Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:49:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Terminator 4 Salvation: The Future Begins
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terminator 4 Salvation: The Future Begins  (Read 51487 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2009, 09:53:51 AM »

Nothing will beat the first movie, what an atmosphere and coreography it had.

There is a lot of great scenes and moments in t4, but the plot, story, casting and acting was disapointing.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2009, 09:55:00 AM »

The way I understand it is that Skynet has the same information about the events leading into Part 4 as Conner himself.

How is that possible?  The only way they could know that information is if Skynet watched the first three films... Since you obviously can't learn something in the future, Skynet must have discovered this information in the past, but at what point?  All the Terminators sent back in time were wiped out and even if they DID know Reese was sent back in the first movie, they wouldn't know he knocked up Sarah Conner?  Skynet should be as oblivious to this point as Reese himself.

If they fixed that, it also solves the problem Leddy asked of "Just kill Reese and Conner fails to exists"?  This is the plot hole that irritates me the most because they could have done more with the movie IMO if Skynet didn't mysteriously know information from the past movies.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2009, 11:36:13 AM »

The way I understand it is that Skynet has the same information about the events leading into Part 4 as Conner himself.

How is that possible?  The only way they could know that information is if Skynet watched the first three films... Since you obviously can't learn something in the future, Skynet must have discovered this information in the past, but at what point?  All the Terminators sent back in time were wiped out and even if they DID know Reese was sent back in the first movie, they wouldn't know he knocked up Sarah Conner?  Skynet should be as oblivious to this point as Reese himself.

You are getting confused. In the future and present, you already know the past. You know today what happened yesterday right? When Skynet comes online,
John Conner already exists and it only surmises that it has enough information about Sarah and John Conner (From public records, databases whatever). However it doesn't know John Conner will become important until the future. You might however, say that it's because of Skynet and the Resistance and Kyle being sent back that John Conner is born in the first place. This is unexplained and is called a time paradox.

If they fixed that, it also solves the problem Leddy asked of "Just kill Reese and Conner fails to exists"?  This is the plot hole that irritates me the most because they could have done more with the movie IMO if Skynet didn't mysteriously know information from the past movies.

Why lure Conner into Skynet when they have Kyle Reese?  Just kill Reese and Conner fails to exist?

Skynet doesn't want to just kill Conner, it has some plans for Reese as well (There's a scene with Reese on the table with a Terminator guarding him). Maybe something to do with the Resistance. Using him to lure Conner is an additional reason. The machines want to kill Conner in the future since there is no guarantee that killing Reese will make Conner just 'disappear'.

Heart transplant out in the wilderness with a doner that just happens to be compatible?  Those scenes just blew my brains for their complete stupidity.

It's the future. Maybe they have drugs to solve the compatibility problem. They don't show the actual operation so you don't know
where it was done and by how many doctors.

I'm not saying what I said are the actual reasons. Just a few possibilities.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:40:48 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2009, 01:50:11 PM »

However it doesn't know John Conner will become important until the future.

Right, in fact... until John becomes the leader of the Resistance and a threat to Skynet, they should not care at all who John Connor or Kyle Reese are.  I'm absolutely sure that since John Connor is aware from a child that he is the future leader of humanity, he doesn't have a record in some hospital that says "Kyle Reese from the future is my father"... not that a hopsital would keep a record of someone from the future being his father anyways.

I understand there is a time paradox involved, but that's not what the complaint is.  The only information Skynet could possibly have about Kyle Reese in the T4 present is that he was born like any other regular person and lived his life up to that point.  He has not become John's father yet and Skynet has no source from the past to inform them that he will eventually BECOME John's father.  The only person who should know that is John.... and what sucks is the story works better if they took this into account.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2009, 06:11:24 PM »

The only information Skynet could possibly have about Kyle Reese in the T4 present is that he was born like any other regular person and lived his life up to that point.  He has not become John's father yet and Skynet has no source from the past to inform them that he will eventually BECOME John's father.  The only person who should know that is John

I think Sarah Conners ranting and raving about EVERYTHING  on video tape might have tipped Skynet off. 
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2009, 12:21:42 AM »

sorry to interupt/get off toic of disscussion but will there be another Terminator? i was just wondering cause after i saw #3 in theaters a week later i knew there was gonna be a 4th but what about a 5th?

....and does anyone else think the're gonna go about numbering the movies like star wars? cause in the "4th" movie there was a lot of blanks from the 3rd till the new one, so maybe it'll be like 123 789 456? or some shit like that maybe Huh

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2009, 12:35:17 AM »

There's going to be a trilogy, appearantly. Reinventing the series. This has been confirmed by several official sources. I don't know, however, if Christian Bale has signed on for all three movies or not, I'll have to find out. But the same company, who recently aquired the rights for future Terminator movies, will produce the next movies too so it's quite possible that McG will direct all of them, which I wouldn't mind personally. I was more than happy with the job he did on this one. So it looks like we have a lot of Terminator to look forward to in the years to come. Cool P.S. The next one is reported to be planned for release in 2011. Appearently the plan was to wait, but the success of this movie got them to want to release it early, according to sources. Which is great news for us. Cool

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2009, 01:10:42 AM »

Yes, there is a 5th part. I think they shot some scenes for it in parallel with Salvation, but I'm not sure.

Fuck 'Em All.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »

There is a lot of great scenes and moments in t4, but the plot, story, casting and acting was disapointing.

Agreed.

T1 came had no frills. It was all about the story and the characters.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2009, 02:27:24 PM »

I'm pretty sure that Bale is one who already signed on for 3 movies but i guess we shall see.

it's made about 360 million total so far (the 4th movie), so I'd call it a success...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2009, 02:45:35 PM »

Agreed.

And it also had this thriller/horror theme to it at times.

They are making 3 more of it?
Frigging Holywood milking money off everything, no artistic integrity it seems.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2009, 05:31:31 AM »

Agreed.

No, two more a 5th and 6th to show the whole war.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2009, 05:37:14 AM »

Agreed.

awesome  smoking
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2009, 05:48:56 AM »

Agreed.

i actually hope we get to see more of a war in those ones. Similar to the start of Terminator 2.

html sucks
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2009, 05:56:09 AM »

Agreed.

i actually hope we get to see more of a war in those ones. Similar to the start of Terminator 2.

NEWSFLASH: They already did, in this one, in case you missed the whole movie!

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2009, 05:30:24 AM »

Agreed.

NEWSFLASH: They already did, in this one, in case you missed the whole movie!
news  to me.

Hardly saw a battle on the epic scale. most of the time it was John Connor n Kyle VS the world.

I wanna see soldoiers fighting masses of machines n vehicles like in T2!!!

html sucks
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2009, 02:25:31 PM »

Me too, I loved that war we saw on both 1 and 2.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2009, 03:01:13 PM »

Very true, I thought that's what this one was gunna' be all about and it quite angered me when that didn't occur.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2009, 11:38:09 PM »

I doubt we will see another movie any time soon.  This movie was plagued with re-writes that caused way too many inconsistencies, which led to bad word of mouth and a somewhat disappointing box office for Warner Bros. I liked enough of the movie, but it did have too many problems to restart the franchise with.  Blame Bale.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2009, 07:10:56 AM »

Terminator 5 slated for 2011. Who knows?

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: