Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:02:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 467342 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2008, 03:30:57 PM »

So why isnt this a bigger deal on this forum?

A new song by GNR on ROCKBAND 2 Means CD is coming out very very soon.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2008, 03:32:47 PM »

Id be a little cautious with this. I think Buckethead played/created a track called Shackler awhile back.

And more importantly I love how when the "news" is positive we are allowed to speculate. Is there any official word on the song? How many times has GNR been associated with soundtracks and games? We are just speculating arent we? I thought that wasnt allowed around here?

I do hope its a GNR song. Kickass title. Must also be the first single if its true. And kudos to Axl and GNr for keeping atleast one title under wraps all of these yrs.

We already know its a GNR song. Unless you're calling Mysteron a liar....
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2008, 03:35:22 PM »

I do hope its a GNR song. Kickass title. Must also be the first single if its true.

Could be, but I doubt it could beat out "Better" for single. That song is awesome. "Shackler's" is probably is a more guitar heavy song, so this way they could release a mainstream
single that casual fans could like and thus be brought in as new fans, while this song could please us hardcore fans?

Just speculating, but that'd make sense to me.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2008, 03:35:34 PM »

We already know its a GNR song. Unless you're calling Mysteron a liar....

When I see Mysteron stick his neck out I will take him more seriously. Not saying he is a liar but Idk I need to see hims tick his neck out. Theres no accountability

Could be, but I doubt it could beat out "Better" for single. That song is awesome. It probably is a more guitar heavy song, so this way they could release a mainstream
single that casual fans could like and thus be brought in as new fans, while this song could please us hardcore fans?

I agree, out of the songs we have heard Better should be the first single.

I am getting ahead of myself but I really hope the lyrics to this song coincide with the title. I envision a confident Axl spewing some confident lyrics. I want him to bring it here. No love lyrics straight bravado...kinda like I told you so

Just speculating, but that'd make sense to me.
lol. Dont worry you can speculate all you want. THis isnt about GNRs lead guitarist situation.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 03:38:28 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2008, 03:35:52 PM »

Id be a little cautious with this. I think Buckethead played/created a track called Shackler awhile back.

'Shackler's Revenge' is a new song by Guns N' Roses.

And more importantly I love how when the "news" is positive we are allowed to speculate.

Yeah, it's really important.

Never mind the fact that there's a new GN'R song title rumored to be in a major upcoming video game, what's more important is how we chose to run the site.

You never get tired of this do you?

Roll Eyes

When I see Mysteron stick his neck out I will take him more seriously. Not saying he is a liar but Idk I need to see hims tick his neck out. Theres no accountability

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2008, 03:37:24 PM »

Why call Mysteron a liar ? I believe him and so should u !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2008, 03:38:01 PM »

The release date has to be around the corner, so does this mean Shackler's Revenge will be the first single?

If so, I think that is awesome. I wasnt excited about the prospects of "Better' being the first single, so lets hope GNR do like MOtley Crue did by releasing the single to the video game the same time the album/single comes out.

that exposes so many more people to songs they otherwise wouldnt even hear.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »

You never get tired of this do you?
Roll Eyes

/jarmo

"There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others..."
Some people are never happy unless they have something to bitch about or have someone else to talk about..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2008, 03:42:47 PM »

im not bitching. Im just calling it like it is.

Anyways this is great news.

Im glad that GNR will use this kind of exposure. Makes all the sense in the world.

Cant wait. I think at the latest we get an official announcement in Sept. But I think the leaks and stuff might have sped things up so we shall see.

I think CD will be in our hands in NOv. BUt something tells me maybe a lot sooner....like Sept

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2008, 03:44:06 PM »

I think CD will be in our hands in NOv. BUt something tells me maybe a lot sooner....like Sept

If we get the album in September OR November, I will give everyone on this forum a big kiss.
But I will not give you a big kiss, not like I give a woman or even a donkey.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2008, 03:44:15 PM »

The fact that this person use every opportunity he can to comment on how we chose to run this site is hilarious.

The concept of the Administrative, Feedback & Help section, which is described on the board index with Announcements, your questions about the board, suggestions etc. Got a problem with the board? Post here. , seems alien to him.

im not bitching. Im just calling it like it is.

But of course you are.

When you put a new song in a game will expose a lot of people to the song. People of all ages.

It seems like this is the way to get people to hear your music instead of like it was a while back, make a video and get it played on MTV.

Either a game, a commercial, movie or a popular TV show.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 03:49:36 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2008, 03:51:19 PM »

When you put a new song in a game will expose a lot of people to the song. People of all ages.

It seems like this is the way to get people to hear your music instead of like it was a while back, make a video and get it played on MTV.

Either a game, a commercial, movie or a popular TV show.
Agreed. This is a great tool for GNR. This is how music needs to be promoted these days.

I think the ultimate thing I would love to see GNR do is some sort of 1 hour special on TV. A little behind the scenes footage from the studio as CD was being made. A little background/interviews with some of the band mates and then Axl interview....about everything....might need 2 hrs though lol
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 03:53:54 PM by younggunner » Logged

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2008, 03:56:19 PM »

Hear me out on this, alot of big releases can be released in sept take for example Mr Timberlake's last CD.  I know his music is not the type of this board and neither of mine, I remember that he released his first single in july and his album came out in sept.  That was a big release ! now today its what the 7th so there's a slight possiblity we could get a single towards the end of july and have the CD released end of sept ??  or the single is released in sept maybe labor day ( I remember Axl's letter he mentioned they were planning a labor day date back in 06) and have the CD arrive in Nov.  I don't have a problem saying that probaly the next GNR update will probaly be the release date and first single.  Schacklers Revenge will be a intresting listen, could it be one of the so called BIG GUNS Huh

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2008, 03:57:26 PM »

how about 15 years. Tongue

if u wanna know the real story. invite the 97-99 formation of Guns.
then u'll have a big story.

but then again.. were in the 08 formation now.

Axl, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Chris, Dizzy, Frank.

rockband/guitar hero.  MTV, VH-1, psysical disc,   a special edition box

perhaps featuring

a chidem t-shirt
a chidem flag
a chinese dvd behind the scenes, documentary, live rehearsals of new songs.
MTV cribs Richard fortus rofl

enouth ways to promote cd big times.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2008, 04:00:08 PM »

The E3 videogame expo is July 14-18. The Dark Knight comes out the 18th of July.
If we hear something from GN'R this month, then it's safe to say that July 2008 is among the best in history.

P.S. Better, There Was A Time, Madagascar, and The Blues are some of the greatest songs ever written. I would definitely call those "big guns". But yes, it'll be interesting to hear it...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2008, 04:02:04 PM »

maybe for a special edition release they could have a Chinese Democracy timeline and have a demo for each year !!! also a DVD with backstage footage and a live 06 show would be included.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2008, 04:24:32 PM »

how anyone can see this as anything but good news or complain about it is beyond me

libertad
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2008, 04:36:18 PM »

So why isnt this a bigger deal on this forum?

A new song by GNR on ROCKBAND 2 Means CD is coming out very very soon.

No it doesnt. It just means that we might get to hear a new song. Or actually "play" it on Rockband 2. I remember when the movie end of days came out and thinking a new gnr cd was close....damn.  hihi

It is great news though. Hopefully the rumor turns out to be fact.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2008, 04:36:56 PM »

how anyone can see this as anything but good news or complain about it is beyond me

Some of us have been around the block for a long time.  We've consistantly been let down, so I am not going to start banging my Chinese Democracy Drum again, only to look like an ass.

I don't even know what needs to be done to ease my sceptism, aside from the album physically in my hands.  I've been embarrassed by stronger rumours than a unknown title in a Video Game.

Bitch slap rappin'
cineater
Legend

« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2008, 04:56:45 PM »

I was a little worried about Mysteron this morning when I read that simple statement saying yes this is a GNR song.  You know where was the joy and excitement?  And then I thought, oh yeah, if he says anything more it starts all the speculation and other shit that goes on on the boards--lol--probably best to just keep it simple.

So you know I'm not worried about Mysteron but damn it would have been fun to call Frank for an attitude adjustment.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: