Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:11:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  [TORRENT/ FLAC/ MP3] Destroyer - Tokyo, 12/19/2009 (links on first post)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [TORRENT/ FLAC/ MP3] Destroyer - Tokyo, 12/19/2009 (links on first post)  (Read 120108 times)
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #300 on: January 06, 2010, 04:54:53 PM »

It's "General" Tommy Stinson that orchestrates the band and him and Axl pick which songs to play next.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #301 on: January 06, 2010, 05:23:40 PM »

mmmhhh.. i thought it was already pretty clear.

http://yfrog.com/3xdestroyerxj (destroyer)
http://yfrog.com/3xmaxxximumj (inglewood)

dBpowerAmp says destroyer is longer than that 08.03.91 crap. 3:39 against 3:38... do you want subjective reasonings or the concrete times? do you want someone's explanation at a message forum or what Axl Rose himself said?

And I dont know if any of you realised this, but the tokyo show has ZERO interreputions from one song to another. One song ends, someone tells Axl what is the next song, and immediatly the song starts. Extremelly different from 1991, where there were huge breaks from one song to another. And no boring 6 minutes of sorums drum solo... zzzZZZZZzzzz

Oh, and qualitywise, there's no comparison between one show and another. The Tokyo show has the November Rain, TIL, Prostitute, TWAT, Catcher and Maddy, plus almost the complete AFD played by a band that makes the 1991 lineup look like newbies.
I'm done with the whole ''longest show'' subject. Its just funny to see how much worried all the haters have been these days. They whined about setlists, they got them!

Now its time to release the HOB 01/01/01 pro-shot DVD   Grin

Amazing how some people on this forum have a ZERO TOLERANCE for any negative opinion on the current GNR line-up, but apparently it's ok to shit all over the 1991 lineup...

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #302 on: January 06, 2010, 05:27:31 PM »

i would be a hipocrite to say that the old band was worst then this one, but i would also be one by saying i like the old band best.
I think its a draw. The old and new band are awesome live and this new band is also the future and gets me more interested and curious about the cds that are supposed to be released after CD.

This bootleg is awesome though, It left me with a dilema, which one should i have on my mp3  Huh this one or the i dont care about time one?

I have to think about it lol hihi

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #303 on: January 06, 2010, 07:22:50 PM »

I'd rather trust people who know than people who spend time timing bootlegs in seconds.

Mr "Mix up the setlist" is now Mr "but the time isn't right".

Never happy?

/jarmo

killer show tokyo'09, overall very pleased with that unexpected long run one + performing quality and the issue we are lucky to have a killer quality audio souvenir (where are all the illusion songs though?  hihi) but those all arent the points i've been talking about!! the only point was comparing the real lenght with the other marathon they did back in 1991 just to see which show really has been the longest. technology and recordings are here to do so in some fair way, watch the post above again about how it has been done please. and once again: we have an digital counter as proof about the tokyo'09 show length. so if you really dont trust that and just believe in what band members said about it right during and after the tokyo'09 marathon.....you're little too blindfolded in this case. they surely didnt go off stage tracking the exact show length like some fan freaks like me did earlier yesterday. more realistic issue about their version about the tokyo'09 show: out of such an long performance (also after ~2,5 years live abstinence) its more likely just about excitement, feeling and not correct lenght tracking, maybe even given false info given by the crew like recording started some minutes more early, or too long in the end, or even judged by watching on hand clock, whatever....
when not doing some digital tracking in a show you easily can be wrong. how many times i've thought other killer bands i've seen live have played like 90minutes but turning out it was just about 80min after comparing complete recordings?
and @estebanf: did you even read how the calculating has been done by me? shall i send you the files i've created so you could compare them on any software you have?

in the end my calculations still are there, so are the files everyone can combine/compare to himself, and it all leads to tokyo'09 being the 2nd longest show Axl ever did under the GN'R name yet. might be a downer for some people but it is what it is!

peace out!

Limulus
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 07:40:05 PM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #304 on: January 06, 2010, 08:02:12 PM »

its ok limulus, honestly, i dont give a flying fuck if tokyo was longer than Inglewood. I really prefer to attend a show with -CD > Sorry > TWAT > Outro- than a 4 hours marathon with a very inferior techicallywise lineup with lots of fillers like 08/03/91. But that's just MY opinion. I respect other ones.

What really amazes me is how violent some tied to the past fans reacted after Axl said this was the longest show. You all act like this is a competition between 2 diff bands when REALITY tells us the band is one from day zero, when Slash and Duff werent even members of the band.

I always thought the resentment some fans have since Slash departure would be decreasing, reaching a zero point. But if after CD's release (no more ''they have to write own material, otherwise they're a cover band'' argument), after 2 inmense and intense tours done by a truly dream team GNR is (no more ''tours will fail, 'cause Axl is nuts'' and ''they cant play the songs like the originals'' arguments), and after burying the good old ''i want sets to be larger, and with more song changes'' argument there's still some haters whining... then it seems nothing will stop them.

There's NOTHING GNR can do to erase whiners. They will always find something to whine about. They are like a evolved-superior race, made with liquid-metal, like the T-1000 in Terminator 2. They, soooner or later, regenerate.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:12:32 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #305 on: January 06, 2010, 08:11:27 PM »

While everyone is focusing on what is now the PAST , again! I'm here wondering what will come with the new shows, and beyond, you can all bicker about show length, and maybe Axl will screw you all and go 4 hrs, maybe 2 one night, maybe 3.5 another, its up to the band and how they respond to the crowd. Long shows are great lots of fun, the point to me is that they are out and playing. And the other point is its great we as fans got to hear these amazing shows. I like many can give a fuck boots , sure if they are there great, I don't fuss format, if I couldn't be at the show , I still would like to hear it if I am able , and yeah I can do the high quality stuff. But End of the day Im grateful for those who shared. Something I will do again when I have the chance and no I wont sing next time! and have better equip! Tongue beer peace hihi
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:13:45 PM by jazjme » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #306 on: January 06, 2010, 09:24:55 PM »

There's NOTHING GNR can do to erase whiners. They will always find something to whine about.

Correct. That's exactly why I said "never happy".

They will never be happy. Always got something to "point out".....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #307 on: January 06, 2010, 10:23:33 PM »

Anybody else listen to Rons solo yet on here? Right when he plays the Estranged melody, Axl goes "I HEARD THAT"

I wonder if that was a good "I HEARD THAT" or a bad "I HEARD THAT" or if he was even talking about Estranged at all, lol

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #308 on: January 06, 2010, 10:35:15 PM »

hahah awesome.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #309 on: January 06, 2010, 11:34:57 PM »

its ok limulus, honestly, i dont give a flying fuck if tokyo was longer than Inglewood....

yeah? all the time you've been promoting tokyo'09 being the longest show ever....when you really dont care? how does that work? off course now when being proved wrong you say you dont care, normal defense here  ok, and go right into subjective stuff like better songs, technical skills and even more bringing up other things not having anything to do (own material, tour failing etc.) with the issue which we've been talking about: the longest show! very weak argumentation!!
aint it more like: "damn, they said its the longest, i believe(d) it, omg, it really looks like, fucking awesome.......wait, now its proven not to be, eh, i dont care but subjective its much better, all the old band whiners, bla bla..." so who is really whining here?

band members themselves have been talking about the "record", so fans picked up that issue and finding out it wasnt broken, no matter how great the 09 show has been! if it would have been longer....more power to them and i'd have posted similar description of my comparing.

looking forward to upcoming shows!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #310 on: January 07, 2010, 12:40:49 AM »

Gayest arguement ever on this board!  Everyone stop bitching and be happy.  Science damn all of you!

I rarely ever download bootlegs but I did download this one just to see what the band is sounding like these days....It was pretty cool.  I was more interested in the backstage comments and directions from Axl and whoever than the actual music.  Pretty funny stuff and neat to see how the operation is ran so to speak. 

MP3/Flac/etc whatever......it's all the same people.  It's a concert recording, not gonna be high fidelity shit no matter what unless it's done and released by the band.  As for the longest show, who the fuck cares......they had a good time, the fans had a good time, it doesn't get much better than that. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
sacateca
Opening Act

« Reply #311 on: January 07, 2010, 02:17:06 AM »

To be pedantic, recording speed is an issue with the Inglewood show, analogue tapes are almost never correct speed because of battery-operated equipment (DAT recording would be different, or video), so Limulus "scientific" examination ain't that waterproof.  (And please God, no, don't anyone try to pitch-correct it for _this_ purpose!)

Not that i care.  This is the best rock concert i've ever heard from any band, and if Axl says it's the longest show, that is enough for me (to the extent it matters at all).  i wouldn't even think it impossible that he had in mind to break the goddamned record to kick some naysayer's ass (meaning: he'd know better than people studying bootleg lengths)!

And thanks so much to people who bought and released this - and those who converted it too and then uploaded it.  Very generous and kind.

By the way, i really like these ear-mixes, i like hearing Axl and the way he sings clear as possible sometimes, even at the detriment of the mix in general.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #312 on: January 07, 2010, 07:16:45 AM »

its ok limulus, honestly, i dont give a flying fuck if tokyo was longer than Inglewood....

yeah? all the time you've been promoting tokyo'09 being the longest show ever....when you really dont care? how does that work? off course now when being proved wrong

wrong?

PROVEN wrong? LOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Tokyo IS longer than Inglewood. Never doubted that. TIMES say that. AXL said that. RON said that. DJ said that. The band was consciously trying to break the old record. They knew what they were doing.

Who should i believe, some Slash lover at a message forum with a metaphisic explanation, or the band AND THE TIMES themselves?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
RaspAxl
Rocker

우유빛깔액슬로즈

« Reply #313 on: January 07, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »

Oh god...they should have played one more song.

gimme some Rasp, Axl!!
http://blog.daum.net/raspaxl
cyalex
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #314 on: January 07, 2010, 07:35:17 AM »

rofl

Next Topic Fight: AXL ROSE Look - which is better? the 91's one or the actual one hihi
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #315 on: January 07, 2010, 07:52:27 AM »

you can never stop pathetic fights at GNR forums Roll Eyes

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #316 on: January 07, 2010, 08:28:12 AM »

This is gonna come off as smart ass but I've just gotta ask;

When you guys are having this argument about 1991 Vs. 2009 and which was the longest show, you're both basing your arguments on the length of the actual bootleg right?

Also just curious; how much time difference is there between the two shows?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #317 on: January 07, 2010, 10:23:31 AM »

When you guys are having this argument about 1991 Vs. 2009 and which was the longest show, you're both basing your arguments on the length of the actual bootleg right?

No, some of us think that if band members say it's the longest show, they know better than some bootleg collecting fan who spends his time timing bootleg recordings.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CoBrA2168
Headliner

« Reply #318 on: January 07, 2010, 11:48:50 AM »

Can someone please upload the variable MP3 version to mediafire or something better than rapidshare?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #319 on: January 07, 2010, 11:56:41 AM »

No, some of us think that if band members say it's the longest show, they know better than some bootleg collecting fan who spends his time timing bootleg recordings.

/jarmo

Earlier in this thread, didn't you yourself say....

You really wanna annoy the only guy (so far) who shared this bootleg with all GN'R fans? You think that's a good thing?

Maybe it'll make him/her share more bootlegs when he/she realizes nobody gives a fuck....  yes

Piss off the ones who share things with you and see what happens.

Limulus has released TONS for the community, and has done countless other things that have been beneficial to this 'trading community', as some call it. I'm sure pissing off and annoying him about his research he has done about the recordings will make him think twice about releasing stuff again. He is merely stating his research and his opinion on the two recordings (91/09). I think it's cool he did the research and came to a different conclusion than what the band came to, it's intriguing. But I do have to ask, this is kind of the same thing with the original uploader of this show right? "Don't piss him off -- he won't share again!" -- isn't that the same? I'm sure Limulus is used to the shit, as he has gotten it over the years countless times on this board, but still. There comes a point when enough is enough.

Everyone say thank you to Jarmo now! ok
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: