Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:58:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  [TORRENT/ FLAC/ MP3] Destroyer - Tokyo, 12/19/2009 (links on first post)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [TORRENT/ FLAC/ MP3] Destroyer - Tokyo, 12/19/2009 (links on first post)  (Read 120107 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2010, 07:52:54 AM »

In about a week, other people will have these boots so surely we'll be able to share MP3s. Let's share FLACs at least for this one in the meantime. I think we can wait a few days for MP3s.

About servers speeds, sorry I didn't know the free.fr server was slow for people outside France. Here I got 800kbps this morning, and about 150kbps on the MediaFire server when I tested downloads. It must depend on where you're located and at what time of the day you download.
Next time, I'm ok to upload on MediaFire or whatever but I thought the free.fr server was cool because there's no waiting time, no registration required, etc. (at least from here). Sorry if it was too slow for you.

ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2010, 08:31:36 AM »

I'm uploading the FLACs to mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/gnr2010

Thanks very much ok
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2010, 08:47:55 AM »

No doubt about that Jarmo, I applaud him and sent him a message and stuff telling him my thanks.

But my question is, if my copy comes in tomorrow -- I can rip the MP3's and upload them right?

I dont understand how any of us will know if you rip the copy here to mp3s or claim you bought it? 

Indeed.

Maybe the Trader's Den guy can demand photographic proof.  Roll Eyes

The whole thing's ridiculous. When you put something on the internet you forfeit your rights to tell someone what to do with it. If this were the taper talking about only wanting his recording put out a certain way, fair enough. We're talking about a bootleg thats changing hands for hundreds of dollars here. I would have thought it was in the fanbase's best interests to share it for free in as many ways and formats as possible.

Let me get this straight, are we actually being encouraged to go out and buy another CD copy to convert?! So, give $100+ to the assholes who are selling this thing rather than just convert the existing files?

yes, we are encouraging people to do that.

If you buy it and share it as mp3s, that's your choice.

Buy it and encode it to mp3s.

but thats fine with me. Lets all of us start setting rules to our uploads. ''Play only in freeware software''... ''do not reupload it in any form ever''... ''do not burn to CD-R''.... ''do not play it loud''... and lets see how this COMMUNITY (lots of people, different needs, different situations) goes from now on.  Oh, and lets give bootleggers some more money to have some fucking mp3s...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2010, 08:53:22 AM »

I don't understand why people are angry at the board. We didn't come up with this rule, it was the uploader's decision. Maybe you should try to explain that to him on thetradersden?

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2010, 09:01:27 AM »

I don't understand why people are angry at the board. We didn't come up with this rule, it was the uploader's decision. Maybe you should try to explain that to him on thetradersden?

Not to be a dick, but I really don't understand people getting angry over FREE stuff either. Having said that, I have a question;

I got the whole thing downloaded in FLAC and analyzed it but came up with errors on some tracks. I was just wondering if I was the only one. It was these:

Disc 2
SR
KoHD

Disc 3
Madagascar
Better
Nice Boys

Am I the only one?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2010, 09:20:25 AM »

Let me get this straight, you're so selfish that you'd rather risk pissing off the only known source of this bootleg just so you can immediately have your mp3s rather than share FLACs first before starting to spread mp3s?

Since I have previously uploaded conversions here, I think its pretty clear I already have the mp3s.

It's just the typical bullshit. Nothing's ever good enough. Your needs are firsthand and nobody else matters.

Yes, its very selfish to want to share the recording with everyone in a manageable format.

Clearly I'd get a lot out of that.

Clearly, what I should be doing is encouraging the expensive and illegal sale of bootlegs, like you. Because I'm sure that's what the band, the fans, and everyone else would prefer.  Roll Eyes

Your needs are firsthand and nobody else matters.

Yes, I'm a horrible, horrible selfish person.

And there goes the challenger...
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2010, 09:27:53 AM »

check ANY other bootleg - EVERY uploader says "don't convert to mp3" - but it ALWAYS happens. and this is no exception. it's as odd condition as "play only at $100000+ hifi stereo". the only reason for this is to keep quality. ok - but if somebody wants qualty, he always has FLACs. if the uploader doesn't want FLACs converted from MP3s, everyone can do spectral analysis. prohibiting mp3s is just hypocritical and against basic common sense. you just can't stop MP3s from spreading. if you block them here, they appear on some other forum. if you want to support the uploader, say a BIG THANK YOU to him, or send him money. but this just makes no sense.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2010, 09:53:52 AM »

I agree with what most of you guys are saying, but I'm not the original uploader, and Jarmo isn't either.
You guys should have this discussion with the uploader on thetradersden, not here.

Personnally, I downloaded the FLACs, I thanked him and I uploaded some of the FLACs here. I converted them to MP3 so I could listen to them on my MP3 player but that's it.

As Jarmo said:

Come to think about it, I don't care. If there's no new GN'R bootlegs released, it wouldn't really bother me. I'm sure it would bother some of you guys a lot.

I understand it's frustrating to respect the uploader's wish, but as I said, I'm sure other people will receive their bootlegs soon. I'm sure we can wait a few days. If really some people can't download the FLACs, I'm sure we could do some kind of B+P or whatever.

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2010, 10:01:14 AM »

GNR bootlegs aren't going to cease to exist because one anally-retentive uploader of commercially sold Japanese boots gets pissed off about mp3s.

I thought the philosophy of a trading section was freely sharing what's available amongst fans and including as many people as possible, not encouraging people to throw their money at the kind of people who would sell a bootleg for $150.

I feel a damn lot more sympathy for the fans who can't listen to this in FLAC format and are being made to wait or 'buy a copy' than I do for the people who are excluding them from enjoying it. But then again,

Your needs are firsthand and nobody else matters.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:08:28 AM by TomFriend » Logged

And there goes the challenger...
zombux
Legend

« Reply #169 on: January 05, 2010, 10:08:06 AM »

GNR bootlegs aren't going to cease to exist because one anally-retentive uploader of commercially sold Japanese boots gets pissed off about mp3s.

I thought the philosophy of a trading section was freely sharing what's available amongst fans and including as many people as possible, not encouraging people to throw their money at the kind of people who would sell a bootleg for $150.

I feel a damn lot more sympathy for the fans who can't listen to this in FLAC format and are being made to wait or 'buy a copy' than I do for the people who are excluding them from enjoying it.
someone to carve this in stone please?

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2010, 10:12:02 AM »

I got my copy today, I'll post the MP3's later this evening! ok
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2010, 10:23:25 AM »

See, we just have to wait. Wink People, please stop arguing about everything all the time. This is just a bootleg, just a file format. Cotis talked about buying some of these bootlegs before, so we can trust him about this I think. We'll be able to share these MP3 files once it's uploaded.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2010, 10:23:55 AM »

Angry at the board for not allowing to freely do what is desired with it, is more like it.

You can put all the claims you want on a download, and people will not always follow them.

There are people here that don't even know what FLAC is, and I can understand that. Giving them MP3's, which they will be able to play, will let them listen to their favorite band on one of the best nights of the tour (thus far). So in essence, you are NOT allowing the fans to hear their favorite band. Not everyone has the plugins, programs, etc. to play FLAC and you are leaving out a BIG CHUNK of the GNR fans. Why cut them out, let everyone listen to the recording.

Don't get me wrong: I am not questioning the discussion of quality, FLAC is by far the better quality.

Not allowing the MP3's here, and forcing us to purchase our own copies not only hurts us financially, but also the band. Making us buy recordings from these Japanese Sellers is just furthering their business, giving them more money for their pockets, so they can record again and sell more shows. Aren't we supposed to be supporting the band, not Japanese sellers?

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2010, 10:24:50 AM »

See, we just have to wait. Wink People, please stop arguing about everything all the time. This is just a bootleg, just a file format. Cotis talked about buying some of these bootlegs before, so we can trust him about this I think. We'll be able to share these MP3 files once it's uploaded.

..sorry for three posts in a row, don't want to edit.

Wasn't the motive here before that we couldn't share the MP3's? Kind of why I just made my post above this?

But now that I have my own copy, I'm able to post the mp3's for all? Just want to get this right, since I was under a different impression the whole time.

**EDIT**
And don't get me wrong, this is in no way to disrespect the uploader/tapers, this is to allow this recording to reach all GNR fans, not a select few.

I thank all involved in this for your effort, it's a great release. I have always stood by the motive, if you tape/film a show -- you can do whatever you want with it (sell it, trade it, "hoard" it, etc.) because you took the risk of getting caught in order to capture the moment. I thank the tapers, maybe not agree with their selling, but they did a great job recording this.

As I said, I will post the mp3's for ALL FANS tonight.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:29:37 AM by cotis » Logged
jamesdm
Rocker

Lizard King - The One

« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2010, 10:27:35 AM »

I'm uploading the FLACs to mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/gnr2010

Thanks for the effort man,  peace
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2010, 10:37:18 AM »

Not allowing the MP3's here, and forcing us to purchase our own copies...

No one forced anyone to purchase anything.
The bottom line is: I wanted to share the MP3 links as soon as last night, but I decided to respect the uploader's wish because we thought it was the best idea, in order to avoid other people hoarding releases. But in the end, as Jarmo put it, you guys can take the chance to piss the uploader off and share MP3s of this, since Jarmo doesn't care because he doesn't collect bootlegs like us.

Is it really worth it that we go on an on for 10 pages about this?

I know that whenever I get new bootlegs and torrent them or whatever, I don't care if people post MP3s, AVIs or something. Not all people are like this, but I don't think it's that important.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:39:00 AM by Will » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2010, 10:42:50 AM »

I apologize for thinking ahead. Or at least trying to.

Won't happen again regarding bootlegs.

Sorry.

Share all the mp3s, and risk pissing off all the tapers and/or people who share the bootlegs first.

Because that's how it's done! Respect for others' wishes? Fuck that, give me what I need now or fuck off.  yes

So in the future, do what you want.

Nobody will be whining on this board about bootlegs in the future. No matter what happens.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ice road trucker
VIP

« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2010, 10:46:17 AM »

well since people  thinks there needs to be mp3  spread i will not longer be sharing npne of my japan release i buy because of people thinking mp3 bis needed

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2010, 10:51:16 AM »

How ironic....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
zombux
Legend

« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2010, 10:52:48 AM »

oh dear, someone else will share then

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: