Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:12:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 212313 times)
pjv3244
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2003, 03:18:09 PM »

Best songs from old Aerosmith...
Kings and Queens
Dream On
Last Child
Same Old Song and Dance

"Newer" Aerosmith...
What It Takes
Janie's Got A Gun
Angel
Rag Doll

There's some good songs on "Get a Grip", a couple of DECENT songs on "Nine Lives", but I've hated everything they've done since then

--pjv
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2003, 02:24:34 AM »

Aerosmith is easily my favorite band, ever. But they've done so much shit, it's not even funny. Aerosmith was a good album, Get Your Wings was ok, Toys rocked, Rocks rocked, then Draw the Line is one of their worst, Night in the Ruts has a couple good tunes, Rock in a Hard Place is a waste, done with mirrors blows, Permanent Vacation wasn't very good at all, Pump rocked, get a grip is wrecthed, Nine Lives has some wicked songs and Just Push Play is passable.

Fuck A Little South of Sanity too, wanna hear a real live Aerosmith album? Pick up Live! Bootleg. That's far superior to ALSOS ANYDAY.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2003, 05:08:03 PM »

Kiss Glad To Share The Bill With Aerosmith.

The fans aren't the only ones happy about the Kiss/Aerosmith coheadlining tour, which starts Saturday (August 2) in Hartford, Connecticut. The musicians are just as excited.

Even though Kiss will go on before Aerosmith every night, singer-guitarist Paul Stanley told LAUNCH that his band is happy to share the stage with Aerosmith, and there's no ego involved.

"Well, you know, somebody has to go on first, and it really doesn't matter to us," Stanley said. "I mean, honestly, we do what we do, and nobody can do it better, as Aerosmith does what they do, and nobody does it better. This is a win-win for the audience, and it's a great chance for us to be sharing the bill with arguably the other premiere American band."

Saliva will open every show, followed by Kiss, before Aerosmith closes each night.

Kiss is touring to promote its new album the Kiss Symphony: Alive IV, as well as an upcoming DVD from the concert where it was recorded. The show took place February 28 at the Telstra Dome in Melbourne, Australia, with Kiss accompanied by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, the Melbourne Chamber Orchestra, and the Australian Children's Choir.

Aerosmith is expected to release a blues-based album in January.

Source: http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=214248

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2003, 02:31:53 PM »

Aerosmith and Kiss launched their coheadlining tour on Saturday (August 2) at the Ctnow.com Meadows Music Center in Hartford, Connecticut. Befitting their status as heavyweight champions, both bands came to win, but Aerosmith was declared the victor at the end of the night.

Following a quick opening set by Saliva that was received fairly, if not enthusiastically, Kiss came out to their traditional "You Wanted The Best, You Got The Best" introduction and played a hit-filled 14-song set including "Detroit Rock City," "Shout It Out Loud," "I Love It Loud," "God Of Thunder," and "Rock And Roll All Nite."

However, the concert did not go off flawlessly. At the start of the show, Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, and Tommy Thayer descended to the stage on a riser as lights and pyro started firing, but a problem with the curtain diminished the effect of their entrance. There were other glitches, including a bad sound mix that had Simmons' bass much louder than on past tours while Thayer's lead playing was sometimes buried, and Simmons messing up the lyrics in the second verse of "Let Me Go, Rock 'N Roll."

Even with that, the band tried their best to deliver the usual Kiss spectacle. Stanley, Simmons, and Thayer were all over the stage throughout their set, which was filled with enough lighting and pyrotechnic effects to truly demonstrate the meaning of "shock and awe." Special notice is due Thayer, who has replaced Ace Frehley in the band, for not only looking the part, but playing Frehley's solos virtually note for note, much to the crowd's delight.

Kiss trimmed their set back due to time constraints, which meant Simmons didn't breathe fire, and there were no extended guitar or drum solos. Simmons, did, however, spit blood before "flying" to the top of the lighting rig for "God Of Thunder," and Peter Criss drum kit did rise off the stage during "Black Diamond." Simmons and Thayer also rode lifts off the stage while Stanley broke a guitar at the end of the set-closing "Rock And Roll All Nite," which also saw the drum set rise again.

There were a few surprises in the Kiss set. One was the video history they played during the song "Do You Love Me" that charted the band from their earliest days through the release of their solo albums in 1978. It featured a lot of pictures and footage of Frehley, which might have been understandably edited out considering his decision not to work with the group again. Frehley's status wasn't discussed from the stage, and Thayer wasn't introduced. Another was their failure to use a ramp which ran about 20 rows into the audience from the center of the stage. Finally, the decision to go without the traditional confetti for "Rock And Roll All Nite" had a lot of people scratching their heads.

The fans seemed to enjoy the show, but there was a feeling that they had seen a great fighter on an off night--still able to execute the moves, but not as crisply as usual, and susceptible to a knockout.

Before the tour began, Simmons told LAUNCH he was so confident in how well it would do, he even promoted it as a weight-control assistant. "The Kiss/Aerosmith tour, which is gonna be the tour of the year--this is a tour that's gonna kick anybody's butt," Simmons said. "This tour is gonna drop five pounds off any fat girl within a thousand yards of that stage."

Aerosmith lead guitarist Joe Perry didn't go that far, but he told LAUNCH the tour would provide some serious entertainment. "Well, I'd say that it's gonna be as close to a circus as you can get," Perry said. "It's gonna be a lot of fun."

After a short intermission to change the stage, Aerosmith's road crew opened the curtain as the band kicked into a rousing version of "Let The Music Do The Talking," delivering a not-so-subtle message. Steven Tyler and Joe Perry spent a good amount of time out at the far end of the audience ramp, where they and bassist Tom Hamilton would return throughout their show.

Playing on a fairly minimalist stage in contrast to Kiss, Aerosmith was tighter and more focused on the music. In keeping with that idea, Tyler didn't spend a lot of time talking to the crowd between Aerosmith's 16 songs, as Stanley had done throughout Kiss's set.

Aerosmith's set included hits such as "Walk This Way," "Love In An Elevator," "Dream On," and "Sweet Emotion." Without taking a break, they also had the road crew spin their stage amps around to create the effect of a bandstand in a small club, at which time Tyler said, "Blues album time. We're gonna break off a little piece. Joe, you ready?" They then played three blues songs--Little Walter's "Temperature," Aretha Franklin's "I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)," which was renamed "I Never Loved Another Girl Like The Way I Loved You" on the setlist, and the blues standard "Baby Please Don't Go."

The new staging also revealed some neon-style signs, including one that said "Honkin' On Bobo," which is the working title of the blues album Aerosmith will release in January.

Perhaps not surprisingly, a lot of people decided to use the blues portion of the show to make their runs to the bathrooms and concession areas.

Oddly, there was no formal encore for Aerosmith. Following "Back In The Saddle," Perry looked at his watch and asked the crowd, "You wanna hear one more?" After some hearty cheers, he asked, "How about two?", and the audience roared. Perry then said, "I think we got time," and Aerosmith played their last two songs--"I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" and "Sweet Emotion."

In contrast to the little mistakes that Kiss suffered through, Aerosmith's set appeared flawless, including a much better sound mix that allowed each member of the band to be heard clearly.

While their set was about the music, Aerosmith did do something straight out of the Kiss handbook. Aerosmith set off a blizzard of confetti during two different songs--"Back In The Saddle" and "Sweet Emotion."

Only the most partisan of fans would say that Aerosmith scored a clean knockout--after all, even on a bad night, Kiss puts on a better show than most bands ever dream of doing. However, the general feeling in the venue was that Aerosmith won the first night's battle on points.

Kiss and Aerosmith will go for a rematch on Monday (August 4) at the Tommy Hilfiger At Jones Beach Theatre in Wantagh, New York. The tour is currently scheduled to run until October 18, but they're expected to add shows that will keep them on the road until later in the year. Discussions are also underway to extend things until next year, which could include some overseas concerts.

The Kiss setlist: "Detroit Rock City," "Deuce," "Shout It Out Loud," "King Of The Night Time World," "Do You Love Me," "Let Me Go, Rock 'N Roll," "Firehouse," "I Love It Loud," "I Want You," "God Of Thunder," "100,000 Years," and "Black Diamond,? with the encore of "Beth" and "Rock And Roll All Nite."

The Aerosmith setlist: "Let The Music Do The Talking," "Walk This Way," "Love In An Elevator," "Jaded," "Rag Doll," "Cryin'," "What It Takes," "Temperature," "I Never Loved Another Girl Like The Way I Loved You," "Baby Please Don't Go," "Dream On," "The Other Side," "Back In The Saddle," "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing," and "Sweet Emotion."

Source: http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=214289

MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2003, 05:04:44 PM »

The first two arena dates for Kiss and Aerosmith have been announced. The bands will bring their coheadlining tour to the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on October 24 and 25, less than a week after they finish their outdoor run in Devore, California, on October 18. The indoor dates are expected to go until about the end of the year, with further touring in 2004 a good possibility.

Public ticket sales for these two shows haven't been set yet, but Aerosmith's Aero Force One fan club has a presale scheduled for its members on Tuesday (August 12) at 10 p.m. ET. For more information, go to aeroforceone.com.

Kiss is also expected to offer presale tickets to its fans, as they've done for every show announced so far, but that information wasn't available at press time.

Aerosmith and Kiss started their coheadlining tour, with opening act Saliva, on August 2 in Hartford, Connecticut. Their next show is Monday (August 11) at the P.N.C. Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey.

Source: http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=214343

Dizzy
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2003, 06:10:20 PM »

I saw Aerosmith Saturday night and they sucked.  My uncle was with me, and he's seen Aerosmith seven times, and says it was their worst performance ever.

They came onstage late so they only had an hour to play before curfew.  Steven Tyler was obviously drunk off his ass, he sang off-key and missed words all night long.  The audience sang the songs better than he did.  Joe Perry (also probably drunk) started songs wrong on numerous occasions and at one point, couldn't get his guitar working right, so Tom Hamilton had to deliver a five minute bass solo while Perry fucked with it!  Their stage theatrics were less than mediocre (especially in comparison to Kiss).  The band huddled around the drum kit a lot as if they were in band practice, and they played with their backs to the crowd half the night.  And then, they staggered offstage at 11:00 without saying goodnight, and there was no encore.

All told, a completely horseshit performance.  A far superior performance by Kiss completely kicked Aerosmith's asses on that night.
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2003, 09:34:03 PM »

Hey Dizzy that sucks about the show man. Hey what show did you go to the Aug. 09 - Nissan Pavilion - Bristow, VA? Hey do you remeber any of the songs they played? Just wondering if they played any of my favorites.  Wink Thats sucks about that curfew. I read that Guns N' Roses on the UYL tour played pasted crurfews a few times but they just had to pay fines. I don't see why Aerosmtih could'nt do that.  Undecided  

Dizzy
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2003, 10:18:48 PM »

Hey what show did you go to the Aug. 09 - Nissan Pavilion - Bristow, VA?
Yes, that was the show.  Saw concerts there two consecutive nights--Poison/Skid Row/Vince Neil on Friday night and Saliva/Kiss/Aerosmith on Saturday night.

Hey do you remeber any of the songs they played? Just wondering if they played any of my favorites.
From memory, here are some...

Mama Kin
Dream on
Dude Looks Like a Lady
Sweet Emotion
Walk This Way
Jaded

They did NOT play songs such as "Last Child", "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing", "Same Old Song and Dance".

I read that Guns N' Roses on the UYL tour played pasted crurfews a few times but they just had to pay fines. I don't see why Aerosmtih could'nt do that.
Playing past curfew wouldn't have stopped them from sucking on Saturday night.  Though it would've given my uncle and I the chance to leave during the encore so we could've beaten the traffic.   Angry
CRAPLOAD
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2003, 04:30:06 AM »

AEROSMITH,AEROSMITH,AEROSMITH!!!!!!!!!!!
Aerosmith are up there with GNR for me!!  Legends that keep on making great music!  I can honestly say that I like every album.  Not all classics, but all having at least a few great songs!!  Here are my fav's off each CD.

Aerosmith - Movin' out, One way street and walkin the dog
Get your Wings- Lord of the thighs and Season's of Wither (what a ballad shoud be!)
Toys in the Attic - round and round, walk this way and sweet emotion
Rocks - Nobody's fault (top 5 favorite song ever!), rats in the cellar and back in the saddle
Draw the line (sooo under rated)- kings and queens, draw the line and get it up
Live Bootleg- mother popcorn, chip away at the stone, dream on (always great live)
Night in the ruts - bone to bone, reefer head woman and remember
Greatest hits - come together  
Rock in a Hard Place (also very under rated)- bolivian ragamuffin, jailbait and Joanie's butterfly
Done With Mirrors- she's on fire, darkness and let the music...
Classics live - reffer head woman, kings and queens and dream on
Classics Live 2- last child, draw the line and toys in the attic
Permanent Vacation - Heart's done time, hangman jury and girl keeps coming apart
Gems - the whole thing!!  this is what a compilation cd should be.  
Pump - Young lust, fine, and voo doo medicine man
Pandora's Box - rattlesnake shake, let it slide and helter skelter (plus many more)
Get A Grip - eat the rich, flesh and livin' on the edge
Big ones - walk on water (back in the saddle of the 90's), deuce's are wild
A Little South of Sanity - Monkey on my back (flubbed words and all), last child and same old aong and dance
Nine Lives (my favorite) - the farm, crash, somethings gotta give and pink. (plus most the rest)
Just Push Play - beyond beautiful, sunshine and drop dead gorgeous
Young Lust the Anthology - all the b sides and other non album tracks
O Yeah - The only one I don't have.  I have all the songs already except fot the 2 new ones which I don't care for really.  
I can't wait for the blues album!  Not many bands can pull of an all blues album.   I am pretty sure Aerosmith can!

C.

"kickin back in the shadows,
got no need for the light"
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2003, 09:53:52 PM »

I hope January comes fast...the new album has to kick ass...I don't wanna hear more stuff like Jaded, girls of summer and basically any song down that line.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2003, 04:15:54 AM »

Aerosmith has many kick ass tunes, but most of their albums, as a whole, as pretty shitty.

BTW, Young Lust was released, against the band's will. Mostly be'cos they still owe an album or two to Geffen. So they put out O'Yeah to counter it..........that's why we got two Greatest Hits albums back to back.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2003, 04:55:50 PM »

Been trying to get into Aerosmith lately, got one of the numerous greatest hits to get me on the way, i gotta say  Crazy is my fav Aerosmith song..and the video is, well........

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mortismurphy
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2003, 05:33:07 PM »

I like there 70's stuff but there 80's, 90's stuffs inferior. All the albums are sterile sounding and have horrid ballads.
They also bring in big songwriters.

I dont like tyler, perrys attitude.
They were saying 'we can blow the stones anytime off stage''
and i just thouht fuck off, no way does aerosmith even come anywhere neither the stones.

fave tracks...
Walkin the dog
Adams apple
sweet emotion
Back in the saddle
Draw the line
Lionel Hutz
Attorney-at-law
VIP

In loving memory of Phil Hartman

« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2003, 06:27:24 PM »

Fave albums:
Toys In The Attic
Rocks

Fave songs:
Mama Kin
Train Kept A Rollin
Toys In The Attic
No More No More
What It Takes
Adam's Apple
Last Child
Sick As A Dog
Get The Lead Out
Back In The Saddle
and so on...

Now you know Wink
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2003, 07:04:20 PM »

Did anyone catch the guys at the NFL opening night? man are those guys amazing or what? it is so great how at their age and at this point in their career they still look so cool! anyway, they played 3 songs, "walk this way","Back in the saddle" and "Dream on"...it was great.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Betty
Opening Act

I find rabbits stimulating

« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2003, 07:39:37 AM »

I don't want to miss a thin- This is a quality song eventhough it is on the soundtrack to a crap movie (Armageddon)

beer
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2003, 01:36:20 PM »

Did anyone catch the guys at the NFL opening night? man are those guys amazing or what? it is so great how at their age and at this point in their career they still look so cool! anyway, they played 3 songs, "walk this way","Back in the saddle" and "Dream on"...it was great.
where can I download that??
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2003, 03:50:46 PM »

I don't want to miss a thin- This is a quality song eventhough it is on the soundtrack to a crap movie (Armageddon)

beer

It's a great song..shame they didn't write it and that it became a pop song....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2003, 01:39:20 AM »

That was so fuckin great!!   I loved to hear Back in the saddle live , is one of the best Aerosmith and rock n roll songs i ve ever listened .  Aerosmith still kick ass !!!  yes

If the world would end today... Wink
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2003, 01:20:20 PM »

The Kiss/Aerosmith concert scheduled for Virginia Beach, Virginia, this past Wednesday (September 17) was postponed due to safety and weather concerns from the threat of Hurricane Isabel. The date will be rescheduled.

Source:  http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=214658

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: