Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:20:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Who's looking forward to the new Superman? I definetly am! Right on!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who's looking forward to the new Superman? I definetly am! Right on!!!  (Read 22383 times)
RichardNixon
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2006, 08:12:59 PM »

I really liked "Superman III." It's wasn't up-to-par with the first two, but it's a lot of fun. I really liked Richard Pryor. "Superman IV" wasn't anywhere near as good as the first two, but it's the kind of movie I like to watch on a Sunday afternoon...

How much will Brando be in the new Superman?
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2006, 08:56:48 PM »

They're going to use old unused footage of Marlon Brando from the first movie to put him into a few scenes in Superman Returns.  So you won't see him walking around or anything, just see him once or twice.
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2006, 09:28:19 PM »

Just because the history before Superman Returns is the same as the plots in Superman I and II does not mean they relate to the C. Reeve movies.

I enjoy III and IV because Reeve's performance is still awesome .
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

Q
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2006, 09:50:15 PM »

Just because the history before Superman Returns is the same as the plots in Superman I and II does not mean they relate to the C. Reeve movies.

I enjoy III and IV because Reeve's performance is still awesome .

Reeve's performance is one of the few good things about III and IV.? That said, I love the fight between Clark Kent and the evil Superman in III.

I just saw the footage of Brandon Routh presenting a Golden Globe with Teri Hatcher, and I gotta say that I'm impressed.  The guy looks and sounds exactly like Superman!  I just hope his acting holds up.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 09:52:14 PM by Mattman » Logged
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2006, 10:41:38 PM »

For those of you that are nervous about this movie, read this article here http://agonybooth.com/forum/topic2730.htm it nails all the unfinished projects of Superman films over the past years, you'll feel much better.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2006, 11:35:40 PM »

That is a pretty good read Mike , Thought their are some pretty inaccurate info in the article .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2006, 11:58:57 PM »

That is a pretty good read Mike , Thought their are some pretty inaccurate info in the article .
Wow,you must have super-reading, that's one long article,lol.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2006, 12:05:05 AM »

Where's Mike B? I haven't seen him in ages! Last year he told me he was going to college, and I haven't heard from him since. Is he still alive?

Buddy J.B.
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2006, 12:36:23 AM »

Where's Mike B? I haven't seen him in ages! Last year he told me he was going to college, and I haven't heard from him since. Is he still alive?
Yes, of course he is, alive and well! But he's now completing his senior year in high school, I never told you I was going to college, did I?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2006, 12:44:26 AM »

Yes, of course he is, alive and well! But he's now completing his senior year in high school, I never told you I was going to college, did I?
You're Mike B?? Why the fuck didn't you ever say anything? I thought you dropped off the face of the earth. I used to talk to you last year, and you sent me a PM saying you were studying for some test to go to college(or something like that), and then I never heard from you again. Last year, I put you on my list in the favorite members thread. Since I thought you ceased to exist, you didn't make the list this year. hihi Welcome back!  beer

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2006, 07:48:15 PM »

You're Mike B?? Why the fuck didn't you ever say anything? I thought you dropped off the face of the earth. I used to talk to you last year, and you sent me a PM saying you were studying for some test to go to college(or something like that), and then I never heard from you again. Last year, I put you on my list in the favorite members thread. Since I thought you ceased to exist, you didn't make the list this year. hihi Welcome back!? beer

He's only known as Mike B when he wears his "disguise" glasses. When he isn't wearing them he goes by SuperMike

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2006, 09:22:58 PM »

Hayden CHristensen( who plays Anakin Skywalker in star wars) was considered to play Superman as well as Ashton Kutcher,David Boreanaz(Buffy the vampire slayer), Russell Crowe as well a few others

edit:by the way Kujo, funny avatar.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 09:24:41 PM by SuperMike » Logged
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2006, 09:30:08 PM »

You're Mike B?? Why the fuck didn't you ever say anything? I thought you dropped off the face of the earth. I used to talk to you last year, and you sent me a PM saying you were studying for some test to go to college(or something like that), and then I never heard from you again. Last year, I put you on my list in the favorite members thread. Since I thought you ceased to exist, you didn't make the list this year. hihi Welcome back!  beer
Dont tell me you didnt knew he was mikeb, it was so predictable  Undecided
Anyway cool to hear that Hayden was consider to play Superman, but ehhh, i think that wouldn't work i dont know why.

No man can be my equal
Karma_Police
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2006, 10:11:03 PM »

I'm actually a big fan of Smallville. Lana Lang sucked me in Grin The clips from the movie look cheesy though to me. Superman doesn't look all that Super if you ask me. It looks cheesy after seeing Clark off Smallville wear the updated outfit. You know the red jacket with the blue t-shirt. That's cool. After that tights and cape just look lame. I hope the movie is good though.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2006, 03:37:35 PM »

According to an article in the OK! magazine, they may have to pull the plug on superman as the cost for special effects and other factors are going to run up to ?200 million (i cant work in $). Sad but true

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
SuperMike
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2006, 04:18:35 PM »

According to an article in the OK! magazine, they may have to pull the plug on superman as the cost for special effects and other factors are going to run up to ?200 million (i cant work in $). Sad but true
bullshit, just fucking bullshit!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2006, 06:43:36 PM »

I don't know if you mean that it's bullshit as in it isn't true Mike, or bullshit as in it sucks, but I reckon...

bollocks that's true. If they've gone past the 100 million mark then there is no way that they are going to 'cut their losses.'  Roll Eyes

Add that to the press, the time spent filming, the fact that Singer is directing and, well, if that does happen then I will happilly eat Superman's hat.

Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed it is being released this year.

Have no fear!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2006, 06:57:01 PM »

Nope Superman is being pulled.

Though the budget is pretty fuckin high .

Something Like 250-300+million then they are going to have proable 100 + more to add on for marketing.

The one thing Warner should have done was put the movie on a diffrent release date .fourth of July is a good release date for something theat your going to need legs with to make your money back Espacially with POTC 2 coming out the next week.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2006, 06:59:00 PM »

Wait, you're saying that Warner are actually pulling out?!?!

That's insane...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2006, 07:12:57 PM »

No I'm not saying Warner is pulling out .Just they should have picked a better reales date .

Superman is going to need Legs like a mofo to make it's money back and films openign on  fourth of july weekend. get good openings but so so legs . plus the man of steel has to deal with POTC 2 in it's second weekedn . which isn't a good thing.

Warner should have waited to the weekend before thanksgiving .

They could have goten a good two to three weeks before they would of had any compatition.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 09:23:04 PM by Timothy » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: