Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:17:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  tonights recording (may 15th)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tonights recording (may 15th)  (Read 24750 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2006, 07:17:28 PM »

why cant you justput them in mp3 format? Everyone has that , that many have the other ones

He doesn't want to do that because it would be an inferior quality of his recording. Installing FLAC support is dead easy.? Roll Eyes

Do you have a good link for a Flac plugin I can use for Windows Media Player?

http://corecodec.org/projects/coreflac/

Download the coreflac DECODER (you can dl and install the encoder, too, but you only need the decoder to play the files).

that should do the trick.

You MIGHT need to dl the tag extender, as well.  I can't remember, but it won't hurt ya if you do.

http://wmptagext.sourceforge.net/index.html
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 07:19:53 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2006, 08:53:01 PM »

Listen, Im not going to argue with you about "everyone has mp3 and its easier."

I said I dont want this in MP3.

NO ARGUMENTS. Like Ive said before, if these are all over the place in MP3, I will keep my 14th recording and the 5 shows Im taping in Europe to myself.

Want to MP3 it for your ipod or to send a cpl tracks to a friend? OK.

But this show is NOT to be distributed in MP3.

Theres another source of thsi show up on DIME now too.... havent got it yet. Inferior equipment, but that doesnt always tell the whole story.
GnrAxl4life
Headliner

« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2006, 08:54:08 PM »

I personally am glad he wants it in FLAC.
the Garden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2006, 12:17:39 AM »

Would anyone mind telling me what FLAC is, I don't get what the big deal is of this compared to MP3 vice versa. I don't want to start some kind of huge argument I just want to know more about it. How good is the quality, not of the sound, the actual recordings, do they sound like a soundboard or what?  I am asking because if they are really amazing I have no problem getting a decoder and whatever I just want to know more about it. Most of the recordings on mp3 thus far have been decent, I have been fortunate to get 2 whole shows already (1st and last) but I am always up to get some more. Quality wise the only really good clips I have are these remastered ones from the 14th and if I can get a whole show or two that sound like this (The clips literally are great they are almost soundboard/pro quality) then I would like to get more. Again not trying to start some debate amongst guru's about mp3 inferiority just looking for some more info. Rock on Gunners, cheers!  beer

Also, I recently got a nice set of demo's on a .rar file type would anyone happen to have any info about that file type. They are apparently kickass demos off of gn'r lies of One in a Million, You're Crazy etc. If anyone can help me get them read I am happy to share the files with you!

"So bittersweat this tragedy, won't ask for absoloution. This melody inside of me still searches for a soloution."
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2006, 12:30:20 AM »

Would anyone mind telling me what FLAC is, I don't get what the big deal is of this compared to MP3 vice versa. I don't want to start some kind of huge argument I just want to know more about it. How good is the quality, not of the sound, the actual recordings, do they sound like a soundboard or what?  I am asking because if they are really amazing I have no problem getting a decoder and whatever I just want to know more about it. Most of the recordings on mp3 thus far have been decent, I have been fortunate to get 2 whole shows already (1st and last) but I am always up to get some more. Quality wise the only really good clips I have are these remastered ones from the 14th and if I can get a whole show or two that sound like this (The clips literally are great they are almost soundboard/pro quality) then I would like to get more. Again not trying to start some debate amongst guru's about mp3 inferiority just looking for some more info. Rock on Gunners, cheers!  beer

Also, I recently got a nice set of demo's on a .rar file type would anyone happen to have any info about that file type. They are apparently kickass demos off of gn'r lies of One in a Million, You're Crazy etc. If anyone can help me get them read I am happy to share the files with you!

I wasn't familiar with FLACs either, but the quality really kicks ass...

As for the .rar files, well it's a format similar to .zip, you have to get Winrar to open it.
the Garden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2006, 12:34:33 AM »

Thanks a lot with the help on the .rar I have to get some sleep but at least now I know what I have to do tommorow. I just downloaded a plug in, it worked but I don't know if it is working right. Anyways if I get the rest of them to work I won't convert them I can respect the wishes of the people that got us the goods in the first place...now the next thing is what is the diffrence between the torrents and flac...basically my head is spinning with the many different file formats everyone is using...but thanks for the help guys, anyway to get GN'R music works for me as long as I can get some.

"So bittersweat this tragedy, won't ask for absoloution. This melody inside of me still searches for a soloution."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: