinion.

//JK
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2006, 06:30:19 PM »

"Better" sounds better with this cover band than with the newGNR!! Shocked
They play it with a more Rock feel, less emo/metal. It's more energetic. It also sounds much better without the shred. I like it like that!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 06:38:31 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Axls Roses
Opening Act

where today?

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2006, 06:32:36 PM »

I don't really like this cover bands at all.. not because the music, this band plays very good and the singer is great, but I just don't like the impersonators... I just feel it's ridiculous.? no
It will be great if they just play the covers without tryin' to be them and makin' themselves clowns.

Yeah, think of what that kid could do with his own material with a voice like that. ?It's almost like he is waisting his talent away because there is only so far you can go as a tribute...

Someone so young should be writing his own songs, that way GNR would have a bit of help saving rock and roll.

AR

"He's in my ass, thats where Slash is, fuckhead, go home!"
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2006, 06:32:46 PM »

The singer is decent... the band is terrible
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2006, 06:40:26 PM »

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's kinda scary with all the tatoos and the hair...

I mean, having a cover band is one thing, but going as far as getting all the same tatoos like Axl, and his hair...  Undecided

The effort is good though... The music is good, vocals are good, the dressing is similar... I don't know.

There is a thread asking about a "halloween event" at the show.  It would be pretty funny if this guy showed up and started singing and then Axl came on stage.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2006, 07:17:26 PM »

Joel,

you guys fuckin rock.  Are you interested in coming to a bar in Chatham, Ontario
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2006, 07:21:31 PM »

I agree, it's the best gn'r cover band I've heard based on the YouTube music.

He sounds like Axl.. but...  not exactly... it's like, a weaker version of Axl.

Still pretty damn good though.   ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2006, 12:37:20 AM »

I have to agree, getting the same tattoos as someone else is a tad bit sad IMO.

It's like a documentary I was watching about these guys who pay thousands and thousands of dollars to have facial reconstruction to look like....Michael Jackson. No joke. They enter lookalike competitions and that's how they make a living. They talk like him, look like him, act like him, dance like him. It's creepy.

I'm not trying to bash this guy Joel, but I agree with Christos that I've never understood people who go to such lengths to make themselves look like someone else.
Ana Vader
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2006, 01:05:59 PM »

This link is The Best GNR Cover (old band) playing SCOM.? I think this is much better than the one from Covernation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7VunygCoWs

And the? Band playing YCBM and Nightrain(the same day the new played Better):

You could be mine : www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzcmpffoXfM

Nightrain : www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBFc0-PCJjE

I like what they're doing , this is for sure a great tribute to Guns N' Roses Music and? made by fans.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 01:53:21 PM by Ana Vader » Logged
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2006, 07:56:51 PM »

I don't really like this cover bands at all.. not because the music, this band plays very good and the singer is great, but I just don't like the impersonators... I just feel it's ridiculous.? no

Yeah, think of what that kid could do with his own material with a voice like that. ?It's almost like he is waisting his talent away because there is only so far you can go as a tribute...

Someone so young should be writing his own songs, that way GNR would have a bit of help saving rock and roll.

AR

Yes, I agree with you... and with the people sayin' is freaking to get the same tattoes and everything, I think is a little sick.

//JK
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2006, 09:04:11 PM »

AR

Yeah, but if he did that voice with original material, they'd call him an Axl Rose ripoff.

He wouldn't be able to win...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2006, 10:34:54 PM »

this guy is an axl clone

if you think that guy is REALLY an Axl clone, you're seriously underestimating Axl...

His screams in Madagascar are amazingly horrible? crying

Nice to see there's a GNR cover band out there playing the new tracks barely decently? beer

IF you take better live from this guy or axl and had just the audio you would not be able to tell the difference.
He sounds more like axl than any cover band i have heard before.

I would notice the differences in one second. I will NEVER understand why the tribute bands try to imitate EVERYTHING, clothes, tatoos, vocal range, EVERYTHING. Seeing that guy with the bucket in his head makes you close instantly your Internet Explorer. Awful.

The singer is not bad at all, I admit it, but to try to emulate Axl's voice is ''Mission: Impossible'', that's why I find extremely pathetic all that circus around GNR tribute bands.

My point is: if you're good enough to be able to play the Buckethead's guitar parts on TWAT, what the fuck are you doing on a stinky cover band? Go out there, write your own music, you'll never be like GNR. If you have the skills to play like Buckethead, you're wasting your time in a damn cover band.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: