Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:47:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 467342 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2008, 09:50:10 AM »

Ok, I went to bed thinking "Shackler's Revenge" was a Buckethead solo track but I guess I've gotta believe Mysteron on this one.  An interesting turn in developments.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2008, 09:55:52 AM »

If this turns out to be true, I hope we can get the song without having to buy the game since this gypsy doesn't own anything more advanced than an Etch-a-Sketch (which I'm not very good at playing either).

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2008, 10:53:10 AM »

Yeah give us some kind of confirmation!  I want it to be true!

'Shackler's Revenge' is a new song by Guns N' Roses.

Thank you very much Mysteron!  ok
Cool title! Lets hope we will hear it soon.. drool

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2008, 11:36:24 AM »

Yeah give us some kind of confirmation!  I want it to be true!

'Shackler's Revenge' is a new song by Guns N' Roses.

Thank you very much Mysteron!  ok
Cool title! Lets hope we will hear it soon.. drool

sounds pretty bucketheadish. if this song is a track from cd, then the release of cd will most likely be in 2008. well, to be more exact, if the song (from cd) is really on rock band 2, this news will turn out to be very good news (unless we have some 2-wheel-ad-scenario again). thanx mysteron.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 11:39:48 AM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2008, 11:38:48 AM »

From The Wall Street Journal...

July 1, 2008

The success of Guitar Hero and Rock Band have made them important new sources of income for bands. Irving Azoff, whose Front Line Management manages Aerosmith and other major artists, says videogame deals can be "much more lucrative than anything you can do in the record business." Industry executives say bands can receive millions of dollars up front, plus a generous royalty on sales. A person close to Aerosmith says the band expects to make more money from the game title than it has from any of its dozen-plus studio albums.

Since the last versions of Guitar Hero and Rock Band, game companies have paid artists a royalty on sales of their games in exchange for rights to use their master recordings in the games. Before that, music games typically featured covers of famous songs by sound-alike bands.

Mr. Azoff says music videogames can also help his clients by boosting traditional music sales. Sales of Aerosmith's "Same Old Song and Dance" shot up 130% in the week following the release of Guitar Hero 3, which included the track, Activision says.

Clients including Van Halen, the Eagles, Steely Dan and Guns N' Roses "all have deals of varying types in the works with one or the other or both of these companies," says Mr. Azoff, referring to the makers of Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121487474239618065.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Thanks to Randy Lahey

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2008, 11:43:03 AM »

cool things are happening.   beer on lucky 7 doublets.

judging from the the title it seems to bear some sort of relation to BH's dragon ball soundtrack.
by a curious coincidence, the live action version of the anime/comic is being filmed right now. and it is supposed to be followed by two sequels.
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2008, 11:47:44 AM »

Nice article, worth reading .... and hope giving !
stinkfist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2008, 11:53:38 AM »

Well that give me hope that Chi Dem will be released soon and that the leaked RB2 set is is correct.  There are two rumored list floating around.  Only one has GNR on it.  I think the one w/ the GNR track is real because how else would they even know that song existed?    Grin

I think SEPT 08 is when RB 2 is due out
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2008, 12:40:13 PM »

Mysteron is all this under the "a lot of cool things will start happening" process you spoke about a few months ago?
I'd love to know that as well. Smiley

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2008, 12:46:30 PM »

Mysteron is all this under the "a lot of cool things will start happening" process you spoke about a few months ago?

Thirded.  Smiley
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2008, 02:18:51 PM »

how's that summer anouncement from gnr coming?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2008, 02:57:15 PM »

Thanks Mysteron for the news !!! this is exciting ! could this be the first single or they could release Better as the first single and then Schacklers Revenge would be a another song from the album that's on Rockband 2 Huh endless possibilty's.  This is the best new's i've heard in awhile.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2008, 03:00:18 PM »

GN'R needs to announce the summer?

I think the seasons happen even if GN'R doesn't announce they're happening.....  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2008, 03:03:20 PM »

I think the seasons happen even if GN'R doesn't announce they're happening.....  Tongue

/jarmo

hehehe.. ruuude ! lol

if the Rockband things turn out to be true.. then we can look forward to September=)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2008, 03:08:54 PM »

This is the best new's i've heard in awhile.

Yes. Indeed it is. I don't know why but the songtitle itself sounds awesome. It's very "out there" thus very Buckethead and that's exciting.
Any more to share with us mysteron? Thus bodes well for a fall/winter release....excitement level reaching new heights...... drool
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2008, 03:09:58 PM »

I can't believe that people are still complaining GIMME A BREAK.  If you want to stay in your time warp of the 80's and keep reliving AFD, UY1 and 2 then go put a set of headphone's on and lock yourself in your room.  The Album is done, the neogations are going good EVEN BETTER !!! now !! ha ha

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2008, 03:11:30 PM »

/jarmo

If that wasn't the case, 6 seasons would have passed since late 94 based on the frequency of GnR announcements. I'd have spent the better part of the last 14 years as a senior in highschool if time worked on Axl's schedule.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2008, 03:16:32 PM »

sounds like the title track  for Pirates of the Caribbean 4 soundtrack Smiley

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2008, 03:20:05 PM »

/jarmo

If that wasn't the case, 6 seasons would have passed since late 94 based on the frequency of GnR announcements. I'd have spent the better part of the last 14 years as a senior in highschool if time worked on Axl's schedule.

We've had three announcements this year so I guess we're in September now by your logic.  Roll Eyes

Amazing how some are inclined to whine about anything.

There's a POSITIVE rumor here and it has to be about "the lack of updates".

I guess dwelling on negative shit and twisting anything positive around is fun for some of you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2008, 03:30:33 PM »

Id be a little cautious with this. I think Buckethead played/created a track called Shackler awhile back.

And more importantly I love how when the "news" is positive we are allowed to speculate. Is there any official word on the song? How many times has GNR been associated with soundtracks and games? We are just speculating arent we? I thought that wasnt allowed around here?

I do hope its a GNR song. Kickass title. Must also be the first single if its true. And kudos to Axl and GNr for keeping atleast one title under wraps all of these yrs.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: