Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:48:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  [TORRENT/ FLAC/ MP3] Destroyer - Tokyo, 12/19/2009 (links on first post)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [TORRENT/ FLAC/ MP3] Destroyer - Tokyo, 12/19/2009 (links on first post)  (Read 120107 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #260 on: January 06, 2010, 03:59:21 AM »

All MP3s links added to the first post.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #261 on: January 06, 2010, 04:16:44 AM »

when calculating a show length of 1 band it doesnt help if you count the preshow or support acts or post show when you're still drinking at the beer bar....generally it should be counted like:

(beginning) lights out/intro -> (ending) music post-show on/most likely lights on

.....doing that the exact timeline for Tokyo'09 [starting right before the unreleased intro (not the pre-show) and without the overlapping seconds end CD1/beginning CD2) and without the music in the outro] is:

03:34:53,800 (December 19, 2009 Tokyo)

secondary issues:
- they do 30 songs released under the GN'R name with Axl singing, not counting any Jams/Solos as "songs".

inglewood'91 (same counting as mentioned above, master cassettes source + ~1min outro/Axl talking from a gen1 source which wasnt on the master release here on DIME):

03:38:58,794 (August 03, 1991 Inglewood, LA)

secondary issues:
- they do 31 songs released under the GN'R name with Axl singing, not counting any Jams/Solos as "songs".
- at least 4 cuts cause of cassettes/battery switching where you loose seconds/minutes of the show
- analog speed could be an issue though, however the time is based on the taper release without any casssette generations

do the maths!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:18:19 AM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #262 on: January 06, 2010, 04:19:02 AM »

Thanks a ton for both flac and mp3 uploads. peace

For every person who wants to dictate to others how they can listen to music

The internet is bigger than htgth, and how is respecting the request of an uploader dictatorship? Tongue

I thought we were done with this whole discussion...

I never said anything about HTGTH being a dictatorship.

The uploader at TD did not create the recording.

He uploaded someone else's recording against the taper's permission, yet expects his wishes to be strictly adhered to. Whether you or I listen to or share the show in mp3 format will not affect him/her personally in any conceivable way, yet he/she wants to dictate to people what format they can share or listen to it in. Locker has expressed similar sentiments, along the lines of 'if you don't listen to this in FLAC format, you shouldn't be able to listen to it at all'.

Pretty much saying 'You shouldn't be able to listen to this on your mp3 player' seems like dictating how you should listen to music to me. What's hard to understand about that?

Can we be done with this now?

And there goes the challenger...
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #263 on: January 06, 2010, 06:28:09 AM »

Limulus said it, Inglewood still holds the record, case closed.  ok Even though tokyo is one of the best (if not the best) gigs that new lineup has done, nice way to close that decade  smoking

Once again everybody has done amazing job uploading these links, i salute you  peace

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #264 on: January 06, 2010, 06:46:37 AM »

mmmhhh.. i thought it was already pretty clear.

http://yfrog.com/3xdestroyerxj (destroyer)
http://yfrog.com/3xmaxxximumj (inglewood)

dBpowerAmp says destroyer is longer than that 08.03.91 crap. 3:39 against 3:38... do you want subjective reasonings or the concrete times? do you want someone's explanation at a message forum or what Axl Rose himself said?

And I dont know if any of you realised this, but the tokyo show has ZERO interreputions from one song to another. One song ends, someone tells Axl what is the next song, and immediatly the song starts. Extremelly different from 1991, where there were huge breaks from one song to another. And no boring 6 minutes of sorums drum solo... zzzZZZZZzzzz

Oh, and qualitywise, there's no comparison between one show and another. The Tokyo show has the November Rain, TIL, Prostitute, TWAT, Catcher and Maddy, plus almost the complete AFD played by a band that makes the 1991 lineup look like newbies.

I'm done with the whole ''longest show'' subject. Its just funny to see how much worried all the haters have been these days. They whined about setlists, they got them!

Now its time to release the HOB 01/01/01 pro-shot DVD   Grin

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #265 on: January 06, 2010, 07:29:31 AM »

its no whining, its just talking about the longest show being played under the GN'R name yet, thats all!

so "dBpowerAmp" is your fact?  Grin
or what Axl says right after the show which most likely is judged by watching on clock not on digital counter? he said lots of things not turning out being true aswell as proven in the past. no discredit here (plans change etc.) but the show times differ about 4min! or songs/breaks? just count: its 30 vs. 31 from GN'R catalogue!
quality is no issue here, come on. boring solos? well....subjective, huh? and Jams, solos still present a lot in 09, sfw...

in the end i've only tried to list it as objective as we can make it out of recordings we have judging the showtime only, just read again please and with the exception of the analogue issue or any cuts on the tokyo'09 recording (which i havent found) i think i'm damn right on with calculating show times: lights out/intro on -> lights on/music on  ok

Re-Union time, baby!!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #266 on: January 06, 2010, 09:13:31 AM »

So after the FLAC/ MP3 discussion, now we have the Tokyo/ Inglewood duration discussion lol. Do you guys ever take a break from these discussions sometimes? Grin

Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: January 06, 2010, 09:34:56 AM »

I wonder if they will still be screaming 'We need a DVD of that show' after they hear the boot leg.....

I like the comments Axl keeps making, the "I heard that" as Bumblefoot does Estranged as part of his solo
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #268 on: January 06, 2010, 09:48:35 AM »

I like the comments Axl keeps making, the "I heard that" as Bumblefoot does Estranged as part of his solo

Classic  hihi

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: January 06, 2010, 10:05:38 AM »

Wow, whole new appreciation of 'There was a time' too. The studio version never clicked with me, but the boot from the middle onwards is spectacular,
RaspAxl
Rocker

우유빛깔액슬로즈

« Reply #270 on: January 06, 2010, 10:12:34 AM »

Some pics of this boot.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:43:03 AM by RaspAxl » Logged

gimme some Rasp, Axl!!
http://blog.daum.net/raspaxl
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #271 on: January 06, 2010, 10:15:01 AM »

I don't get why people who do care about running times of shows discount solos etc. anyway.

A featured spot for a GNR member in a Guns N' Roses show is still part of their set. Surely the time from when GNR hit the stage to the end of the last encore (excluding encore breaks because no one is on stage, if you want to get picky) is the length of the Guns concert.

And thanks for the pics RaspAxl - nice artwork. But then it should be considering how much they charge for the damn thing! Wink

And there goes the challenger...
RaspAxl
Rocker

우유빛깔액슬로즈

« Reply #272 on: January 06, 2010, 10:19:18 AM »

Yeah, artworks are pretty cool but I heard they ripped off from Den's work.

it looks like someone has stolen one of my artwork to do this cover...

gimme some Rasp, Axl!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #273 on: January 06, 2010, 10:20:25 AM »

I don't get why people who do care about running times of shows discount solos etc. anyway.

Because some have a really hard time letting the past go. The show they cherished as the longest ever isn't anymore. Tough luck.

If people who are in the band say it was the longest show in history, it was.

Easy as that.

They don't have to listen and time bootleg recordings. They were there!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #274 on: January 06, 2010, 10:21:48 AM »

Yeah, artworks are pretty cool but I heard they ripped off from Den's work.

plus the pic is so 2006 Tongue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #275 on: January 06, 2010, 10:38:24 AM »

Again ... WOW!!!
RaspAxl, CONGRATS on ALL the great souvenirs!!! headbanger

P.S.  Love your new avatar!!!  Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #276 on: January 06, 2010, 10:41:44 AM »

This was asked earlier, but I don't think it was ever answered.  What's the difference between this boot and the "I Don't Care About Time" one?  Is this one better quality or something?  I thought the last one was pretty darn good.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
RaspAxl
Rocker

우유빛깔액슬로즈

« Reply #277 on: January 06, 2010, 10:48:25 AM »

Again ... WOW!!!

Thanks. I love it too. The boot is not mine though. lol

This was asked earlier, but I don't think it was ever answered.  What's the difference between this boot and the "I Don't Care About Time" one?  Is this one better quality or something?  I thought the last one was pretty darn good.

I prefer IDCAT than this one. Destroyer is the mixed version of Axl's in-ear monior with audience recording and I Don't Care is aud-recording alone but sounds way better IMO.

gimme some Rasp, Axl!!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #278 on: January 06, 2010, 10:54:57 AM »

Because some have a really hard time letting the past go. The show they cherished as the longest ever isn't anymore. Tough luck.

If people who are in the band say it was the longest show in history, it was.

Easy as that.

They don't have to listen and time bootleg recordings. They were there!

/jarmo

Yes. I Believe Or Guns N' Roses....

Welcome MP3

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #279 on: January 06, 2010, 10:58:03 AM »

Again ... WOW!!!

Thanks. I love it too. The boot is not mine though. lol

I prefer IDCAT than this one. Destroyer is the mixed version of Axl's in-ear monior with audience recording and I Don't Care is aud-recording alone but sounds way better IMO.
I see, thanks for the info!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: