Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:20:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Weekly voting
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weekly voting  (Read 2970 times)
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« on: November 22, 2006, 11:32:12 PM »

It has come to my attention  Roll Eyes that it is possible to vote multiple times on the weekly poll.  I think this is a problem if accurate polls are attempted.  Is there any way to prevent this in the future?  An unusually high number of people voted in last week's battle between IRS and Better.  How many people voted more than once? no

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 11:34:02 PM »

I know that I, for one, sat up for 4 hours each night and rigged the system to vote for "Better" over and over again, ensuring it would be the winner.

aimz
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 08:01:18 AM »

I know that I, for one, sat up for 4 hours each night and rigged the system to vote for "Better" over and over again, ensuring it would be the winner.

even though doing that is a pretty good idea.....why would anyone stay up for 4 hours to vote on a poll?
makane
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 12:33:50 PM »

If someone actually is that fucking pathetic, he can have the "win" for himself just fine.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Hysteron
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 04:45:07 PM »

An unusually high number of people voted in last week's battle between IRS and Better.?

What counts as unusually high, and if there is no rule against voting again, whats the problem?
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 05:24:41 PM »

Anything over 10,000 is unusually high.  There were only two instances in this website's history where the 10,000 mark was passed in terms of voting.  Both of them occurred this year and both of the polls dealt with new songs.  This definitely qualifies as unusually high..... much too hiiiiigh, ay ay ay ay aigh igh.  -sorry couldn't resist. smoking

It is entirely possible that more people get excited and vote for their favorite songs.  Maybe people just care more about such a straight forward question than some of the more recondite questions, and so those who don't usually vote come out of the woodwork.  Or maybe people just vote more than once because they think GNR management is watching and this poll will help them pick the first single.  If that is the case then the poll is not a very good market research tool for them.

This is a trivial poll I will concede, but what is the point of even a trivial vote if it is so inaccurate?

Bang Bang

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 03:04:08 PM »

I didn't want to make a new thread about this, but I thought something was weird:

Current poll results:

Asia (Japan, China etc)         13%       
Australia or New Zealand         7%       
South or Latin America         20%       
Europe         11%       
Africa         49%       

Total votes: 1507

We didn't have any rumours about Africa and this seems like the less possible option there. Are people spamming the votes just for fun?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 03:05:13 PM »

Yes.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 03:09:01 PM »

Ugh. I mean... WTF is wrong with people? no

Anyways, hopefully my vote turns out to be true (South America!).

Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 11:23:33 PM »

Jarmo,

Is it worth your while to limit the voting to one vote per IP address?  Is that even technically possible?  If some loser really cares about skewing the vote in their direction, and they are willing to run around from terminal to terminal, let them.  Hope they post their story afterwards so we can get a good chuckle out of these pathetic losers.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: